What games are you playing?

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kassidy
Site Admin

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Kassidy »

Borderlands 2, FTL, X-Com Enemy Unknown.
Mostly Borderlands 2 though.
And some Borderlands 2.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Ayla like Chrono. Chrono strong, beat reptiles.

There are very few games with the replay value of that one.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

just bought Black Ops 2, so will work on that.
On my iPhone 5 currently addicted to Tripletown and BikeRaceTFG
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I got a Wii-U a while ago and Nintendo Land is really fun. Need to get the Mario game for it and maybe Scribblenauts.

Other than that I've been playing nothing lately, winter vacation at home and new semester at school just started up.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Sheexy wrote:I got a Wii-U a while ago and Nintendo Land is really fun. Need to get the Mario game for it and maybe Scribblenauts.

Other than that I've been playing nothing lately, winter vacation at home and new semester at school just started up.
My brother got one with the new Mario. I haven't had a chance to touch it yet. He said the only downside is that the original Wii games are letter boxed because they aren't HD.

I'm currently playing
Rift: Storm Legion - The expansion content just blows any other MMO out of the water.
Counter Strike: Global Offensive.
And Very slowly The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. I did complete a dungeon since my last update :T
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Target had a buy two get one free deal going on for Wii U games, so I decided to get a few.

First was the new Mario game, it's really good so far. It's got challenges you can complete and stuff and they're freakin' hard at times. Really fun stuff.

The second was Sonic & All Stars Racing or whatever. I'm not sure about this one yet. Once I learn the tracks I'll probably like it a lot more, it gets kinda hectic the way your vehicle changes all the time. I always think I'm losing terribly but come out in first, it's definitely way more fair of a game than Mario Kart ever has been. Still have no idea what some of the items do, haha.

The last one was Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. I've never played a Ninja Gaiden one, so this was completely on a whim that I ended up picking this game. It's absolutely the most difficult game I've ever played. Got through the first "stage" or whatever on Normal difficulty which a guy on Miiverse said was impressive, most people have to go to "easy" difficulty which is known as "Hero". It beats me down, but I'm getting better at it, the combos are really fun to get going.

Also, got a pro controller for Sonic and Ninja Gaiden, thing is comfy as heck.

Picking up Sonic and Ninja Gaiden was kind of a new thing for me, I haven't had a console since the Gamecube (well I got a Wii from my friend but that was last year and only got smash, donkey kong and mario for it), and I haven't bought random games for myself in ages without a ton of research about them.

Feels good to kinda commit to playing a game I only knew basic reviews about. Reminds me of when I was younger I guess.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Way to go, Sheexy! You're making a case for a WiiU which is something I DON'T need. The new generarion of Ninja Gaiden games are all notoriously difficult. I picked up a copy of the 1st Xbox game years ago and was so brutalized and embarassed by it that the game has earned itself a permanent spot in the darkest corner of my game drawer, never to be opened again. You're a brave soul. Keep us posted on your progress.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

I beat Trine 2 this week. Now trying playing Skyrim. All these quests take time
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I've been playing through Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light which is actually really good, I think!
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Bit the bullet and got a Wii U with New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, and Ninja Gaiden 3. I haven't touched Nintendo Land yet. I'm really impressed with the console. The TV functionality is really nice. I only get digital over the air but some how it knows stuff. Miiverse is kind of nifty. It puts me in the mind of a Nintendo version of Google +. I like how most games can be played just on the gamepad. The biggest thing I was impressed with is that it came with an HDMI cable. Not many companies do that.

Sheexy is right about it being difficult. I had to drop the difficulty down after failing at the first boss so many times. I feel like a pro controller would be easier to work with than the gamepad. I'm not really use to the spacing.

Mario is a blast in multiplayer with one person on the gamepad. Creating blocks and the ability to mess with the enemies makes the game a little easier. Some stages it seems necessary to have that extra help.

I also downloaded Nano Assault Neo from the eshop. Makes me think of Super Star Dust on the Playstation but with upgrades. It's a fun pick up and play game that doesn't require a time investment.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Currently:

- Pokemon: Black 2
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
- Baldur's Gate 2
hawklise33
Ma Goblin

Post by hawklise33 »

manaman wrote:I've been playing through Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light which is actually really good, I think!
That game is the best :3
anywayz, man, its been a while since i logged in to this forums.
Anywayz, playing me Kid Icarus Uprising, battling people online.
Plus, FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING :3
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

since the birth of my daughter i haven't been playing a lot.... still, when i do i am on:
- BattleField 3
- Fallout New Vegas.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Harvest Moon: A Tale Of Two Towns
Mega Man I (3DS download)
Super C (3DS download)
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I picked up a 3DSXL second hand recently with a bunch of games, so have been having some fun with that (which I have had more of a chance to do than sit at my gaming PC the past few weeks) and the following games:
- Super Mario 3D Land (you shouldn't be able to get through the first 8 worlds and have 170 lives by the end!)
- Paper Mario Sticker Star (I'm not sure about this one)
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (playing with my wife... this series has gone down hill, 6 hours and only 30 puzzles?!?!?)
- Zelda Ocarina of Time (*)

(*) OK, confession... I haven't played this game before. I realise this is really sad, and I am going to now remedy this.

On a side note, I got a modded DS that outputs to USB for PC capture, and I have got a NES and SNES now capturing to PC also, so I can do some retro nonsense at some point too.