My Pokemans: Let me show you them

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Varius41
Eye Spy

Post by Varius41 »

Since so many of us here are into Pokemon (Don't try to deny it... there's no shame!) I figured it might be a neat idea for us to share our teams, why we made them this way, etc etc. Also, it can be beneficial for strengthening our teams if anyone sees a flaw or weakness in them.

So post away! I will start.

Lapras and Gardevoir are going to be my two tanks. Lapras will set up a substitute, throw a confuse ray, and then sit back and whittle away what she can with Psychic and thunderbolt.
Gardevoir will Substitute and calm mind, then try to work in a Hypnosis and Dream Eater to do damage and get her HP back.

Glaceon will be my special sweeper #1, seeing as how I am very fond of Ice type pokemon, especially with their ability to be so effective against Dragon types and tough Grass types. Ice beam, Shadow Ball, Water Pulse, and Signal Beam round out a pretty diverse move set and allow Glaceon to be effective against just about anything that is thrown at it.

Gengar partners with Glaceon to be the second special sweeper in my team, with a little more survivability. Substitute to keep status effects from immobilizing him, then giga drain, shadow ball, and thunderbolt depending on what he's facing.

Next on offense is Dragonite as a physical sweeper, with Aerial Ace for a nice STAB attack, Earthquake for it's overall power and general usefulness against many many things, Dragon Rush for another STAB and to have the edge on other dragon types, and Dragon Dance to boost his overall power and speed if he gets the chance.

Last but not least is Lucario, again as a physical sweeper. I havn't really decided much on his move set, but it will be filling in gaps mostly. Fire punch and a fighting type move, and probably swords dance if he gets the chance to make sure he kills things dead.

Probably has some serious flaws, but I am not super competitive (I don't seem to have access to the wifi network).
Last edited by Varius41 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

Kingler will always be my favorite pokemon. I've got no idea why, but I've always been a fan of it.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Shawn I'm disappointed by your choice of topic title. Was the perfect place for a "My Pokemans: Let me show you them" joke!

Still working on my team right now, but here are who I mainly use:

Roserade- Timid nature for the speed bonus, 252 EP to Special Attack and Speed, 6 in HP. Natural Cure ability.
Energy Ball as a good grass STAB attack, Sludge Bomb as a good poison STAB attack, Shadow Ball for psychics and other mean things and right now Giga Drain. Trying to pick a better fourth attack though Giga Drain is working pretty well. Its Special Attack is high enough that it can wipe most Pokemon out in one hit in the battle tower.

Aerodactyl- Jolly nature for speed, 252 EP in Speed and Attack, 6 in HP. Pressure ability is fun.
Super freaking fast.
Rock Slide for STAB and because it can flinch, Ice Fang because it can flinch or freeze and is good against so much stuff, Aerial Ace for STAB and so I don't have to worry about accuracy sometimes, and I think it has Crunch, but I'm considering getting rid of that so he can set up Stealth Rocks or maybe giving him another fang attack. Fire Fang for steels or Thunder Fang for water.

Garchomp- Jolly nature for speed, no EV training though.
Earthquake for STAB and cause it's so awesome, Dragon Claw for STAB and because I haven't tried breeding in a nicer dragon move, Fire Fang for steel and grass types etc. and Crunch cause it's ok.
Really need to redo him.

Rampardos- Jolly nature, no EV training. Got Mold Breaker ability which is nice.
He always starts off with a Rock Polish to up his speed, holds onto a Focus Sash so he can't get one shotted. Then after that he's usually faster than anything coming after him so he can just sweep with his ridiculous attack power.
Uses Rock Slide for STAB, Earthquake cause it's awesome, and I need to give him a fourth move. He had Avalanche because I thought, hey a decent sounding physical ice attack, nice! But then I realized Avalanche hits last every time. Not good for him unless I open with that attack.
He's really weak to attacks that get the first hit priority being used on him second move, but he does his job pretty well.

My team is kinda heavy on the fossil Pokemon right now. XD

Other than that I'm just trying to breed more natures and types I like.

Right now I'm working on getting a Jolly Heracross with Guts ability or a Scyther or Scizor with Technician.
Maybe will raise a Snorlax or something else since I can make eggs with stuff. Just got a lot of Dittos.
Varius41
Eye Spy

Post by Varius41 »

Sheexy wrote:Right now I'm working on getting a Jolly Heracross with Guts ability or a Scyther or Scizor with Technician.
I'm kinda wanting a scizor too. His natural speed and high attack power would probably suit my needs better than Lucario. I have a metal coat, we could trade scythers if you have one too (assuming you're still in town).

I also have 5 excess Evee's if you wanted one or two or three.

I have only EV trained my Glaceon (though not super perfectly, but it should work out fine... speed/special attack) and am leveling him up. He's already super dangerous, it will be awesome when he gets higher level.

I need to finish getting battle points so I can get the rest of the EV training items... I just get so darn bored of the place and leave after like 5 matches.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Since I have really gotten anywhere in Platinum the last Pokémon games I played were the original Gameboy ones. I don't remember much but it seemed like I always had a Nidoking and an Alakazam
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

Oh man, you've inspired me to start playing Platinum. I got it when it came out but I've had no time to start!
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

I do not have any pokemons.
I have an Epic Pet Wars... pet.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Would anyone like an Eevee?

I have all these left over from breeding a female.