Humble Indie Bundle V - This is a good one

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kassidy
Site Admin

Humble Indie Bundle V - This is a good one

Post by Kassidy »

http://www.humblebundle.com/

OK, seriously, you need to get this. No excuses. Get it, get it now, while it's hot.

Bastion
Psychonauts
Limbo
Amnesia Dark Descent
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Braid (just added)
Super Meat Boy (just added)
Lone Survivor (just added)
And the soundtracks for all of those games.

I have all the games, but I'm on the verge of buying the bundle anyway to get the soundtracks and give the games away.

These are A list games you must play.
Bastion: Action RPG / Dungeon Crawler, beautiful graphics and soundtrack, nice story, nicely narrated.
Psychonauts: Classic classic from Tim Schafer (Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, sorry you need me to say more?)
Limbo: Visually pleasing moderately difficult platformer, and has replayability. Try and do it without dying less than 5 times, I dare you.
Amnesia Dark Descent: Don't blink...
Super Meat Boy: The ultimate griefing engine. Fast-paced 8/16-bit era-styled platforming madness.
Lone Survivor: Haven't played it yet, but looks marvelous
Braid: Beautiful use of time manipulation ideas, excellent soundtrack, engaging puzzles and a rather bonkers storyline behind it.

Pay what you want. You can pay as little as $1 per game if you really want to (ok, you could go right down to a $1 for all 4, but that hurts them, so don't). I know I praise the HIBs quite a lot, but this one really has taken the quality of the bundles to a whole new level.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Re: Humble Indie Bundle V - This is a good one

Post by Kassidy »

Trailers for all the games.

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: Humble Indie Bundle V - This is a good one

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Yeah if you missed out on this bundle I feel bad for you. This one was great.

I already had Bastion (thanks Kass!) and it's an absolutely amazing game. Music, storytelling, art. The gameplay itself can be hit or miss at times because it's a little clunky at times, but that didn't stop me from trying to 100% the achievements on Steam. Battling is really really fun when you're in the special arena stages.
I paid the extra in the bundle so I could pick up that soundtrack, it's amazing.

Bastion = A+ recommend to everyone.

Played through and beat Psychonauts in like 2-3 days or so. It was pretty fun, funny storytelling and memorable characters. Really lacking in action in the levels, but they were all great, especially Milkman Conspiracy. The final stage though... holy heck. They even patched it to make it easier and it still took me ages. 100%'d this one too, really great.

As for the others I haven't really tried them, but I'll get to it sometime.

(Summertime so I have time for games now haha)