Seiken Densetsu d20 Collab Thread (Help Welcome!)

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Page one of the Character Sheet:
<Link Removed>

Its still not finished, but I like where its going so far...
Last edited by Duran on Tue May 08, 2007 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey,

That looks pretty good. I like the use of the "World of Mana" logo. Pretty cool. I don't understand character sheets all that well, but this looks pretty tight.

Someday I'll know,

manaman
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Its actually not that hard once you learn. Its pretty much like a "status menu" in an RPG, except its on paper and you have to update it yourself. This one is actually pretty basic compared to a Dungeons & Dragons char sheet.

I havent added the Rank Abilities...and I still need to make at least 1 more page for items, money, and other stuff.

BTW, since this is technically a "fan work" maybe someone should move it to the proper section...
Whc91us
Eye Spy

Post by Whc91us »

Dude, i so wanna play this when you get it done!!
If there was anything i could help with i would, but i dont know what it would be.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

If you know how to work D20 mechanics or you're a decent artist, it would help me a lot.
Whc91us
Eye Spy

Post by Whc91us »

yeah, im no artist, and ive never played D&D ever before, so i have no clue, heh sorry!
Last edited by Whc91us on Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Wonderful! You're hired! :P

EDIT:
Page 1 of the Character Sheet is completed. Once I get a feel for how the mechanics will play out, I'll start on Page 2.
Last edited by Duran on Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koren
Tomato Man

Post by Koren »

I know a very basic D20 system but it was one developed between me and some friends rather than any official version. As a result it's fairly fast and loose and depends on the players being fair in their interpretations of the rolls and on what their character could honestly do against whatever they're fighting/attempting.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I've done something like this awile back with some friends, but it was rather lame so we gave up on it. I hope yours comes out better then ours did! I'm pretty good with drawing, as you most likely seen with my manga drawings. I could help you with drawing if you would want me to, but it would take me some time since I'm kind of busy usally like how Sheexy is too.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Im still trying to come up with both a Class Change/Upgrade system like in SwoM. If I can't make one, I'll just drop it altogether.

I also want to make a skill-point system for weapons. So far it seems like its at a roadblock.

Im also trying to think of racial bonuses. I still haven't come up with anything for that either
Last edited by Duran on Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

I've been toying with this idea I've had in terms of weapon skills. Lemme know what you guys think:

When a character levels up, they're given skill points to allocate towards their weapon/s of choice. When they reach certain weapon skill levels, they can learn attacks of their choice from his/her weapon's level group.

However, if someone is trying to master a magic-based weapon like the Staff, not only are they given a choice to select a weapon skill from their level group, but they are also given sub-points that they can spend on additional spells.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Sounds good, sort of like SwoM, but even more advanced then that system. Got any more great ideas like this in store?
Leme Inthrigil
Blat

Post by Leme Inthrigil »

If you want, I'll make a game that uses all of this and lets you play on your computer, collect figures virtually, and trade with other people. It shouldn't take too long, I could do this as a side project while working on my Seiken Densetsu MMORPG. Tell me what you think of my idea. Also, you're going to want to do something with the broken Photobucket link.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

This is actually a table-top version of the Seiken series, so Im kinda just asking for any feedback on how the game's mechanics will work.

As for the link, check the first page.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

The character sheet is finally finished! Check the first page to view it.

Its a little basic, but it works.