Seiken Densetsu d20 Collab Thread (Help Welcome!)

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

SirUtka
Rabite

Post by SirUtka »

Hello, (first post and all that jazz)
I’ve had the idea of a table-top Mana RPG bouncing around my head for awhile now, glad to see someone else has the idea as well. If you need any help, I’m fairly well versed with D20, and other RPGs. Not much of an artist I’m afraid, but I can do stats and try to figure out game balance. Just a quick question to figure out the basic design goal. Are you looking to make a Mana sourcebook that can be plugged into a regular D&D game, or is this more like a separate game based on the d20 system? Either way I’d like to offer whatever help I can. Good luck.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Separate game...I might just set it up so that you can create your own world.

So far, the mechanics I have are pretty basic, and I'll probably keep it that way for right now, until someone makes Advanced Seiken Densetsu d20... =P
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

UPDATE: Currently working on Abilities and skills. If you guys have any ideas, feel free to post them up. I'll give you a brief description of what each are:

Abiluties - Abilities are passive, meaning that theyre automatically active as long as your character is alive.

Skills - Skills are pretty much skill checks and can have points added to those skills each level to increase their successes (Example: Search and listen checks, Diplomacy checks, etc)

Im currently looking for skills and abilities for both races and classes. Feel free to post up any ideas.
SirUtka
Rabite

Post by SirUtka »

The normal D20 skills should work for the most part, although I wonder if having "open chest" be it's own skill, instead of your typical open lock, this skill makes it so you can avoid any special traps hidden within a treasure chest. (it fits the genre).
AS for abilities, perhaps for the knight Jumi you could give others an AC bonus (or some type of defensive bonus).

Also if you want I could post some plain d20 Mana beasts and which then could be modified to fit the specifics better.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Well Im making sure that each race and class has it's own set of different abilities and skills...
Last edited by Duran on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Nearly finished working on Abilities and skills. After that, I need to add weapon/spell damage.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Progress completed. Now in the middle of testing.

So far, I found one thing that needs to be fixed...
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Got practically all of it done myself...and since I've gotten little to no help at all. That means 100% credit for making this goes to ME!!!

Your losses... ^_^

I'll pst up the Final version after I've made sure everything works...
ryoko126
Dark Knight

Post by ryoko126 »

Ok, Duran asked me to create original character art, and I will work on this tomorrow. It's after midnight atm. Also I'll work on like some scene pictures too.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

I'll send you art concepts that I'd like you to follow.
ryoko126
Dark Knight

Post by ryoko126 »

Ok sounds great.
Trang
BuzzBee

Post by Trang »

Any update?
What material do we already have?
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

The only thing I really need is artwork.
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

Hmm... Well this is cool. Hows your little project coming from your last post Duran?
RevRFish
Pumpkin Bomb

Re: Seiken Densetsu d20 Collab Thread (Help Welcome!)

Post by RevRFish »

So I remember being on the edge of my seat when I first read about this project some time ago. Was there ever a release? *Hopin'*