Seiken Densetsu d20 Collab Thread (Help Welcome!)

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

How are you at map-drawing?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Maps eh? Do you want them to look like those awesome Middle Earth type maps you see, or what are you looking for?
I've never drawn one, but I'm sure if I studied it enough I could get a certain style down, and then use the computer to make it look right.
I dunno, it's worth a shot I guess.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

I'd love to have you work on a world map if you can, but I want you to wait until I finish the region descriptions so you can get an idea of what the world would look like in your minds eye.

If you can get them to look as good as the ones in the series, that would be great. If not, then I would like you to try to be as close to it as you can.
Last edited by Duran on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Update: Nearly done with regions...
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Sheexy wrote:Maps eh? Do you want them to look like those awesome Middle Earth type maps you see, or what are you looking for?
I've never drawn one, but I'm sure if I studied it enough I could get a certain style down, and then use the computer to make it look right.
I dunno, it's worth a shot I guess.
This... really isn't my place to say, but I've been doing maps for quite awhile. I don't like it too much, but I sketch mine out in a manner very similar to LoTR, only, in pencil. I've also got some experience doing regions (controlled by X or Y kingdom) and such... I'm not volunteering (I'd do it if it weren't for my lack of a job), but maps can be difficult to do, especially on the computer (at least, the way I attempt to do them), so if any help is needed, I'll see what time I have for it.

By the way, glad to see a d20 Seikens game, but I'll wait until it's done to weigh in.
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Hey Duran, have you ever used a program called AutoRealm? It can make some pretty spiffy maps with a little skill and effort. Here is a map I made for my wargame. Note this can be made in many other styles, I just did it this way as it suited my tastes well and looked nice.
I should also note this version of the map is of course missing a lot of minor things that exist on the full version, it's just I didn't have a handy version of it to show you.
Later,
Lotus
Last edited by Lotus on Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Funny you should mention AutoRealm, I've used it. It was darn confusing to me at the time, though, since I'd never touched D&D before. Think I still have a copy on my other computer...

Maybe that's what I should use for my maps, now that I think about it.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Auto Realm? sounds interesting...where can I find it?
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

I think it should be fairly easy to just grab off of Google. I don't remember how I came across it though.
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

http://www.gryc.ws/autorealm.htm

Read up on it when using, if you can find tutorials, do them, it will become much easier.
To do the map I did, I simply drew the jagged lines and made the shapes I needed then filled them with various colors, it is actually really simple. Obviously my map has no towns, names or anything like that on it.
I plan on painting the map at a later date anyways. What I will be doing is painting it, then on a separate paper painting town Icons and such, then adding the icons to the maps that way I can move them around if I want to. Anyways, that is off topic.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Are you good at using autorealm? If you are, I could use that if Im unable to do it.
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

I am decent with out, though out of practice granted. Anyways, I am confused by the last part of your post.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

In other words, you could possibly help me or contrubute a map yourself.
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Oh, maybe, you'll have to let me know what you need help with and what you are looking for exactly.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Well Im busy with school right now so I won't have a chance to try it our for a while