Flammie Test Flight (Sans Flammie)

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I was lazy and didn't animate some Flammie sprites I found.

Anyways, here is a quick example of the Mode7 stuff.
I dunno what resolution to run it in for the screen saver, so I'm putting it here for y'all to look at.

Right now it is at 640 x 400.

I am thinking the end result of the screen saver will have to be the flying area surrounded by blackness because blowing the resolution up all the way looks pretty terrible. I don't even know if it looks that great in 640x400. Looks real nice in 320x200 but that is just tiny. Just tiny.

How the heck do TVs display sprites blown up so well without looking terribly pixelly?

Anyways, in this mockup you actually get to control where you fly around.

Arrow keys to fly around.

A button ascends, Z button descends. You start off at the very bottom, fly way up high to get the best view.
I figure in the screen saver Flammie will randomly fly higher and lower as well as change directions.

I tried out some heightmapping, but I had some serious problems with it.
If I am ever going to have a hightmapped version done it'll have to be pixel by pixel detail... and considering that the map is 4096 x 4096 pixels I don't really see that happening... even if most of them are water... that's an insane workload.

So right then, onto the file:

http://www.seikens.com/sheexy/Fly.exe
Made in Multimedia Fusion by Clickteam. The way lazy people like me create games. ;) I threw in a random midi file because I wanted it to be kinda cool, I figured the Sunken Continent is risen so I should play Dark Star. I didn't get the clouds to match though, those are ripped from a tutorial I had.:-)

Tell me where to go with this people.