Just Another Noob

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
Khyron
Iffish

Just Another Noob

Post by Khyron »

Thank you to whomever created this great site! There's a wealth of information here and, though I've been playing Mana games for almost 20 years, I feel like I've just scratched the surface of the Seiken universe. Again, thank you for putting all of this together for us to enjoy; I plan on dropping by as often as possible.
Kefka
Whimper

Re: Just Another Noob

Post by Kefka »

welcome to the board!
I wanted to warn you about Duran who eats newbies, but haven't seen him in a while...

enjoy your stay!
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Hiya other noob Khyron! Welcome to Seikens :D
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Welcome on board.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Thanks, everyone!
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I'm really late, but welcome Khyron!

What is your favorite Seiken Densetsu game?
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Sheexy,

Now I'm the one who's late in my reply! Without a doubt Secret of Mana is far and away my favorite Mana game. Aside from being a fantastic game in its own right, the circumstances surrounding me getting a copy and my first play through are tied to a great time in my life. After trading 10 CDs from my collection and some paltry amount of $ I got a SNES and four or five games, including Mana, from a buddy of mine.
In the same way people associate a certain song with a memorable road trip or can't pass by the local Italian restaurant and not think about the girl you took there on a first date, I will forever associate the summer of 95 with my first play through of Mana. A truly remarkable game for one of the best summers I've ever had.
:-)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Haha, yeah for me it was the summer of 1993 (august and september practically count as summer in Texas :) )

I remember going to my aunt's and playing outside in the sunshine, swinging from a rope under a big shady tree. Then we went inside and she showed me "this cool new game" that she had just gotten. The vibrant graphics and fun music of the first areas in SoM reminded me of the places I'd just been playing around in outside, and it blew me away that a game could have such a beautiful and vast seeming overworld.
I was used to playing Mario and stuff up until that point. XD

Good times, good times.

Have you ever played Final Fantasy Adventure on gameboy? (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest in Europe)
Secret of Mana and FFA are kind of at odds with one another for which one is my most favorite Mana game. I think SoM might have the title, but FFA is really great too.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Sheexy,

No, and I kick myself for not picking up a copy when I had the chance. As the original Gameboy was being fazed out I happened upon all three FF Legend games and FF Adventure at a Gamestop or Babbages or whatever they were back then. I bought the three Legend games and passed over Adventure, not realizing that it was actually part of the Mana series. I think I paid $20 a piece for the Legend games and sold them on ebay a few years ago for quite a bit more than that.
Maybe I'll check out Amazon and see what they're asking for a complete copy and finally put my Super Gameboy to some use.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

(belated) welcome aboard on board, Khyron. I be known as Moti.
Pleaase make yourself at home :D
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Abdul_Moti wrote:(belated) welcome aboard on board, Khyron. I be known as Moti.
Pleaase make yourself at home :D
(Belated) thanks, Moti! Everyone here has been very nice and the wealth of Seiken information is overwhelming!
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I normally don't post in these, but your avatar comforts me.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

DeadWolf wrote:I normally don't post in these, but your avatar comforts me.
My other passion is Robotech/Macross; hence the screen name any Zentradi avatar.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Howdy, noob. :)