Sword of Mana remake for Vita on Sony's TGS site!

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Zerrin
Lullabud

Sword of Mana remake for Vita on Sony's TGS site!

Post by Zerrin »

New Final Fantasy Adventure is for PS Vita, according to Sony TGS 2015 website

Yooooo~! Let's hope it's more GBA than GB! Kameoka's distinctive art style mustn't be lost!!

EDIT: An article on Siliconera featuring questions posed to Masaru Omayada features a few more juicy titbits:
  • Price will be around ¥1400 (£7.50/$11.60)
  • The game may also be released on PlayStation 4 (separate trophy lists, plz!)
  • If the remake is successful, it could lead to further 3D remakes, specifically of Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3!!
  • Graphics aside, the gameplay is largely unchanged from the Game Boy version, but various extra features could potentially be added through content updates. (Sword of Mana character skins, perhaps?)
  • When asked about Seiken Densetsu 5, Omayada said that while he couldn't say anything specific, they haven't given up on it.
Last edited by Zerrin on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: Sword of Mana remake for Vita on Sony's TGS site!

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I like Kameoka's style a lot, but the original look for SD1 is my absolute favorite.
Excited for this, I just got a Vita a few weeks ago to play LoM. :-D

Here is the image from the website, I stitched the background together here:
sd1remake.jpg
sd1remake.jpg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 19344 times
Beautiful!
ShardofTruth
Rabite

Post by ShardofTruth »

Am I the only one who thinks this game looks really ugly? Say about Sword of Mana what you want but at least the enviroments didn't look so plain and dull and the characters/enemies had more expression. This game looks like the worst Nintendo DS game I can imagine.
coqui
Polter Chair

Post by coqui »

May buy a PS Tv for this! :-) :-)
moichispa
Mushboom

Post by moichispa »

While generally speaking the style lacks a bit tof the uniqueness typical of the saga, any news about a new game is awesome news.I hope it sells well.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I really hope this comes to the PS4 as I'm still on the fence about getting a Vita. Of course, if it does come to the Vita only, I hope it is playable on the VIta TV as I would probably pick one up (though I will kick myself for passing on the $25 deal that happened a couple weeks ago.

Now, I haven't really been able to make out much from the video but I am pretty impressed. It seems to be more in line with the original game than Sword of Mana. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy Sword of Mana, it just seemed very clearly to be post Secret of Mana era Seiken Densetsu which I don't enjoy as much. I hope that we do see remakes but only if they are handled well and don't become the cash in that the Final Fantasy remakes seem to be. Personally, if this one ends up being good, I hope they jump straight to a sequel. Even the mobile port of Secret of Mana isn't as enjoyable as the original for me (and barely anything has changed!).
ShardofTruth
Rabite

Post by ShardofTruth »

New trailer, apparently the remake (third time's the charm) is called Adventures of Mana now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Mu-lqV_BY
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

It's frustrating that it is only available on iOS in the US. I bought two different gamepads that fit around the iPhone so that I could use actual buttons and it STILL controls a bit clunky. Why couldn't this have come to 3DS or Wii U? :/
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Just watched the trailer, and now I'm wondering, is this a remake of Sword Of Mana or of Seiken Densetsu 1? The trailer makes it look as if the boy is the only playable character, instead of both the boy and the girl.
I'd want to play a remake of Sword Of Mana, but I'm not all that interested in Seiken Densetsu 1 :(

Wow, it's been ages since I visited here. How's everyone?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey, Kimiko, good to see you around!

It's actually a remake of SD1, like a direct remaster rather than remake actually. As far as I know they didn't change any mechanics or anything, just updated the graphics.

I've heard it's a pain to control on mobile, so I'll probably pick it up on Vita sometime.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Aw, that's disappointing to hear. I liked playing the girl's side of the story much better, even though the ending was pretty meh. I guess I'll skip this game then. Wish they'd make a good new Mana game instead of all these remakes and mobages.