[SD3] Your Notes and Thoughts on Teams

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dutch Samurai
Mushboom

Post by Dutch Samurai »

Do you think they will make a DS port of SD3?
Varius41
Eye Spy

Post by Varius41 »

I was going to start a new topic, seeing as how I haven't visited these forums in... I dunno... over 3 years? But luckily I can read! :p

I finally got the patience to finish SD3. This was my first time all the way through.
Group was: Lise, Hawk, and Duran

Duran was my only healer, but I was lazy when it came to getting the ??? seed items and he could only single-target the heals. It worked out pretty well though in the end.

Lise was a Starlancer, and the buffs to the group came in handy a LOT.

Finally, Hawk. He had the multi-jutsus, which came in handy and complimented lise's multiparty stat buffs very nicely. Towards the end, God Beasts were hitting me for no more than 50 damage at a time, which made Duran's job easy, and allowed him to wail on the enemy.

I have to admit, I was quite disappointed with Hawk at first. He seemed really weak, even with his double-hitting attack. I was much happier with him once I got him his class change(s), though.
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

I do a prettuyy fancy Kevin-Hawkeye-Carly team myself :3
Aurora_Borealis
BuzzBee

Post by Aurora_Borealis »

Well, my team mainly consisted of Lise (Reisz), Kevin, and Carlie. Lise is purely my favorite character of all, and I love hers/Hawk's story the most. Although I did love the Dragon boss from Durans/Angelas story, I loved fighting the Prince of Darkness slightly more. Carlie's/Kevin's Mirage Palace has the best music in the entire game though, I really loved that place.
hawklise33
Ma Goblin

Post by hawklise33 »

I play Seiken Densetsu 3 on my computer and hawk, lise, and carlie are my favorite characters for my team. Except Hawk and Lise are the best.
The best part about the game is when Hawk kiss Lise. Awww.the romance :heart:.
Ahem.... I read a fanfic about Hawk caring for Lise and doesnt care about Jessica, a miracle :P, and the writer uses Hawk, Lise, and Carlie. I've also read other fanfics with Hawk as nightblade and Lise as starlancer and guess what... THEY WERE MARRIED!! it just a fanfic that i read. but that would be cute if they were married :heart:.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Poor Jessica. I also used to go for Hawk, Lise, and Carlie, when my Hope and I used to play the game together. It was nice to use the sprites for role play as well, which led to a lot of Hawk/Lise coupling fun. Nowadays though, since she's not really interested in SD3 any more, I've gone for an Angela, Lise, and Carlie all girls team instead. And my hombre the Crimons Lotus Wizard of course, thanks to the power of the game genie, or action replay guy, whatever he's calling himself these days.
Zergrinch
Kid Goblin

Post by Zergrinch »

My favorite team consists of Hawkeye, Lise, and Kevin. Hawkeye does the stat-downs, Lise does the stat-ups, Kevin does the healing, and they all kick the ass.

My least used character is Angela, because of the way the game responds to her more destructive magic (and the niggardly effect of Faerie Walnut - in SoM you can carry 4 which replenish 50 MP ~ 200 in total; here you can carry 9 which replenish 20 MP apiece ~ 180 in total. Boo hiss.)
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

Mine? since I like to exploit elemental weaknesses, Duran /Angela / Hawkeye is favorable for me. The main reason of placing Hawkeye is simple: do stat down while attacking their weakness. simple matter, but could be much of use.

Least used character? well, I am truly sorry to Carlie, although she can heal by most amount, I found her attacks are hard to handle. Surely my opinion is subjective, so I advice everyone not to get some emotions on me.
Zergrinch
Kid Goblin

Post by Zergrinch »

Carlie doubling up on Light [Bishop] is wicked. To a level-up whore playing Kevin/Carlie's scenario, Turn Undead is simply overpowering - fullscreen 999 damage to all undead enemies - including the final boss - for 1 MP. Plus, she has a unique multi-target Tinkle Rain which help with those bosses that cast max hp-down spells.

Carlie doubling up on Dark [Necromancer] is also a force to be reckoned with. All of Hawkeye/Lise's stat-downs, in just one spell (Black Curse), which means you can commence on the pounding much more quickly.

And of course, any final class of Carlie provides the party with multi-target sabers. This, coupled with her instantaneous healing, will lighten your inventory considerably.
Last edited by Zergrinch on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

I do not have much a tactic to my character picks, but when I play it's usually KevinDuranHawkeye.

Duran - Paladin
He is my healer.

Hawkeye - Ninja
He casts spells.

Kevin - God Hand
He is my strength.
Last edited by gamekrazzy on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReasonsUnknown
BuzzBee

Post by ReasonsUnknown »

Hm, I had a pretty good play through with Hawkeye - Rogue, Lise - Starlancer, and Duran - Swordmaster. I've been partial to Rogue for a while, his traps are fun and a unique trait to that class, they are fast casts and you can lightly exploit elements. Lise's full party buffs were always a plus, she also had a fairly powerful single target tech. And Duran's elemental sabers made short work of bosses.

This party doesn't really have any of the high power attacks you would get from, say Angela or Carlie, but with the buff spells boss fights just became overgrown target practice. The lack of a healer was a little off setting, and in retrospect most people would make Duran a lord in this situation. I feel that having the sabers was a huge benefit, and made not having a full party heal worth it. Besides, Lise's spirit made her a good makeshift healer with poto oils.
CaraBanana
Kimono Bird

Post by CaraBanana »

Lise is my favorite character, and I have used her in every one of my parties. I do love playing through her beginning and story. Oh, and early ??? seeds for the win.

Anyhow...

I have used every character in the game, but the party that had me blazing through boss after boss was Lise, Kevin, Duran.

Lise: Star Lancer - Multitarget stat-ups come in handy like you would not believe. Marduke silences the enemies that won't shut up (Wizard group... urgh FIREBALL! ICE SMASH! spell after spell argh!)... and it makes me that much happier.

Kevin: Death Hand - Rrrrrrrrip 'em to shreds muhahahahahaHAHAHhahahaha! No seriously, he is why I blazed through boss after boss.

Duran: Lord - Yeah yeah, I know. No FST. I. Don't. Care.
This class, first of all being a Light class, carries shields, and believe me when I say it helps A LOT. Multitarget healing, always a plus. The reason I made him the healer and not Kevin is because his attack speed is soooo slooooooowwww.... but that's just me. Just because a character is in Light class, that does not make them weak at all (in fact, Lise's Vanadis, her Light-Light, has the highest strength of her final classes).

I used Carlie once. Great little healer and little dominator in Bishop. Why, dear Square, WHY did you make her so annoying??? Never used her since.

Hawk... is my favorite guy of the three. I used him twice, once as Nightblade and another as Wanderer (and dude, he looks exactly like Zidane Tribal... L0L), and I really really like Hawk buuuuuut..... a little cruel part of me enjoys the part when Hawk kisses Lise on instinct because she agreed not to kill Bigieu. :)

Angela... I also used her twice, once as Magus and another as Grand Divina. I want to make another party with her as Runemaster this time, but I really just prefer a strength based team. Oh, but I do love Angela's character... miss sassypants. :)
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

I thought being the SoM god that I was, I would try something challenging in SD3. So I did this:

Hawk (Lead) - Ninja Master
Angela (Secondary) - Magus
Carlie (Tertiary) - Necromancer

That was quite possibly THE dumbest thing I've ever done. Hawk was my heaviest hitter but still had crap stats in favor of jutsus, which with me focusing on strength and agility meant he was damned hard to hit but did all the damage of a rampaging blowfly. Angela's magic was handy but mostly I used her for Pink Cloud to hold the enemies still for a few moments. And Carlie's healing was nigh-on useless (chugging candy and chocolate like they were illegal) but Black Curse came in useful; and Craaazy is just plain fun to watch.

So yeah. Very difficult but immensly rewarding after a six-hour grind in the Dark Castle and then wiping the Archfiend across the floor.
CaraBanana
Kimono Bird

Post by CaraBanana »

Tyrfillich wrote:I thought being the SoM god that I was, I would try something challenging in SD3. So I did this:

Hawk (Lead) - Ninja Master
Angela (Secondary) - Magus
Carlie (Tertiary) - Necromancer

That was quite possibly THE dumbest thing I've ever done. Hawk was my heaviest hitter but still had crap stats in favor of jutsus, which with me focusing on strength and agility meant he was damned hard to hit but did all the damage of a rampaging blowfly. Angela's magic was handy but mostly I used her for Pink Cloud to hold the enemies still for a few moments. And Carlie's healing was nigh-on useless (chugging candy and chocolate like they were illegal) but Black Curse came in useful; and Craaazy is just plain fun to watch.

So yeah. Very difficult but immensly rewarding after a six-hour grind in the Dark Castle and then wiping the Archfiend across the floor.
Your sig is loltastic.

And the opposite party to mine. :)
Wow that does seem difficult... but maybe making Angela a Rune Master would have made it easier? XD
If you would have made Hawk a Nightblade, he would have at least had a full screen technique despite his insect-like strength.:-P
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

Well aside from being colored in funky neons, one of my favourite moves was to have a three-person combo: Curse, Cloud and Cover (with Shurikens). Fighting Jagan took ages but he barely got a decent hit in sideways.