LEGO Mech Suit / Space Marine

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Today I was inspired to build a LEGO Mech Suit after I found this page: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=94860

It had some nice instructions and I tried to follow along, however I soon found out that I didn't have half the pieces I needed to finish it!
So I ended up getting the basics from the instructions there, and threw together a Mech Suit of my own. It kinda reminds me of a space marine from Warhammer or something.

My photos aren't very good, but hopefully you can make out the details.

Its shoulders and hips can pivot, it can bend at the waist, upper arms bend in two places, elbows bend, the claw hand can bend more inwards, each of the fingers bends, the knees bend and the feet can pivot and bend as well.
It's pretty articulate.

The minifigure actually doesn't go inside, it's just a head stuck on there. But you can imagine there is a person in there.
The back could use some work, but it looks ok. The gun looks really good from this shot.

I thought I had enough pieces to make another in white and grey, but I didn't really. The end result was kinda pieced together out of random stuff and was very shakey, it could barely stand, so I went the obvious route and made it a dead one.

That gun arm is pitiful. I'll try to make a better one tomorrow.
Tallon
Kimono Bird

Post by Tallon »

WOW!!! That's awesome Sheexy!

You are truly a genius with LEGOs.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Thanks man. :D
Hey do you have any LEGOs by any chance?

I remember Stuart had like, the Harry Potter ones and some old space ones, but I didn't know if you had any.

I ask this cause Trey just told me I could have all of his. :-P

Running low on parts. XD
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Nice... うはwwwwww :P

I have some Lego... I even have the Lego Mindstorm (Lego computer, motors, sonic sensor, colour and light sensor, sound sensor an touch... and probably more I might forget). With Mindstorm and lots of Lego it could be a pretty big and functional Mecha :P
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Wow, so many pieces I never had when I was a kid. And they all look like they've never been played with. Mine looked all dull and scratched after years of use.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Kimiko wrote:Wow, so many pieces I never had when I was a kid. And they all look like they've never been played with. Mine looked all dull and scratched after years of use.
Haha, like 90% of my LEGOs are terrible looking and off color from age. Somehow none of them ended up in these two mechs though. XD

Thanks Ailise, I never got into that mindstorms stuff. Too expensive for me. XD
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

which one am i?
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

You're the grey 'legs' piece that makes the shoddy mech's fingers. Creative use :)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Kimiko wrote:You're the grey 'legs' piece that makes the shoddy mech's fingers. Creative use :)
Yeah, I wish I could take credit for that, but the guy I got the instructions from did that, and I'm pretty sure there are some old LEGO sets that do that as well.

The variety of uses for each piece is really amazing when you think about it, it's what makes each build more fun.

Whenever I think something I am building is too boring looking I realize it's because I haven't tried any novel building techniques.
Also my stuff tends to be more interesting when I'm scrounging for parts and have to use each piece wisely. XD
Tallon
Kimono Bird

Post by Tallon »

I don't have any unfortunately. However, if I remember correctly, my brother has a TON. You could always ask him...he works at the feed store.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

... No words could express it. o_0
Are they ones you were talking about by our talk last on Saturday?
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

If I had joined up here a few years ago I could have given Sheexy an absolutely gargantuan amount of Legos but I got rid of them a while back though.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Abdul_Moti wrote:... No words could express it. o_0
Are they ones you were talking about by our talk last on Saturday?
Yeah, this is what I was up to.

kirby wrote:If I had joined up here a few years ago I could have given Sheexy an absolutely gargantuan amount of Legos but I got rid of them a while back though.
Aww man. XD
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

Sheexy wrote:
kirby wrote:If I had joined up here a few years ago I could have given Sheexy an absolutely gargantuan amount of Legos but I got rid of them a while back though.
Aww man. XD
That tone is way too funny coming from you Sheexy, and when I use the word gargantuan there is usually a lot. I am serious when I say that I did get rid of them though, they were constantly falling apart whenever they were moved.