Ideas for the seikens!

Help out with the site! Suggestions and ideas go here.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Ironicly, search results such as "worst cosplay" bring up the seikens faster than "seikens densetsu 3" or "secret of mana". This is also a mystery, shouldn't the seikens be the first search result for those games? I don't know of any other site that uses those words more and seikens is also fairly old so it should be popular on the web...

On and off topic: Good point. ^-^;
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

A big part of Google's algorhythm for page ranking is how many sites link to us. Not a huge amount we can actively do about that one.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Forget about search results, its an outside control that we never be able to change, unless we have good keywords.

Google lives in its own world. If you disobey it, your site gets banned. Many sites that sold links got their Page Rank degraded, while sites that never gets visitors get better Page Rank. Seikens might be removed from search results while searching for "seikens", but it's page rank got higher. Its 6 now. At the beginning of this year seikens had 4.

No more talk about search result

Polls: it will stay no, wheter it takes bandwidth or not. I already said this twice, nobody used it when we had it. Adding polls would be a waste of time for me and if it is added for some reason, nobody would use it and/or everyone use it to create useless topics that never have anything worth to discuss about
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

How about a roasted Rabite smiley? :)
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

WIP (in other words, quick and dirty 5 minute edit).
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Roasting Rabite!
Danny

Post by Danny »

Kassidy wrote:Image
Oh man, that's good! You should show it to Sheexy, it would be another nice rabite emotion icon to add. Newbies could use it to give Duran a rabite tribute. It's practicly the only way to get a "free Duran cookie" these days. To bad all the older members didn't have that option, we just got eaten.
Last edited by Danny on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

A better burning one.

The full roasting

Roasted
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Ooh, the burning and roasting ones are very good. The completely roasted one needs a little work yet I think.

Where's Duran? We need you for taste testing.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I'll fill in for him! I am his right handman after all that got him hooked on rabites in the first place. Ah, the good old RP days of looking for Angela and hunting down Koren and Lumi.

Rabites roasting in an open fire. Sorry, I couldn't resist it. ^-^;
Both the rabites taste fine to me but Duran is the expert. He should give a full review of the rabites. :)
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

The sites biggest problem is to get people here. To do that something must be created or changed so more people comes in here. To me it looks like all the "main creators" are somehow afraid of changes and just to lazy to make simple changes requested. (sorry about this bash >.< might not be totally true. But in this thread you look very anti-things.)

Well... the one thing I'm sure off is one problem, this is just a page about SD. People have lost interest in the series. It's old and all new stuff sucks. I would say that most ppl in the forum don't even play the SD anymore. Maybe it's time to expand the horizon somehow. Maybe by including other games?
Maybe rebuild the site so fans can contribute with facts in an automatic matter?
Giving more freedom to the users is the future. Maybe it's time to sit down and think of a way to make this happen.

Time to move away from the normal look of a website and make a Fansite in which the fans are also part of the site ^^

(sorry for all this long long **** :P )
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

First off, thank you for the feedback. No need to apologise at all, if this is your perception and your honest response to that perception, it is useful input for us. :)

Part of the reason that the board and the site are kinda separate in the way of contributions (and when there are contributions we do move them to site asap) is it assists in quality control... I for one am willing to go with change, in fact I have a good few things planned to happen on the page that I have yet to talk about, but I just haven't had time to implement them just yet (I'm working on a full-scale corporate website this past month, and also another voluntary site that saps some time here and there). But I will get them done, promise, and part of that will indeed address some of the items you mention (such as expanding out to other game series).

At the end of the day though, the purpose of the site is to be a site dedicated to the SD series. And there is quite a lot still to cover on the current games that have been released.

We will also be incorporating a larger "Fan" section that doesn't just cover the fanart (currently) but also fanfics, and other creations. But again, part of the reason for keeping things going through submission and approval is to make sure that quality is upkept. Not to say that we would turn down, say a fanfic if we thought it wasn't too great, but other things such as articles that make it on to the main page we would maybe edit them to assure quality, or make certain that a fanfic or fanart weren't in breach of the family orientation of the site.

I need to try and work on some of this tonight if possible, and expect another boost from me nearer the end of the month with Xmas coming up.
Danny

Post by Danny »

This place may look dead now but in a few months, it will be bouncing back into life. Me and Kaze are making SD mangas and Sheexy still has to make the sections for that SoM and SD3 secrets and errors stuff I wrote and emailed to him. He also has to get all my screen shots for the SoM secrets page too. 8)

As for covering other series... I don't know, it sounds like a great idea yet this site is about the SD series. Just like how there's a site for the PS series, the CT, etc. We talk about other games too but I'm not sure about making new main page sections for them. In the end, it's the webmasters who decide. I'm still not sure about it myself, I'm 50-50 with the idea as of now.

There does seem to be a lot of un-active members and fewer ones that join so we might be able to attract them with some new features that were mentioned here. Heck, it might even get more video gamers that will learn about the SD series. I'm sure there's some CT fans out there who have never played any of the mana games. Not everyone searches for the best games like me, heh.

A lot of us are busy with school and work so we can't visit the site as often as we would like... I will be working on my manga and contributing more here during Chirstmas holiday, March Break and my favorite... Summer vaction!
Last edited by Danny on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

I think a total re-work of the whole main page could be a better choice rather than covering other game series.

Right now I am not so satisfied with the current layout. As you earlier said, the layout doesnt looks so gaming-look.
I am open for suggestions.
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

GUESSSSSSSS THATTT MONSTTTER SHOWWWW!
Have a silluet of the monster and ppl guess?
I dont know.... If they get a guess right maybe give a free banner that has the monster on it saying "i guessed the monster' for them to use in forum?
I dunno...... &#12358;&#12399;wwwwww but it was worth a try?