Notice anything about the forums?

Archived news can be found here. (Read-only)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I took the liberty of changing the default forum skin to a new one I made. Don't like it? Live with it... nah, I'm kidding, you can change it back to whatever you had in your user profile.

Anyways, I got bored so I made this Sword of Mana field themed skin for the boards. Won't hurt my feelings at all if you don't like it. I spent all of ten minutes making it.

Maybe it is too bright for your tastes, I like it cause it wakes me up. Anyways, I'm going to randomly add in new skins to the board that have Mana themes to them. I'm gonna try to fill it up with tons of different themed stuff. Snowfields, deserts, jungles and whatever else I can work out.

Also, if you've got tiles I am kinda desperate for them.
Let me know what you guys think, and give me some ideas of what you would like to see!

Hope y'all enjoy it!
Danny

Post by Danny »

It looks like a nice SwoM wallpaper before loging in. After loging, it go's back to normal again (the original green). It's a little bright, but great! Nice work Sheexy, I love how it came out! You have nice and fresh ideas Sheexy!:)

Let's have 3 cheers for Sheexy's new fourm (before login) SwoM wallpaper layout! It's great the way it is and loads.:-)
Last edited by Danny on Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

That's a lot bright, but good work. I'm planning on working on one myself this week. I'll keep you updated as to how it's coming along. Got any more lined up Sheexy?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

What needs to be toned down in the brightness? The background right?

I don't think I'll tone this one down any.
I'm hoping to have darker skins though too.

Get some light and dark so people can take their pick.

Currently I don't have enough tiles to make many more.
That and my computer is gone. ^-^;
Leeching off of my roommates.
Danny

Post by Danny »

SoM and SD3 fourm wallpaper layouts would also be kind of cool to have if you didn't already make some. It would be awesome to be able to pick from deserts, snowfeilds, mountain ranges, etc. and from many different mana games!

Most people (like me) would go for SoM, SD3 and SwoM layouts the most. I'm pretty sure of it. What ever else ideas you have are great! Don't worry to much about the brightness, people will get used to it. It also disapears after they login, so we won't mind very much. Great work, once again Sheexy!^_^
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I've got a Seiken Densetsu 3 one in the works, expect to see it sometime tonight.

It'll be more of a mid-range skin.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Ahh, I see great idea Sheexy! Will you also do desert ranges and such for all or most of the mana games like SwoM, SoM, SD3, etc.? The SD3 would have to be the best in terms of grapics! The snowfield, desert, mountain range, etc.! Ha, I can't wait! Thanks on behalf of me and all of the other seikens members for you contributions to this site! Great work, man!
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Ok, I've got an SD3 alternative if you people want to use it.

It isn't very polished, it uses the same baddies as the SwoM one because I was lazy.
I couldn't get the text for the "Post Reply" and "Pages" and other stuff to change color... I dunno.

Anyways, might work on that more later.
I could get this all right if I had my computer...
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Sheexy wrote:I took the liberty of changing the default forum skin to a new one I made. Don't like it? Live with it... nah, I'm kidding, you can change it back to whatever you had in your user profile.

Anyways, I got bored so I made this Sword of Mana field themed skin for the boards. Won't hurt my feelings at all if you don't like it. I spent all of ten minutes making it.

Maybe it is too bright for your tastes, I like it cause it wakes me up. Anyways, I'm going to randomly add in new skins to the board that have Mana themes to them. I'm gonna try to fill it up with tons of different themed stuff. Snowfields, deserts, jungles and whatever else I can work out.

Also, if you've got tiles I am kinda desperate for them.
Let me know what you guys think, and give me some ideas of what you would like to see!

Hope y'all enjoy it!
I've had mine different since I registered so I didn't noticed.
Tallon
Kimono Bird

Post by Tallon »

I actually really like the SwoM skin. It looks great Sheexy. As does the SD3 skin. Cudos to you sir.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Enslaven00bs wrote:I've had mine different since I registered so I didn't noticed.
Yeah, I realized too late that the admin controls couldn't mass change what people were using. Oh well I tried. :P

Anyways, these things are pretty easy to make, maybe I'll edit something into a template so some of y'all could make them if you wanted.

Lots of people use the white focused skins here... I really want to make a snowfield skin...
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Sheexy wrote:
Enslaven00bs wrote:I've had mine different since I registered so I didn't noticed.
Yeah, I realized too late that the admin controls couldn't mass change what people were using. Oh well I tried. :P

Anyways, these things are pretty easy to make, maybe I'll edit something into a template so some of y'all could make them if you wanted.

Lots of people use the white focused skins here... I really want to make a snowfield skin...
There's an admin plugin that lets you change everyones style and default language.

You can get it here

BTW the styles are amazing.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I'm liking the SD3 style more, and the icons are looking really good. M only gripe with them I think is the board colours being just a tad to bright. But coming along nicely.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Ah, nice SD3 skin! I also prefer this one more then the SwoM one. It was too bright, but this isn't as much. Nice work once again!
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

the swom skin looks nice :D me like it, me using it