Stopping by to say hi and catch up

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Stopping by to say hi and catch up

Post by manaman »

Hello everyone,

It's been a while, hasn't it? Despite my best efforts, I sort of fell off the face of the earth 'round these parts. Anyway, things are going well on my end. My retro gaming collection has grown considerably and I am nearing completion of my A list which includes all the games and systems I actually remember playing as a kid whether rented, at friends' houses or at demo kiosks.

My wife and I are also getting more and more done in our home. Our new office is nearing completion with an awesome wrap around desk that has plenty of space for working as well as playing. As I have a couple friends abroad, I've been connecting with them through Steam although I confess my computer is nothing fancy and it barely runs some of the games we play with all the settings cranked to their lowest.

As always, the Mana and Zelda series are the two that keep me most excited and while there have been some great things on the Zelda front and more coming, I'm both excited and disappointed on the Mana side of things. Rise of Mana sounds great and has an amazing soundtrack but it is so sad that we haven't heard anything about it making its way out west. Heck! I'd even consider buying a Vita if that's what it would launch on over here. Though I suspect it would make more sense for it to be released on iOS.

Speaking of iOS, it seems that what began as an exciting world for gaming and one that I championed has fizzled a bit. Hopefully it can ignite again but this whole free to play and pay to unlock nonsense really has soured me. There are the odd handfuls of games coming out that are genuinely good with a no frills, pay once pay scheme but seeing some of the shortcomings of the platform in the long run has me a little more gun shy. Still, MFi controllers are getting better and more big companies are getting into the market. Even Nintendo is moving in that direction!

The Wii U and 3DS, however, are AWESOME and I've been really enjoying playing on them. My handle is artofmana so maybe I'll see you online. I'm pretty active on Miiverse.

Well, anyway, I'll try to poke around here for a while and catch up with everyone. Who knows? Maybe I'll stick around or maybe I'll disappear before returning months later! Ha ha!

Take care everyone,

manaman
Kefka
Whimper

Re: Stopping by to say hi and catch up

Post by Kefka »

Good to hear things are not just okay, but really good.

Keep it up!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Thanks, Kefka! Yes, it has been really good. But just so you don't think all is roses over here, just this week I got shingles and our furnace gave out. So, I'll be trudging through that for a little while.

Anyway, how are you? Good things going on, I hope?
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Whoa! Man... Manaman. Welcome back! What have you been playing on the Wii U?
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Ha ha! Thanks! Let's see, today I was playing the Splatoon demo. I've been playing a lot of Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors most recently. I've got a ton of games between the eShop and physical releases, so I have been pretty much playing plain LOTS!

Physical games:
Spoiler: show
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
Bayonetta 2
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
DuckTales Remastered
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Hyrule Warriors
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympics
Mario Kart 8
Mario Party 10
New Super Luigi U
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
Sonic Lost World
Super Mario 3D World
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Wii Party U
The Wonderful 101
eShop games:
Not cataloged but feel free to check me out on the Miiverse and add me as a friend (just put in your message who you are on here). I'm artofmana over there.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

DeadWolfSA Is my handle. I'm always down for some Smash.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey all, you probably noticed that I changed my avatar. Crazy, I know. I was the boy for so long! Now I'm a little less anonymous. ;)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey, manaman,

We talked like one time on Steam a long time ago, and never since then! Sorry about that, school's got me crazy busy all the time. I also never got back to you about that card scanning stuff!

Sounds like things are going nice, good to hear! I definitely didn't recognize your avatar at first, haha.

I should add you guys on my Wii U, never on enough though. I've got kart and smash though, always fun.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I know! Ah well, I totally understand. We'll have to catch up soon. But totally add me on Wii U. artofmana and all that. What do you think of the avatar? Should I stick with it or go back to the sprite of the boy?...
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I think the new avatar is more personable for sure. We've all been the boy before, but you're not just a playable character yeah?

Is that a bit too deep? Haha