HTML in signatures

Help out with the site! Suggestions and ideas go here.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I forgot I ran into this once before and meant to ask and I ran into the hurdle just a few minutes ago as well. Exactly what is Seikens policy on HTML in signatures? You don't have it active for security reasons? Just curious mostly. It's certainly not a big deal.
Last edited by Tsurayu on Tue May 13, 2008 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

if HTML were to be activated people might add javascripts that leads to harmful viruses. But i dunno if punbb has limited which html can be used. so i cant tell you what other harmful ways to add viruses.

i dont even know if punbb can have html in signatures
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Oh yeah I didn't even think about PunBB's policy on HTML. Oh well, can't blame them or yourselves for a decision like that. I just wanted to add my 360 Gamertag to my sig. Haha XD
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Ah,

This is good to know. Thanks for asking, Tsurayu!

Peace,

manaman
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

You could still add the gamertag picture, ne?
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Kimiko wrote:You could still add the gamertag picture, ne?
Yes, but it wouldn't update the Gamerscore and reputation level automatically. You'd have to do that manually and it would just be more of a pain than it is worth.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Hmmm, I would have thought that you could have it update automatically using the [ img ] tag, same way as the Last-FM stuff. But maybe I'm wrong. Never used Gamerscore, and don't even know what it is. xD
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Kassidy wrote:Hmmm, I would have thought that you could have it update automatically using the [ img ] tag, same way as the Last-FM stuff. But maybe I'm wrong. Never used Gamerscore, and don't even know what it is. xD
Yeah I thought about that last night, but I'm not sure if that would work or not. I might have to try it in a bit. Your Gamerscore is your points based on how many achievements you've unlocked on any of your 360 games and your Gamecard lists those points along with your online reputation.
Last edited by Tsurayu on Thu May 15, 2008 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

You can use html in signatures and still have it secure. Just strip out script, style, and meta tags. Pretty much anything that you think could be a possible XSS vulnerability have it stripped and let the rest stay.