Big news: Seiken Densetsu 3 for Switch

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

manaman
Spikey Tiger

Big news: Seiken Densetsu 3 for Switch

Post by manaman »

Hey, it seems like a dream of ours might be coming through. Check out the link below for all the information I know.

http://nintendowire.com/news/2017/03/20 ... h-release/

I think this is very likely to happen. And the Nintendo Switch is region free meaning we should have no problem even if this doesn't come to the west.

I have been really enjoying the Switch and has have even been streaming Zelda on Twitch. I think it would be a perfect platform to see this series be revived on and if we see nothing more than a re-release of this great game, I would be content.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Re: Big news: Seiken Densetsu 3 for Switch

Post by manaman »

I'm really excited by this news. I think the series could thrive on the Switch should they decide to continue it or simply release the past games on the Virtual Console. To be honest, I half wonder if Nintendo would consider the online play like they hinted with the new online service. If you don't know, they talked about releasing old retro titles one a month with additional online features as part of their online subscription service. Multiplayer? Sweet! But the issue of translation is a thorny one. Only unofficial ones exist so far. If this only comes to the Japanese market, I'd still get it thanks to the Switch being region free but I'd still need my repro cart with the fan translation for a more ... understandable experience. I'm hyped either way! This was unexpected but super cool news tonight! This is a good game. Probably my second favorite in the series.
Zerrin
Lullabud

Post by Zerrin »

Excellent news! But now that the Seiken Densetsu Collection has been confirmed, I'm most excited about the prospect of SD3 getting an proper English "X of Mana" title by way of a localisation. My guess is that it'll relate to Heroes somehow.

And typing of Heroes, where are its, Children's and Sword's ports to the Wii U Virtual Console!?

EDIT: Gorgeous box art get!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

No kidding, Zerrin! That artwork is incredible! I love how all the characters look next to each other.

So, in terms of wishes, I'd like to see the updated mobile ports of these three games also included (and that includes Adventures of Mana). Imagine being able to "Switch" between them on the fly? That would make so much sense for the platform that they are being released on.

Of course, there is no evidence of that yet. It appears to be only the originals (and maybe some choppy frame-rates?). We also don't know if there will be a western release. I'm inclined to wonder about that since there isn't an official English translation of the third game. Thankfully the Switch is region free. I'd pick this game up if only for the box!
Zerrin
Lullabud

Post by Zerrin »

I think the simplest solution regarding a localised title for SD3 would be Heroes of Mana 2, since it is a direct sequel. The only complication would be the connotation that it would be another real-time strategy game.