Secret of Mana glitch - The hero is missing!

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

AnnaSartin
Blat

Post by AnnaSartin »

>>>Level the Sprite's Luna magic up really high and just absorb all the MP from the Dark Lich. Then you can just sit off to the side and take pot shots at him.

New mission, level up Luna....

>>>Remember to take as many Faery wallnuts as possable also.

Which would be... 4. Yep, always keep healing items well stocked. Always found it strange tat we could never have mre than 4...
AnnaSartin
Blat

Post by AnnaSartin »

I WON THE GAME!!!!!!!!! :heart:

Fighting the Mana Beast was not hard at all, while you can NOT cast your Mana magic on either the girl or the sprite either one of them can do 999 damage with a level 8 weapon and a bit of Luna's Lunar Boost and Moon Energy. The Gnome's Defender also helped. Both characters were level 75.

And big news for interested people keeping up with this thread, the ending is NOT the same! The hero is in NONE of the missing scenes! The girl tours the world alone, and the scenes involving just the hero (seeing Luka, putting the sword back and seeing his people from Potos) are SKIPPED entirely. The scene with the hero and the girl's father is also changed, she's standing around nodding and shaking her head but neither her father nor the hero are there. This leads me to believe that at some point the people making the game planned an alternate ending before abandoning the idea of polishing it up and making it available. In two scenes the girl runs into a building and all you can see are her feet. (got pictures of one of those) Wish I has a flat screen, I'd do it again and record it with my camera. This has been an amazing run!!!!
Last edited by AnnaSartin on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

And all you had to do to get rid of the boy was to get him frozen? I wonder what the earliest time is you can do this.
AnnaSartin
Blat

Post by AnnaSartin »

Someone told me that they lost the sprite once in the ice palace. I don't think you can lose the person you are directly controlling, but I could be wrong.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Thanks for the update on this, I'll get that on to our mainpage soon as I can.

From what I've been able to test you indeed can't lose a character currently in control, but you can lose up to two characters (I have achieved this, though not by freezing).

What would be curious would be an ending with only Popoie then...
AnnaSartin
Blat

Post by AnnaSartin »

Kassidy wrote:Thanks for the update on this, I'll get that on to our mainpage soon as I can.

From what I've been able to test you indeed can't lose a character currently in control, but you can lose up to two characters (I have achieved this, though not by freezing).

What would be curious would be an ending with only Popoie then...
Yeah, or with the girl missing instead. I've just add all the pics I took to my page. Got them fighting Thanatos and the Mana Beast, as well as pics from the hero-less ending. Sorry they aren't better quality, but I did the best I could under the circumstances. ^_^;;;;
Etsura
Kid Goblin

Post by Etsura »

Hmm... Something similiar happened to me once in SD3. I was flying around with Flammie and quicksaved in midair. Then I started a new game with Lise just to watch the beginning scene. After the credits had rolled I loaded my real game and after landing I noticed that my whole party was gone. I only had Lise with level 1 but I still had all my stuff. Luckily I had an older save left.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Anna,

Thank you so much for keeping us abreast of this! It's awesome!

You learn something every day,

manaman
AnnaSartin
Blat

Post by AnnaSartin »

manaman wrote:Anna,

Thank you so much for keeping us abreast of this! It's awesome!

You learn something every day,

manaman
That's true! Even in games you thought you knew EVERYTHING about, apparently!:D
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

most definently. I wanna see if this can happed in SD3.......
AnnaSartin
Blat

Post by AnnaSartin »

Anise wrote:most definently. I wanna see if this can happed in SD3.......
I just wish I could PLAY SD3... =( T_T
AnnaSartin
Blat

Post by AnnaSartin »

Anise wrote:Well you can buy the game for your snes.... then its leagl to download the english rom :D LOOPHOLES~!:-P
What's a rom? Do you attach it to the SNES?
AnnaSartin
Blat

Post by AnnaSartin »

Anise wrote:no. Its a computer program you can download from the internet and play on an emanulator program. Its illigal unless if you own the game and platform.
Like: If you own the snes you can legally download Zsnes program.
If you buy SD3 you can legally download SD3 ROM with english translation or japanse or whatever X3
Oh, I see. How do you attach the controller? Or is there a special controller that you buy?
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Leave the discussion of roms out of this. It's in the rules Anise. XD

Besides that rule doesn't hold up in the court of law. The whole legality of roms is up for debate and full of loopholes. If Nintendo or Square Enix wanted to get people for it they could quite easily regardless of what the circumstances are.
Last edited by Tsurayu on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

AnnaSartin wrote:[Oh, I see. How do you attach the controller? Or is there a special controller that you buy?
No you would use your keys on the keybored. ah apparently were no tupose to talk about roms on this site. I thought wewere just supose to not link them. ^-^; hey, PM me and I'll tell you how you use the controller by e-mail okay?

and please delete th comment with the qoute so neither of us get in trouble.
tsurayu wrote:Leave the discussion of roms out of this. It's in the rules Anise. XD

Besides that rule doesn't hold up in the court of law. The whole legality of roms is up for debate and full of loopholes. If Nintendo or Square Enix wanted to get people for it they could quite easily regardless of what the circumstances are.
true....... true.... Im sorry for rambling like an idiot and breaking the rules. I honestly thought we were just supose to not link them! I deleted the comments that had to deal with roms :3
ah im gtting every body mad am I? This is bad for my first forum! T_T I'll try harder not to break the rules.