How do you justify creativity in a world without free will?

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

kamronwhite
Rabite

How do you justify creativity in a world without free will?

Post by kamronwhite »

I mean, if there's no free will in the world, how creativity is possible? Is creativity also predefined, and we have no will upon what we create.
Kefka
Whimper

Re: How do you justify creativity in a world without free wi

Post by Kefka »

i need to drink more to make a very, very good reply to this post. :-)
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

But I thought you already did Kyatto?

As an answer for you Kamron, If there was no free will in the world, creativity wouldn't exist in the world but rather elsewhere, such as on our moon.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

well... there is a free will. But our world is built on more things then free will. You may notice that you're not talking about the ability of not having a free will, but you actually have other human abilities in you which you value like responsibility, your conscience and love.

You have a free will, but sometimes it is better not to say what is on your mind, not to hurt your other feelings like responsibility or love.

I think we humans are very creative. Creative with a brush, with a piece of paper and our thoughts. Creative with friends, love and technology. All these things have been created with the ability of free will.

Freedom of speech and freedom of will is a way other thing than being free of will.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

The question of free will existing or not in the first place would not arise in a world without it. All argument from that defining fact forward are rendered rather pointless IYSWIM.