3d Printed Rabite Model

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Lotus
Grave Bat

3d Printed Rabite Model

Post by Lotus »

I had a Rabite digitally sculpted and printed in 3d for use with the Super Dungeon Explore board game, I will also be having Mushbooms and Goblins done as well, just thought you guys may be interested.

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: 3d Printed Rabite Model

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey Lotus, good too see you around again, hope things have been going well for you.

That's a sweet looking Rabite, it's got a ton of character to it. What's the size?

Also, that's gotta be the best 3D printed item I've seen, all the others I've seen look all blocky and terrible, do you have access to a really nice printer? How much did it cost to make that?

Looks really cool man. :)
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

The squares are about 30mm. The figure is around 25mm wide, just shy of that tall.

The print itself was $30 or so shipped. It was printed at Shapeways with their Ultra Detail plastic, prints at 0.3 mm.

As an interest the Super Dungeon Explore board game is lots of fun, I painted my figure set to match SD3 for the most part. Gonna do as many monsters from the series as money will allow. I'm even considering trying to get Wanderer from CoM sculpted and cast as well, but not sure how I'd have to alter his proportions.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I think I've heard about that board game before, but I've never really looked into it. I've always wanted to get into some kind of miniature thing like that before but I don't have the time or money for it.

A while ago I was planning on making some Rabites and other SD monsters out of clay and making resin molds of them and trying to make a ton, but I've just not had time.

For being so small those things have great detail. Did you sculpt the Rabite or did someone else do it? I love the way it looks, so much character to it.

Can't wait to see what else you end up with.
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

I had it sculpted for me by a pro. He didn't charge me much this time as he was experimenting a bit with 3d printing with it. I am going to have it molded and cast, but haven't gotten there yet. Depending on how things go with the other monster, I may do more as time/money allow.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

This is seriously so cool! I now want to look up everything I can find about this game and see if it's something my wife and friends might be into. Then I want to make rabite characters!
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Sorry about the ridiculous delay, I have piles of these cast up, if anyone wants some they are $4 each, they will need cleaned up and painted though, most of them have some casting defects as this was my first try at this. I don't generally take commission paint jobs and such, but there are companies who do this professionally for those who are not inclined.