Mana Siggy Bars

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

We need some Mana siggy bars, and Photoshop guys out there?
I would make one, but well, I suck.
Maybe something with a Rabite, Flammie, or some of the various characters or monster.

I think it would be cool, then we could link them back to these forums.

Later,
Lotus
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I'll have a bash at it later today maybe. Meanwhile, if people can put forward artwork to include in said banners, and texts for them, that'd be helpful. (ie. Seiken Densetsu Fan)

BTW, I'm thinking along the lines of the ones that I'm currently using, I take it that's what you were referring to.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I have photoshop, but I didn't use it for a long time and I also forgot what versions I have of it. I'll see what I can do for you. Good luck!
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

I've got Photoshop, but I can't effectively make banners the size that Kassidy's are, and I personally prefer that to, well, my junk, as far as banners go. I mean, my most recent avvie's not so bad, I don't think, but it looks kinda funky on flat-screens.

My Photoshop is Photoshop 6... I'm trying to upgrade to 7 at the moment. And yeah, I've got a tablet. It's a piddly Intuous though, not one of those nice huge ones. I'd rather like to have a tablet PC actually, but... I've heard mixed reviews.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I was going to make a few a while back, but I never got around to it. I've got Photoshop CS2 or whatever, I'll take a crack at a few later.

Those little bar things are really awesome looking, best looking sigs I've ever seen. They don't take up a ton of room like most.

There should be an old Geocities site out there somewhere that I loaded upwards at 20 different Seiken Densetsu banners onto... but they were all pretty cruddy, that would have been around four years ago or more.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Right, I dug out my template and threw this one together quickly. Not brilliant, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling. The image size is 350x20, using a 1px border with Redensek as the font at 13px, and I'm using GIMP.

Note: The board is putting an added border round the image, so it doesn't look quite right... :(
Last edited by Kassidy on Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

oh, those kinds of bars. if that helps to advertise seikens to other sites i might consider to make one :P
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Need to start thinking up slogans...

"Seikens: Why yes, we are made of awesome!"

Oh dear, I'm making myself laugh. Bad Kass, bad.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

"Seikens: So good it pwns itself."

How's that? A little moddy gave me the idea for it.
;) @ Sheexy.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Not bad, I think I'll add that one in there. I'm tempted to try my hand at a bit of animation while I'm at it. We'll see.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

The J Person wrote:"Seikens: So good it pwns itself."

How's that? A little moddy gave me the idea for it.
;) @ Sheexy.
A little moddy? I flippin' paid for the site! :P
How about "Seikens: You break it, you buy it"

Hahahaha, I like it! Kassidy, mind making that one for me? Hahaha.

That's a really sweet looking bar man!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

The Flammie bar, but saying "Seikens: You break it, you buy it" ?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Aye, or maybe something else if that'll work better. But I really like that Flammie bar, it is very very cool.
How'd you do the gloss effect on that thing? I'm an imaging n00b.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Draw a large, white elipse so that it covers the bar in more or less that way (so the huge majority of it is off the canvas), set it to the layer second from top (the top one is the border), then reduce the opacity to about 25%.

I shall get on to it now.

I did a version with stripes originally, but I wasn't sure if it was too overkill or not. But see what you think. Also had to double up the shadow as the text bled over on to the wing.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

The black lines across Flammie look a bit odd, I like them in the blue part though.

Also, look, I made one!

Anyone from the old board should remember the little "Seikens Original" cookie banner things I made for all of the people who have been at Seikens since forever, so I decided to make a good looking one!

Love you long time!