On the horizon

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Khyron
Iffish

On the horizon

Post by Khyron »

Since we would likely be waiting a while for Circle of Mana (or any other Mana title for that matter) I'm wondering what games/systems you're looking forward to picking up.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Re: On the horizon

Post by Kimiko »

Phantasy Star Online 2 and Class Of Heroes 2 will be the games I buy a Vita for. Etrian Odyssey IV will be the game I buy a 3DS for. I'm also lookin forward to Steam coming to Linux as there are a lot of games there that I haven't been able to play.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Kimiko wrote:Phantasy Star Online 2 and Class Of Heroes 2 will be the games I buy a Vita for. Etrian Odyssey IV will be the game I buy a 3DS for. I'm also lookin forward to Steam coming to Linux as there are a lot of games there that I haven't been able to play.
Very glad PSO is back! Hope it fairs better than PSU.
I would have told you Halo 4 is the game to get this year but after the letdown that was 3 and ODST, I'll wait until Game Stop has them on sale for $7.95.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Augh. I just saw that Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is also coming this Fall.. *goes to look up prices of Vitas*
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I really want to get a Wii-U when it comes out. NintendoLand seems neat, and I absolutely must play Pikmin 3 when it comes out. It's one of my favorite series.

Other than that, I'm kinda interested in the Adventure Time game that should be coming out on 3DS. I'd also love for Animal Crossing on 3DS to hurry up and release cause that series is good times all around.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Sheexy wrote:I really want to get a Wii-U when it comes out. NintendoLand seems neat, and I absolutely must play Pikmin 3 when it comes out. It's one of my favorite series.

Other than that, I'm kinda interested in the Adventure Time game that should be coming out on 3DS. I'd also love for Animal Crossing on 3DS to hurry up and release cause that series is good times all around.

Sheexy, Considering the only next-gen system I'm likely to have is the 3DS I better be stoked about their titles or it's SNK Baseball Stars for me. Talk to me about Animal Crossing. I've never played anything in the series before but I understand a lot of people are really into it.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I'm waiting for Beamdog to release Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. I preordered it eons ago and the date keeps getting pushed back.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Khyron wrote:
Sheexy wrote:Sheexy, Talk to me about Animal Crossing.
Animal Crossing is interesting. Maybe it's purely nostalgia that has me wanting the new one, but there is something relaxing to me about a game I can open up whenever and have a little mini second life going for myself. It's a game you only really need to sink around 20-30 minutes a day into at most, but you could play it for hours if you're easy to distract.

You have a village full of animals, new ones move in, old ones move out. They've got rudimentary personalities, nothing deep and no real conversations to be had, but it's kinda fun. You decorate a house and pay for upgrades to make it bigger. All sorts of furniture and stuff, you can even gift items to your animal neighbors and they'll put the things in their house. There are holidays and stuff, the entire game is real time. 3AM for you is 3AM for the game. Bugs and Fish change depending on the time of day and seasons, trying to catch all of them is fun.

It's a game filled with lots of little details that I just really enjoy. A good way to waste a little time each day (don't skip playing though or your favorite neighbor may move due to neglect, or your town might be overrun with weeds, after a while of playing it becomes more of a chore than a game... but it's still great fun).

That probably does a terrible job of summing it up, it's just really different from anything else.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Sheexy, Thanks again! My kids have played a couple of games like that before and it certainly sounds like something we could enjoy playing together. If you can get miniature horses maybe I could even get my wife to play O_O
Back in the day there was a game for the Sega Dreamcast called Sea Man which, if you've never played it, was a very, very odd variation on a farm simulation. You had to take care of this weird little fish man who was just as likely to insult you and die out of spite as he was to ask you how your day at the office was. The interface was a little clumbsy but the concept was brilliant and I had a lot of fun with it. Based upon your overview of the Animal Crossing series it sounds like a much more family-friendly simulation that's worth looking into. Are there better titles in the series than others or do they more or less play/feel the same?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Khyron wrote:If you can get miniature horses maybe I could even get my wife to play O_O ... Are there better titles in the series than others or do they more or less play/feel the same?
Well your wife can have neighbors that are horses, maybe that will work? Haha.

Honestly I've only played the Gamecube and DS version of the game. They're basically the same, the DS version has a bit more things or something, I'm not sure. They're just slightly different.

I've never played the Wii one, I've heard mixed things about it, but they're all probably pretty good.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Sheexy wrote:
Khyron wrote:If you can get miniature horses maybe I could even get my wife to play O_O ... Are there better titles in the series than others or do they more or less play/feel the same?
Well your wife can have neighbors that are horses, maybe that will work? Haha.

Honestly I've only played the Gamecube and DS version of the game. They're basically the same, the DS version has a bit more things or something, I'm not sure. They're just slightly different.

I've never played the Wii one, I've heard mixed things about it, but they're all probably pretty good.
Sheexy, Thank you for the recommendations! I just read that Seaman is being re-released for the 3DS so I'll look forward to giving that another go.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I'm actually quite busy going through my backlog. (The game list found in my signature needs to be updated, too!) Nevertheless, I'm very excited about the Wii U. I'm also really excited about the 3DS XL which I would like to get. Rayman looks great on Wii U as does Mario, Nintendo Land and others too, but I can't remember off the top of my head.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

manaman wrote:I'm actually quite busy going through my backlog. (The game list found in my signature needs to be updated, too!) Nevertheless, I'm very excited about the Wii U. I'm also really excited about the 3DS XL which I would like to get. Rayman looks great on Wii U as does Mario, Nintendo Land and others too, but I can't remember off the top of my head.
I played a demo of the new Rayman game (my first experience with the franchise, actually) at our local Target. My whole family was there and we all thought it was great.

The 3DS XL = :D I'm currently playing through Halo: Reach but I think my next game will be Chrono Trigger on the new XL. I know, I could just hook up the PS2 and play the FF Anthology version but I really like the portability of the 3DS.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey Khyron,

Yes, I've played the original Rayman before and my wife likes Rabbids. If you have an iOS (or I believe Android) device, you can pick up Rayman's Jungle Run which is very fun and well made.

Peace,

manaman
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Wii-U comes out so soon, and I dunno if I'll be able to get one (or if I'll have time to play it if I do!).

Heard some mixed things about Paper Mario Sticker Star. Kind of want to try the game out.

Been playing Kid Icarus on 3DS a lot lately. Wasn't expecting the game to last as long as it is, not entirely sure what to make of the game but I guess I'm having a good time if I'm playing it this often.
Sometimes Pit moves like a moron when I don't want him to though, land battle controls still give me trouble.