Mana fangame projects

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Xenith
Rabite

Post by Xenith »

I'm workiin' on some fan games
I'd like peole to help out
i'm currently ripping all the graphics
and i'm also working on a 3d secret of mana for fun. i'll post some screens if people show more interest.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I worked on a few fangames a few years ago, I just tried to do little arcade style things.
I might have tons of Secret of Mana sprites still on my old computer, I'll have to check for them later, but I know I had quite a few.
Any Seiken Densetsu project is awesome, we'd love to see what you've got!
Makubesu
Blat

Post by Makubesu »

Can you give us some more details? Are they arcade style games? Are they done in flash or java to play through a browser, or are they full fledged pc games?
Xenith
Rabite

Post by Xenith »

well, they're being done in mark overmars' game maker.
as of now there really isn't anything. mostly i'm just ripping from SoM and recreating the areas in GM, I also posted in the old forum that I would be making this editable for anyone who wants to make a SoM fangame. including all the sprites tiles and sounds.

a screen of the 3d one, not much going on there really. nothing new done with the other ones, but you guys can help out if you want.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

That's looking pretty cool there. I look forward to seeing more on this.
Xenith
Rabite

Post by Xenith »

game maker is pretty slow with the 3d, and even though i'm using 2d sprites for the characters, i have this feeling it'll slow the game down.
Genko
Mushboom

Post by Genko »

For the 3D I would suggest adding a small something to do, like a single quest, or design a 5-10 min story, just something to do, and hand that out to various people so you can get some feed back as to how it ran on various machines.
Xenith
Rabite

Post by Xenith »

i'm sure some of you have heard of zfgc and oot2d anyways if you haven't just look it up. i want to have a community kind of working together to make this or make their own. It would be alot easier on me:) because I don't always have the time to turn on secret of mana for a few hours to rip some backgrounds, when if there were alot of other people it could be split into smaller portions. i'm not sure if I said this yet(i know i said it before the forum got revamped) i hvae so far ripped all the tiles from the beginning up to potos. And i'm not talking about screenshots of the town. I mean i screencapped it and then took the places apart 16x16 and took only the unique tiles. Really the only hard part was the water (which btw is animated and I also have)

[edit] look what i found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI21ty3C ... 0of%20mana

[edit2] found his blog, it's in spanish http://blog.panreyes.com/?p=127

so is anyone gonna want to help me? or is this forum just gonna stay barely alive like usual?:)
Last edited by Xenith on Mon May 29, 2006 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.