[SD3] Your Notes and Thoughts on Teams

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Zergrinch
Kid Goblin

Post by Zergrinch »

Honestly, I have yet to encounter any class of Carlie that sucks at healing >.>

Her Necromancer class has that excellent Black Curse spell, which puts all of Hawkeye and Lise's debuffs together in one neat package.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

yet it is relative to the play style of the player. try to combine Carlie with Angela and see how painful are their 'one hit kill'.
Zergrinch
Kid Goblin

Re: [SD3] Your Notes and Thoughts on Teams

Post by Zergrinch »

Well, my first ever SD3 game WAS Kevin, Carlie, and Angela.

That was before I learned of all the enemy counters to magic. Plus Kevin had pitiful defenses.

So yes, the God Beasts were no fun. I had no buffs or debuffs at all, though at least I have elemental sabers.

Buuuut since Kevin was the lead, and I went for a Bishop build for Carlie, the last dungeon was a cakewalk (Turn Undead spaaaam_ Even the last boss takes 999 damage from a 1 MP spell...
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

tough beginning, nice ending.
LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

My first playthrough was with Duran, Angela, and Hawkeye. For the time, I was quite satisfied with my team. Duran could wield shields and Heal Light worked wonders, Angela is simply a must-have for any Seiken Densetsu 3 team, and Hawkeye is just awesome.

My second playthrough, I heard that Hawkeye and Lise and had feelings for each other. I thought, why not put them in the same team, just for a cute little love story. So I went with Hawkeye, Lise, and Duran. Why I left out Angela, I have no idea. The team was decent for the most part, but it wasn't till I got to Pedda that I realized; Duran is quite a boring character to have on your team. I mean, you have his clichè story, his only magic is a healing spell, or his not-all-that-useful sabers if you chose a different class... No offense to the member Duran, of course.

I never did finish that playthrough, but I recently started my third one, which has a team consisting of Hawkeye, Angela, and Lise. This is just about right. Not having a healer isn't as bad as I thought, and Lise's buffs combined with Hawkeye's double-hitting makes him deal a ton of damage. Currently I have Hawkeye as a Ninja, Lise as a Valkyrie, and Angela as a Sorceress. It's a very effective team.
hawklise33
Ma Goblin

Post by hawklise33 »

first time my friend wanted me to try out this game, my team were, Duran, Angela, and Lise.
Duran-Gold Knight
Angela-Grand Divina
Lise-Fenrir Knight
Lyan
Rabite

Post by Lyan »

The strongest group I've played is:
Hawk (nightblade), Kevin (death hand) and Angela (magus)

Hawk and Kevin can hit high dmg and twice, so they can use their skills faster than other chars. Their magics are good too, Hawk can low enemies stats, which is very helpful.
Angela has powerful magics that hit all foes, and with a hi spirit, poto oils recover quite good amount of hp

As Hawk I've played with all classes and I prefer Nightblade
Zergrinch
Kid Goblin

Post by Zergrinch »

Nightblade Hawk (Deadly weapon takes 20% off the target's HP; his jitsus do stat downs) + Star Lancer Lise (multitarget status up spells) + Kevin. No stronger endgame combo - and if you limit yourself to level 1 specials, no enemy retaliation either.

Downside is you can't fight the Black Rabite with this team :(