[SD3] Your Notes and Thoughts on Teams

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I have a place in my heart for Hawkeye, but usually I have a combination of Duran, Riesz with some last character of my choosing. Lately the void has been filled with Angela. I haven't really based it on any strategic reasoning, but just based on who I like and what spells I want to use.

Almost always I have Duran as a Lord so I can multi-target Heal Light, he may not be the best healer, but I don't like carrying around someone like Carlie in a fierce battle and I'm not a huge fan of Kevin's Warrior Monk class. Riesz is a Star Lancer always, that seems to be the popular choice doesn't it? Angela on the other hand I switch at a whim with different playthroughs, but usually she's either an Arch Mage or a Rune Master.
Last edited by Tsurayu on Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jemmi
Mushboom

Post by Jemmi »

Huh. I've been wanting to try the Lord Duran, Star Lancer Lise, and Night Blade Hawkeye. it seems like it would be more focused on the combat than "Open the menu, cast a spell, wait, open the menu, cast a spell..." etc. until dead. All 3 of them are somewhat capable fighters, and Lise's buffs only help fix what they lack. I haven't really taken this idea all the way yet (in fact, I've never beaten it,) but I think it has potential with the patience to figure out a good strategy for the late bosses.
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

definetly Hawk/ Lize/ Angela.

im not into brawlers.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

IrishLuiz wrote:definetly Hawk/ Lize/ Angela.

im not into brawlers.
I've used that party before. That is pretty good except all the magic can get nerving if you are trying to have everyone cast something. XD
Jemmi
Mushboom

Post by Jemmi »

Hmm... Now the only question left is whether to lead with Lise or Hawkeye... Probably Hawkeye, because he's who I'll be actually playing as.
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

:) i'll be definitly playing with Hawkeye too. Lize is cool, but Hawk's double attack is the coolest.
Last edited by IrishLuiz on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Heh, I've just found out that holding the A button (the attack button) makes your controled character attack automaticaly. The best part about this is that he or she runs up to the closest enemy to attack. You can't run during a battle without this little trick.

I played with Lise too, but I usally don't because Hawkeye as a nightblade has the same status reducing spells like Lise that also deal damage + other good ones. And you can also purchase the scales that raise attributes from the black market for 22 lucres - a cheap deal! So I didn't really need her...

As for Angela, as a grand divina she get's double spell which deals massive damage for only 9 mp. Arch mage isn't worth it since she gets the same spells except for double spell which is replaced with rainbow that takes 10 mp to use. It deals the same damage as double spell but doesn't look as good and takes 1 mp more to use. Not to mention that Angela looks strange as a arch mage...

As a rune master, she gets to use third level elemental magic attacks that deal a nice amount of damage and also have good effects but as a magus she gets to use ancient which is the strongest magic in the game. Although she gets only the second level magic.

These are the classes which I think are the best in my opinion and which also match the characters the best:

Duran - paliden
Angela - grand divina
Hawkeye - nightblade
Lise - Star Lancer
Kevin - God hand
Carlie - Bishop

However, the otehr classes also have very nice spells and special attacks. Agh, why can't they get them all? Well, I guess out of all possible classes, these are my favorites.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Danny wrote:Duran - paliden
Angela - grand divina
Hawkeye - nightblade
Lise - Star Lancer
Kevin - God hand
Carlie - Bishop
I agree almost completely. Except I prefer Kevin as a Warrior Monk to any other class, and I like to switch Duran between Paladin and Lord (depending on if I need a healer in my party), and I don't really have a favorite class of Carlie because I dislike her so much I refuse to have her in a party. She's the only character I haven't taken to the end before. I simply refuse. XD

Oh and my opinion of Hawkeye changes like crazy. I don't think you can go wrong with any of his classes, unless you have a team that doesn't warrant a particular class. I think he's the only character, in my opinion, who doesn't have a sucky class.
Last edited by Tsurayu on Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ong_elvin
Rabite

Post by ong_elvin »

I actually went through this game 24 times in a row, over the course of two months early this year. I'd planned out to use every class three times across these games, and have each possible combination of characters at least once. I also calculated 48* unique base games out of 120 character permutations, but figured that having each class three times across half the possible base games would be enough variety. :P
* 60 of them are the 2nd/3rd character reversed, and the other 12 are when you pick two characters who use the same storyline.

Duran as Duelist, Riesz as a dark class, and Angela as Delvar.
Ancient spam helps wreak havoc on enemies (Faerie Walnuts are cheap). Duelist for the selection of Sabers and raw power. Stat downs are far more potent than Stat ups, so Riesz as one of her dark classes; helps especially against enemy fullscreen techs, more than a full complement of Stat ups to the entire party ever could. Two melee attackers, one spammy caster.

Carlie as Sage, Hawk as Nightblade, Riesz as Dragon Master
Sage mostly for the Saint Beam, but the Sabers are also helpful. Nightblade and Dragon Master most people I expect to say are at odds with each other, since both have Stat down spells. I can simultaneously cast two different stat downs on different enemies, and single target is enough for the purpose of nullifying threats ASAP. The elemental damage of the jutsus is an added bonus; against the arcane God Beasts I turn Hawk into a spell-caster offense. All three attack mostly with melee; first thing in any combat is to choose a Saber, and then nullify the dangerous threats with the appropriate Stat downs, then whack away. Some will probably wonder whether I suffered trauma as a child when I say this party had not that much trouble against Heath.
:hof: EDIT: I suppose having defeated him four times previously does help.

Duran as Duelist, Carlie as Bishop, Riesz as Valkyrie
My first party ever. I was trying to emulate the characters from SD2. Later I found out replacing Riesz with Angela as Grand Divina did a better job of that. =*) (I was going by character appearance first time through.) A pity that this time round, the offensive caster and the defensive caster are "swapped" around. :|
Last edited by ong_elvin on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

whoa! And i thought i was a fan of this game! :)
Shadowdim
Rabite

Post by Shadowdim »

Since I love playing girls in RPG, I tried a girl team...
Lise (Star Lancer)
Angela (Archmage)
Carlie (Necro)

That was kinda hard when beating magic-resistant monster/bosses, or against Bill&Ben (when you use magic to hit them, they use their DARK-JUTSU-OF-DEATH which can kill you in one shot.)
I got rid of the other bosses quite easily. (I didn't beat the whole game though. I never beat it, in fact. I'm at the Mana Island, can't find the last boss^-^;)

Then I tried another team:
Kevin (Monk)
Duran (Gladiator)
Hawk (Ninja)
(trying to find the first destructing god -__)
It's a Boss-Smashing team! Sometimes they can't even hit me.
But when it comes to healing, it's a bit harder :/
Also, I should level them a bit more, they're only lvl 28 :]
Gurtyel
Lullabud

Post by Gurtyel »

i have finished sd3 a couple of times already and the last one(2 days ago) it was with the lise/hawk/angela combination, with lise as a star lancer, hawk as ninja master and, angela as magus. and Oh My Gosh! i gotta tell u that this is a kick ass team against bosses. seriously, once y casted a couple of enhancement spells from lise and some ninja master jutsus, it was like so easy to kill those last area bosses, it was a matter of using ancient spell once in a while with angela and hitting as hard as possible with hawkeye while the ancient spell was being cast and a couple of poto oils here and there, and tada.... u have just killed the boss. it was so easy that it wasnt fun anymore(ok maybe im exaggerating here).

i think i could have been more efficcient with the nightblade over the ninja master in boss fights, u know, cause he deals more damage and u only need single target jutsus against those nasty bosses anyway.

the only huge problem with this team is that i had a really hard time in most of the game, for obvious reasons, but i it really was a very fun team, and once u strat to get the justsus and the stats ups things starts to get very insteresting...
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

*laments the apparent death of Gurtyel's keyboard's shift and period keys*
Gurtyel
Lullabud

Post by Gurtyel »

うはwwwwww, i guess im super lazy. And not very versed in the use of commas, periods and stuff like that. Wait a minute¡¡ now that i think about it, im almost an analphabetic person¡¡ thanx for pointing that out i was trying to hide that fact ;) XD
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

I usally do kevin/Hawkeye carlie or Hawkeye/Lise/Kevin