Anime Thread 2.0

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Is it my imagination, or have we not had an Anime thread here since November or so? What has everyone been watching lately?

For my part, my latest addictions have been:
-Death Note: Horror, Mystery. Excellent in so many ways. The story is intriguing and plays out quite like a very complex and long game of Chess, and the animation is nice and smooth. The second opening is INSANE!
-Saber Marionette J: Cutesy old anime, planet full of males, one of which discovers 3 "marionettes" that serve him and... well... fuss over him a lot. Light-hearted and fun.
-Ergo Proxy: Cover-up investigation mystery, only just started it. Not quite as gripping yet. And an interesting choice to have Radiohead for the Ending Sequence.
-Naruto Shippudden: This series is making me sad...
-Black Lagoon: Flat-out action. Nicely animated, good character development, enjoying it lots. Almost finished it.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

I havent been an active anime watcher in the past months. This year for that matter.
The only series I have been watchin now are the long time runners

Bleach - Shinigami goes Shikai, then Bankai. Then Hollow mode?

One Piece - Pirates of the Carrabian in anime format? Hell no, its way better than Pirates.
Elazul
BuzzBee

Post by Elazul »

I'am watching:

Romeo x Juliet: Yeah, the famous Shakespere's play, but this anime version is much better. Romeo and Juliet are very charismatic characters, their relationship is developing very well, and I hope that they don't die.

The world of this anime is a must see, with floating medieval cities and Pegasi flying over them.

The animation is top notch, same for the music.

El Cazador de la Bruja: Well, this anime have Yuki Kajiura working on music, and she is my favorite japanese composer, her music is a must see.
This anime is the third ''girls with guns'' anime produced by Bee Train studio. It is full of misteries and have good action scenes, and Ellis is so cute. :P

One Piece: It is a basic ''shounen'' anime like Naruto, Dragon Ball, Bleach, etc... But, it have pirates, fun scenes, and even some touching ones. The way that the main character fights is so... creative. :D
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Contrary to popular belief, I rarely watch Anime at all.
In fact, there are none I am keeping up with at the moment.

The only ones I've watched the whole way through are:

Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, FLCL, and Hellsing

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are two of my most favorite shows. They've got awesome stories and super cool music. Yay!
I watch reruns of them when I can.

I'm more of a cartoon guy myself XD
Futurama, Family Guy and such, and even stuff like Billy and Mandy XD
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I use to be really big into anime. I find myself less attracted to it now. My favorites were Hellsing, Rurouni Kenshin, and Naruto(Before the U.S. butchered it). Blue Gender was pretty cool for the episodes that it had.

Now I really don't watch anime let alone TV period.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Sheexy wrote:The only ones I've watched the whole way through are:

Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, FLCL, and Hellsing

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are two of my most favorite shows. They've got awesome stories and super cool music. Yay!
I watch reruns of them when I can.

I'm more of a cartoon guy myself XD
Futurama, Family Guy and such, and even stuff like Billy and Mandy XD
Wow!

Very similar! Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are two of my favorites. I am not familiar with FLCL and I couldn't quite get into Hellsing. I did enjoy Ai Yori Yoshi, though. I watched that one all the way through and I felt it was a good look at Japanese culture. I really got into anime through Nadia: Legend of Blue Water and Record of Lodoss War, though. Currently I'm not keeping up with any new shows. I'm watching reruns of Cowboy Bebop and some of the great anime movies (does that count for this thread or is it just shows? I could name some of the movies I enjoy and am watching).

Peace,

manaman

Edit: Oh, and I left the last bit of Sheexy's post in the quote to point out that I like cartoons as well and enjoy the ol' Family Guy and occasional Futurama. :)
Last edited by manaman on Sat May 26, 2007 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Densetsu no Alact?
Goblin

Post by Densetsu no Alact? »

Claymore - Girls with yoma power (demon power), who save human from yoma (demon) pretty interesting
Whc91us
Eye Spy

Post by Whc91us »

Full Metal Alchemist........my favorite anime of ALL time!!
some other good ones that ive saw are....Fruits Basket, Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha(even if some people despise it), Naruto, One Piece(i liked the manga better though), FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, annnnnnd alot of others....there arent that many anime's that i dont like actually..
Danny

Post by Danny »

Whc91us wrote:Full Metal Alchemist........my favorite anime of ALL time!!
Really, same here! I'm watching the Fullmetal Alchemist, Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny. Their the only animes that I like on t.v now. I can't say I have a lot to choose from since there's only five of them each Friday on Y-t.v (Rogers digital box-channel:25). I also like tons of others that are not on t.v any more like DB/Z, Gundam Wing, Ranma, Record of the Lodoss War and many others as well.:D

Most of these animes were translated and edited very poorly by Canada like in DBZ where they edited so much fighting and the voices and music that they put instead of the original Japanese ones also kind of sucked. Not to say that Canada can't translated good, but they may have been rushing since they tryed for make it for little kids even though it wasen't.

The Fullmetal alchemist, Gundam Seed and Gudam Seed Destiny were translated by the Texans and it's really awesome. There's also no accents like some people may have been thinking though. They also didn't change any original Japanese music which was great.

They put it on late on Friday nights only with lots of ads and the 'for older youth'... There's still some editing by Canada like when Shin said the F-word and the show went mute for that time, but very little so that's good at least. I'm looking forward to seeing more animes, but their don't seem to be that many anymore here. I've been thinking about moving to the U.S, back to Europe or Japan so I guess that I'll be seeing more.
Last edited by Danny on Sat May 26, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Er... I guess I'm not as talkative about this as I thought I'd be.
I haven't watched a blasted thing in months.

That will hopefully change now that my friends are speaking to each other again, heh.

Yup, an Anime mooch, I am. ^-^;
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I only watched FCLC because it is like, four episodes long or whatever XD
I watched Hellsing because some friends and I were having an anime party thing, so we just sat down and watched that entire series.

About Anime movies though,
Cowboy Bebop KOHD is one of my favorites. (I've actually got a little thing to post for a Whatever Wednesday sometime where the movie uses some music that sounds EXACTLY like something from the Seiken Densetsu series... more on that later ;) )

Read or Die the movie was pretty cool, I liked that a lot. I saw a few episodes of the series of ROD, and I didn't care for it.

The main problem I have is finding an anime that I'd actually want to sit down and watch, most of them are so long. (Look at the ones I have watched, all like 4-26 episodes XD)

Probably the reasons I watch cartoons more XD
Continuity doesn't matter XD
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Anyone ever watch Fate/Stay Night? I would say that's the most recent anime I've watched.
Whc91us
Eye Spy

Post by Whc91us »

waiiiit, dude i loved ROD the movie, i had no idea there was a series XD
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Whc91us wrote:waiiiit, dude i loved ROD the movie, i had no idea there was a series XD
Yeah, there is a TV series of it.
It involves three of Paper's sisters or something, and they each have different powers or something.

I didn't find it very interesting and I thought the voice acting was pretty terrible.

I think Duran has watched a lot of it though, he could probably give you a better rundown, I only saw parts of like three episodes.
Elazul
BuzzBee

Post by Elazul »

Enslaven00bs wrote:Anyone ever watch Fate/Stay Night? I would say that's the most recent anime I've watched.
I've watched it. A very good anime. The main character, Emiya Shirou was a bit annoying in the beginning, but in the end he become a likable character. I loved his words in the final episode. =(