Post by Duran »

Currently:

- Melty Blood Actress Again

I FREAKING HATE BOSS RUSH!!! DX
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

The Beatles: Rock Band!

The game is seriously awesome. It takes the good things about this category of games and gives me songs I actually know and care about rather than a hodgepodge collection of hit-or-miss "classics" like the other GH or RB games. And the three-part harmonies are rockin'!

Played it hooked up to a stereo system and projected on the whole wall of a living room at a friends'.

By the way, I highly suggest the Limited Edition if you don't have the controllers from a previous game. They're beautiful instruments and feel great compared to other controllers I've used.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

manaman wrote:The Beatles: Rock Band!

The game is seriously awesome. It takes the good things about this category of games and gives me songs I actually know and care about rather than a hodgepodge collection of hit-or-miss "classics" like the other GH or RB games. And the three-part harmonies are rockin'!

Played it hooked up to a stereo system and projected on the whole wall of a living room at a friends'.

By the way, I highly suggest the Limited Edition if you don't have the controllers from a previous game. They're beautiful instruments and feel great compared to other controllers I've used.
I want to get that game but I don't have $250 (or $350 if i decide to get the wii version) to throw away on it. If I get it I may just get the guitar bundle or wait for the price to drop.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

DeadWolf wrote:I want to get that game but I don't have $250 (or $350 if i decide to get the wii version) to throw away on it. If I get it I may just get the guitar bundle or wait for the price to drop.
The Wii release is the same exact price with the same exact controllers as the other consoles' releases. I'm not sure where you got the higher figure. . . . Perhaps a different bundle?

On a side note, I've compared the games on the different systems and it seems to me that the only difference is the HD. Everything else is identical so if you're not playing on an HD screen or if you simply don't mind that you see a few jagged edges when blown up, there's no reason not to get the release on the console you own or prefer.

Also, there are economy bundles with older instruments that are more in the 100 to 200 dollar range. You may look into that.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

manaman wrote:
DeadWolf wrote:I want to get that game but I don't have $250 (or $350 if i decide to get the wii version) to throw away on it. If I get it I may just get the guitar bundle or wait for the price to drop.
The Wii release is the same exact price with the same exact controllers as the other consoles' releases. I'm not sure where you got the higher figure. . . . Perhaps a different bundle?

On a side note, I've compared the games on the different systems and it seems to me that the only difference is the HD. Everything else is identical so if you're not playing on an HD screen or if you simply don't mind that you see a few jagged edges when blown up, there's no reason not to get the release on the console you own or prefer.

Also, there are economy bundles with older instruments that are more in the 100 to 200 dollar range. You may look into that.
Apparently it's just Amazon.
Wii LE Beatles Rock Band
I don't have an HD TV so I don't care about that.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Meh, I was never a big Beatles fan...
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

That is weird, DeadWolf,

Every store in the area is selling it for $250. Oh, and something I just thought about but am not sure how it works is the online play. I'm thinking that you will only be able to play online with other people who have it for one system if you have that same system. I could be wrong, but if this is true, it's enough for me to suggest the Wii version since that's what most people have these days.

Peace,

manaman
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Yeah if I get it I'll get the Wii version.

Also is it just me or is the Wii version of Metroid Prime seem really easy? It seems like I'm breezing through parts I had trouble on in the gamecube version.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

DeadWolf wrote:Yeah if I get it I'll get the Wii version.

Also is it just me or is the Wii version of Metroid Prime seem really easy? It seems like I'm breezing through parts I had trouble on in the gamecube version.
I don't think it's that, I think the more you play Metroid Prime the more awesome you get, like at a really fast rate.
Cause I struggled like crazy through normal mode and then breezed through hardmode.

Been playing some more Spelunky today. Really want a good game to play but I don't have any systems here and I don't feel like getting any PC games.
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

Spelunky is epic.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Playing Bowser's Inside Story on the DS. This game is amazing fun, certainly the best Mario game I've played in a while. I just got through the (first?) giant segment, which was fantastic. Lovely use of the stylus and mic!

I can't wait to get further into this game after work.

And I love playing as Bowser, it's always a treat when he's playable.
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

I´ve just finished Kisuke´s story on Muramasa (it´s AWESOME!!)

and i´m also playing Mini Ninjas, it´s very nice, reminds me of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (one of my favorite series ever)
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

The Beatles: Rock Band is SO AWESOME! I've had some great times jamming with friends. You can hook up seven instruments all at once and play!
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

manaman wrote:You can hook up seven instruments all at once and play!
Seven?! What all do you hook up? And I imagine you share screen space with someone else doing the same instrument huh?
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Well I've pretty much been neglecting gaming in favor of watching anime and reading manga, but I'm still playing Chrono Trigger DS on the side and I plugged in my PS2 for old times sake and started playing some Atelier Iris 3.