Saturday Morning Cartoons

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

BlueGenomes
Tomato Man

Post by BlueGenomes »

The nostalgia never goes away for me.

This weekend I accidentally found DVD sets of the original Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon that used to air on Fox millions of years ago, as well as Super Friends (Which was the 70's precurser to Justice League). They were both used & cheap too!! I was incredibley happy over these finds.
http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Sonic- ... 610&sr=8-4
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Friends-Com ... 765&sr=8-4

a few months ago, I also bought the Super Mario World 3 DVD set.

So I'm on a kick now. I'd like to find DVD sets of stuff like Swat Kats, the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (don't diss, they rocked), Street Sharks, and other cartoons of the likes.

They had the Tick 1st season DVD at the store, but it was too expensive, so I passed :(

Is anyone else making a collection of these great gems of saturday morning cartoon history? If so, what have ya?
Last edited by BlueGenomes on Mon May 19, 2008 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Man...you had me going there for a second when I saw the link to the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon. I actually thought it was this one:
:hof: http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Hedgehog-Co ... gy_d_img_b

I didn't care for the "Adventures of..." series. The SatAM one was sweet though!

As for collections, all I have is the Legend of Zelda boxed set. Im currently looking for The Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Batman Beyond, and the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Im still waiting for them to release a DVD collection of Mighty Max. I loved that freaking show!
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Ooh, Swat Kats was cool, wasn't it? I watched that on Cartoon Network way back in '94/'95 or so.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Hm, that is pretty interesting. Though I wasn't much for the traditional cartoons growing up. I was a Power Rangers kid myself. ^_^
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Captain N: The Game Master. That series has REALLY aged...
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

When I was little... which was ages ago!! I used to watch Thundercats... I used to love that show... It was soooo good.

link: http://www.amazon.com/Thundercats-Compl ... 565&sr=1-5

But then... not to long ago it happens I got the urge to watch it again... BIG BIG BIG mistake.
It turns out it sucks... the animation, the story, the plot and everything. I just should have leave it as a memory :(
Because in my memory it was superb animation and story.. .and cool characters. ^^
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

Super Friends o/

Thundercats o/
ryoko126
Dark Knight

Post by ryoko126 »

Well, truth be known, I used to love the Legend of Zelda cartoons when I was a kid. True it came on, on Friday mornings, but still.

Oh and Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers. I still remember the very first day it aired. They showed all four episodes of the first story in sequence.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

ryoko126 wrote:Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers.
Oh yeah I forgot about that. I did watch those Disney cartoons. Chip and Dale, Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin and even Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears. XD
ryoko126
Dark Knight

Post by ryoko126 »

I loved most of those. Didn't see Disney Adventures though.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Heh,

I always watched The Disney Afternoon (Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears, Duck Tales, Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Tale Spin, Darkwing Duck and Goof Troop were my favorites) and then there were Captain N: The Game Master, The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (and the newer one) and, my personal favorite, Batman: The Animated Series.

I don't own any full DVD collections, but I have purchased cassette tapes with a couple episodes on each one. I have some The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! and Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. My friend recently purchased the full DVD set of Batman: The Animated Series and we're going to watch them all this summer.

Ah, I love it,

manaman
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Kimiko wrote:Ooh, Swat Kats was cool, wasn't it? I watched that on Cartoon Network way back in '94/'95 or so.
SWAT CATS!

I remember loving that show when I was little, but I watched it not too long ago and man it sucked. XD

I didn't get any good cartoons when I was little, but I sometimes managed to see various Mario and Sonic cartoons, those were fun.

Watched most of the stuff manaman mentioned after my grandma got Disney for us.
(tiny nowhere town, not many channels)
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

*sings*

Gummi Bears! Bouncin' here and there and everywhere!
High adventures that's beyond compare!
They are the Gummi Bears!

Okay I'm done. XD
ryoko126
Dark Knight

Post by ryoko126 »

*sings also* Duck Tales! Ooh Woo Woo!!
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

ah... so many memories ^^
I sorta forgot most of what I saw when I was little... but reading this thread... it all comes back to me :)
Thanks guys