Princess of Mana (No Love?)

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey all,

So, I've been very interested in this whole Princess of Mana shindig. I've searched this site and scoured online, but it still seems that there is NO new information on it. I've found a few Japanese sites talking about it but Google Translator works only so well. I have found the :hof: Amazon.co.jp site that lists Princess of Mana so it is for sale, but why then is there nothing on it elsewhere. Not even on the World of Mana site? Also, on our beloeved Seikens boards, we only have a nod towards it on the front page and a couple of wallpapers of it.

In an effort to get the ball rolling (come on, SquareEnix--follow suit), here's a "new" image that perhaps we'd be able to add to our collection in the gallery under a new Princess of Mana heading (shout out to Tomnet for his smaller pic in :hof: this post):

Otherwise, does anyone else know anything more about this? I'm aware that there was a Legend of Mana manga made. Does anyone know if there ever was anything else and if there is any tie in (artist/author) between the LoM and the PoM mangas?

Peace,

manaman

PS: It must be good--just listen to this satisfied Amazon user:
When (another saintly sword series being popular is) the game is done, world view from being recognized, it can enjoy, it is probably will be, but even then it was funny, is.
Translated thanks to Google Translator. . . . :D
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

The artist and painter is Yoshi Nosastuki, and people who have read the manga apparently aren't too impressed with his style (er 1/10...). Release was in March. LoM Manga's artist I believe was Shiro Amano.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey Kassidy,

Where did you find any reviews? Or were you reading the Japanese? What of the story?

Peace,

manaman
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I found some reviews in Japanese here and there. Shame I forgot to bookmark it, came across it searching for stuff. The story it didn't detail anymore than the fact we already know: 300 years after DoM/CoM arc. It also mentioned that the flow of the story wasn't good.
Tomnet
Chess Knight

Post by Tomnet »

Yep !
I've already spoken on that manga, and since now i've it in real :)
But nothing new to say (to my post)

If you hesitate, LoM is better than this. And don't hope to view PoM translated in english..
As Kassidy told, it doesen't very good, and not more estimated for japanese people. The only good point is just another "Seiken" manga not more.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Awww,

Sad, Tomnet. . . . You don't think that you could even share some of the details of the story with us sad non-Japanese speakers? . . .

Peace,

manaman
Tomnet
Chess Knight

Post by Tomnet »

Really I would, but I'm with you I don't read/speak Japanese
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

Sorry for the noob question, but where can i find the LoM manga ? in Seikens main page there´s no link to it
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Heh,

Yeah, wasn't someone working on fansub of it? I don't remember. Anyway, I'll second that one, Luiz.

Peace,

manaman
Demiforce
Chobin Hood

Post by Demiforce »

Well.. if the link is not expired, manga should be available somewhere HERE. It is 5 volumes long, but only 3 are translated to english. I'm currently working on 4 volume translation, but it is not going as fast as one would expect (I'm kinda busy person), so stay tuned. I will show some results of my work at the end of next month.

Peace,

Demiforce ;)
Last edited by Demiforce on Thu May 10, 2007 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Thanks Demiforce,

I made a comment on the thread you mentioned. Perhaps I could help out. I dunno. Let me know if you need me. I won't be hurt if you say no.

Peace,

manaman
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

Nice man! Thx for translating it.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Kassidy wrote:The artist and painter is Yoshi Nosastuki, and people who have read the manga apparently aren't too impressed with his style (er 1/10...). Release was in March. LoM Manga's artist I believe was Shiro Amano.
Actually, I think it's more like Yoshino Satsuki (never heard of a Nosatsuki before).

Interesting that the World of Mana site doesn't include comics of the Mana series, even if it's published by a Square-owned publisher (GanGan).
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Magus_Melchior wrote:Interesting that the World of Mana site doesn't include comics of the Mana series. . . .
Actually,

The World of Mana site does indeed mention Princess of Mana since it is part of the World of Mana series. However, if you mean any more information than that it exists and and a link towards GanGan, then you're right.

So, I have a friend who is learning Japanese. He and I were talking and we might try to work on a scanlation of this manga. The only thing is that he's unsure of his Japanese, so it might a) not happen or b) take a long time. Meh. Just thought I'd put that out there. In any event--of course Seikens gets dibs on the scanlation. ;)

Peace,

manaman
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Magus_Melchior wrote:Actually, I think it's more like Yoshino Satsuki (never heard of a Nosatsuki before).
Ah, that sounds much better. Didn't have the benefit of any separation on the page I was translating from, so just went pot luck on it. ;)