Anime Thread 2.0

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

I've decided to watch... erm, all but Queens Blade and Pandora Hearts. The former: yes, titties were essentially the main thrust of the show (pun not intended); the latter: taking too bloody long to get to some semblance of a story.

@Kassidy: Keep watching K-On-- you'll love who ends up advising the band.

@Ares: GX is one of my favorites, too-- too bad they cut it to 39 episodes.
Last edited by Magus_Melchior on Mon May 04, 2009 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

About K-On!
I think Frostii are to damn slow and Coal Guys are not that great.
So even if it may not be the best, I'll stick with Chihiro :D
Episode 5 was so damn funny (especially during the middle).

I'm also watching:
* Kurozuka - about vampires and in the future, non-linear story telling.
* FMA Brotherhood - I never saw the first fullmetal alchemist, I guess I'll try to follow this one.
* To Aru Majutsu no Index - uhm.. espers, magician, vampires, alchemist, angels, clones and so on... all in one xD
* Asura Cryin' - Some school teenager control some sort of Mecha. It's a mecha anime!

(wow... i'm really watching lots of anime again xD )
peaches
Rabite

Post by peaches »

I don't see a manga section <_<

So, I'mma say it here.

Everyone here should read Vinland Saga, you can read it all on onemanga.com and it's really great.

If you don't know what the vinland saga is about then here is a short summary of it: vikings, plundering, raping and killing.

Don't see anything graphic when it comes to sexual stuff, but it's hinted in there.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Think I'm going to take a break from anime for a while. I'll finish watching Kodomo no Jikan sometime soon and I'll continue to watch K-ON! as it comes through, but I don't think I'm going to be picking anything up for a while. Not quite sure yet.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Test the waters of the anime thread... That's what I told myself.

Since I haven't seen anyone mention them on the last few pages, I thought I'd try and put Cross Game and Saki into people's minds.

Cross Game is really good. I'm not normally one for sports anime, but being in a similar vein as Suzuka, Cross Game focuses more on relationships than it does any actual sport. The first episode in particular is quite heart wrenching because of Wakaba. I'd heartily recommend checking it out if you have 20 minutes to spare.

Second is Saki... This could go either way, you might love it, or you might hate it, depending on your tolerance for cheese and nonsense.

Prior to this moment I have done everything in my power to make fun of Saki, so that I would start hating it. But I just can't do it...

It's awful Mahjong focused drama/cheese, but I love it. Bamboo Blade made me want to take up Kendo and now Saki (almost) makes me want to play Mahjong. Gawd.

Plus, Nodoka makes Mahjong sexy.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Well, right now I'm taking a bit of a break from watching a bunch of current, mainstream animes. Obviously, K-On! is still going, but you all know I'm still watching that. XD

Aside from that I've been on a bit of a Zoids reminiscing frenzy, so I've decided to take the time and actually watch Zoids Genesis.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey all,

I honestly don't remember the last time I sat down to watch some anime. At one point Mrs manaman and I were THIS close to finishing Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. We've had two episodes to go for a very long time. :D

So, now we're planning on finishing that and thinking about watching something else. Any suggestions?

Peace,

manaman
Shuu
Green Drop

Post by Shuu »

I've mentioned in a number of threads...my favorite for this season is Basquash!, weird how a lot of people dislike it for some reason. :'< Next K-On!, and then Eden of the East.

A few weeks ago it was Kuroshitsuji. Also, Yozakura Quartet is love. But it was so short! D:

....I have never watched so many series in forever. XD
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

dun forget Haibane Renmei =(

... you forgot... didn't you? =(
Shuu
Green Drop

Post by Shuu »

Ailise wrote:dun forget Haibane Renmei =(

... you forgot... didn't you? =(
Haha of course not. xD I will watch that....when I have time, and the copies. :'D
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Shuu wrote:I've mentioned in a number of threads...my favorite for this season is Basquash!, weird how a lot of people dislike it for some reason. :'< Next K-On!, and then Eden of the East.
Well, Shoji Kawamori does have eclectic tastes, given the Escaflowne movie and Aquarion. Story might not be his greatest strength, but at least he pushes the audio/visual envelope.

I'm guessing Sora Kake Girl will receive similar treatment, even though it's the spiritual successor to the My-HiME series (as in, "mess with the audience").

I'd recommend anything animated by SHAFT, though Natsu no Arashi! might take some getting used to. Last week's episode was masterfully done.

... They're airing 2008 anime in the LA area. Subtitled. Not dubbed. They're even airing Eureka Seven, 4 episodes a week on the weekends. Finally, a reason to get up before 6 AM. Besides the 7 AM shift at work.
If they simulcast whatever's playing in Japan, I'll definitely build me a media center PC and never download again.
Last edited by Magus_Melchior on Tue May 19, 2009 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

Still watching Kyo Kara Maoh, Im watching FMA brotherhood, K-On! and Someday dreamers
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Had taken a break for a couple of days, and I'm ready to go again. Still gotta finish Zoids Genesis and now I'm gonna pick up the second season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
ytwars
Chess Knight

Post by ytwars »

I'm watching the same thing as Tsurayu now! (When did season 2 start?)
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

I thought the new episodes didn't start airing until the 10th of July, and the first fourteen were being recapped first?