Hello! :D

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

I saw you deviant art page... I'm a BIG MIO!! fan too... I love her... and your drawing is *-*
ytwars
Chess Knight

Post by ytwars »

Welcome!!!
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

I also noticed some Ragnarok and Flyff drawings ^^
I was Ragnarok Online addict for like 5 years (dark path in my life).
I also played Flyff a lot, but it didn't last as long as Ragnarok.
Psykeeper was my favourite in flyff. Well... in RO I had many chars, many fav.

Did you also play RO and FlyFF?
Shuu
Green Drop

Post by Shuu »

I had my share of the "dark path" too, Ailise! About...4 years ago I think, I used to play a lot of RO. Those were also my forum days, administrated an official server board back then~ Fun times! FlyFF...I didn't play a lot, but I loved the Billposters. :'D The FlyFF fanarts on my dA are commissions from the publishers, sad I didn't get to draw my character, haha. xD

Random: there's a really really strong typhoon outside today!
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Typhoon O_O sounds scary or I don't know, never experienced one.

Here in Sweden we lack of everything, earthquakes, floods, volcanoes, like 0 dangerous animals, 0 dangerous insects. It's so boring... at least it could be sunny or something, but it's not, always grey dull weather :]
Shuu
Green Drop

Post by Shuu »

At least disasters never happen? :) We always get news that people die because of landslides and floods every now and then, but it's usually during the rainy season which is....now. Waist-high was the highest flood level I've been to, that was when I was going home from school about 2 years ago.

Oh wow it's starting to get sunny again. Hello weather, why so weird. XD
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

You seem to be very good artist. Would you like be seikens official artist? :D

And welcome
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Deques wrote:You seem to be very good artist. Would you like be seikens official artist? :D

And welcome
うはwwwwww, "and welcome" xDDD lmao!
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

my welcomes are always late :D
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Shuu wrote:I did enjoy staring at the pretty visuals
I know right? It's such a beautiful game. Half the time I play it it's just to look at stuff. XD
You should really look into getting the CoM/DoM artbook if you haven't seen it yet. It includes like 700+ different pictures related to the game design, character design and other concepts. It's really amazing.
Shuu wrote:It's a Dawn/Children comic I'll release at a local con this Saturday.
Are you making up your own story linking the two or are you following the series continuity about how the events of CoM take place like 10 years after the DoM events?

That comic page looks freaking gorgeous. :o
You really nailed the characters there, they look incredible!

May we steal it and feature it here on the main page of the site? ^-^;
Shuu
Green Drop

Post by Shuu »

^_^ Thanks, Sheexy!
Sheexy wrote:You should really look into getting the CoM/DoM artbook if you haven't seen it yet. It includes like 700+ different pictures related to the game design, character design and other concepts. It's really amazing.
I want that book! D: Sadly there aren't any artbook specialty stores here, and if a store does carry it, it'll be +100% of how much it's really worth. I'm hoping to find it on my visit to Singapore this June, and if all else fails, eBay. I'm just scared it'll come to me all bumpy, I hated how one the books I bought online came in such a horrible condition. :[ But still, I want. I want very much. *grabby hands*
Sheexy wrote:Are you making up your own story linking the two or are you following the series continuity about how the events of CoM take place like 10 years after the DoM events?
This is going to be really, really embarrassing, but....there are 2 original characters, time is about 8 years after Dawn (and 2 years before Children), kind of a what-if-Lekius-had-a-sibling story (I have to note that I am a very, very bad storywriter. :<) because I hated the way he passed. So unfair. :( It's short, about 20+ pages but it's so angst-y, hahaha! I tried~
Sheexy wrote:May we steal it and feature it here on the main page of the site? ^-^;
Of course! :)

And Deques....I would love to! :'D I don't know much about Mana just yet, but I'm sure to be drawing a lot more from this series in the near future. : D
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Shuu wrote:This is going to be really, really embarrassing, but....there are 2 original characters, time is about 8 years after Dawn (and 2 years before Children), kind of a what-if-Lekius-had-a-sibling story (I have to note that I am a very, very bad storywriter. :<) because I hated the way he passed. So unfair. :( It's short, about 20+ pages but it's so angst-y, hahaha! I tried
At least your original character sounds like it will be tied into the series more believably, it's cool to hear you're keeping the time differences in mind. Not many people who make original characters and add them into a story seem to think about how believable they are doing it, seems like more of an ego trip. XD
*cough*saysthepersonwhoworkedtheircharacterintotheSecretofManastorylineonedaywhenhewasbored*cough*

I think it's fair to think Lekius may have had a sibling, to be honest he wasn't in the game enough to even get to know him that well... I was disappointed by the lack of character development in DoM, I really would have liked if they would have expanded on the whole Granz = Masked Mage, Anise = Medusa thing (it links DoM to the original game and its remake).
Lekius shows up at the beginning and it's like, oh hey this is your best friend. A whole bunch of gametime and a few cutscenes that he barely surfaces in later, and now I have to fight my best friend I don't know anything about but the game designers think I should be having a moral dilemma over killing him or something...

The running on walls part was neat though. :P

If you want the CoM/DoM guidebook off of eBay watch for my Thursday shopping updates, I usually feature the cheapest one of those I can find on there.

Your whole Lekius having a sibling thing got me to thinking about that book, and I remembered it actually had a character relationship chart on one of the pages linking people from CoM, DoM and Princess of Mana, so I looked into it to see if Lekius was on it, but he wasn't.
I was thinking maybe there could have possibly been a link between him and Tamber considering they're both green haired archer people, but the chart only links her with Seamoon.

Also, Tamber was apparently more mature at 14 than she was at 16. :P

Thanks for allowing us to host the comic. :D I'm looking forward to seeing it!
Shuu
Green Drop

Post by Shuu »

Sheexy wrote:so I looked into it to see if Lekius was on it, but he wasn't.
I was thinking maybe there could have possibly been a link between him and Tamber considering they're both green haired archer people, but the chart only links her with Seamoon.
That makes me sad. D:
I made this little link between Tamber and Lekius, not really as guards for village but both doing archery training with the character I made together. I am. so lame. ^-^;

Here's a little messy concept picture of my miniLekius, his name is Ein. :)
*no special reason to why I chose that name*

I cheated and just flipped/modified parts of Lek's clothes. :<
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Definitely looks like it could be Lekius' younger brother. Instead of saying you cheated just pretend he is wearing hand-me-downs from his brother. XD
Though it looks like he doesn't share his older brother's love for wooden clogs. :P

Just a random interesting fact about Lekius; the design of his arrows is an homage to the fan looking fern on the right side of this piece of Secret of Mana art: http://www.seikens.com/gallery/wallpape ... -z.jpg.php and another similar fern plant in Legend of Mana (which nowhere has pictures of).
Shuu
Green Drop

Post by Shuu »

Wooden clogs! I swear this kid's shoes are made of wood too. :'D
I've always liked how those fan-like plants looked, but never realized they were linked in a way to Lek. He doesn't carry a lot of arrows, does he? :D

(This intro post is getting a bit too long, haha~)