LEGO Flammie

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Back when I was 10 I built Flammie out of LEGOs and since I was at my parent's house this weekend I decided to finally get some pictures of the thing.

It's kinda discolored in places because the bricks are so old, but I think I did a pretty decent job on him back then. I'd take him apart to try to build a better one but the thing has too much sentimental value. XD

I also built Tropicallo and a few other things, but I looked through my stuff and they seem to have fallen apart, gonna have to redo them sometime.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Where did you get cream colored Lego bricks? I'm pretty sure those didn't exist when I was of Lego age.
Also, yellow roof bricks.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

They just turned cream cause they're so old, they were perfectly white when I got them.
I think the bricks they made at that time were a bit different in composition than the others I had, so they aged differently.

Now-a-days they've got tons of crazy colors and shapes, pretty fun stuff to go look at. XD
NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

I am withholding all critique seeing as you were 10 years old when you made this. This is awesome. I love how you took a picture of him on top of the Secret of Mana map.

I know there are Lego specialty stores where you can get individual pieces to start up a new one. It would be rather sad if you took this apart. Sentimental value, ftw.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

What's better are the maps under the glass on the desk. Extra points there for scenery.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Dude,

Yeah, that is awesome. LEGO's were pretty awesome, but I sucked at making anything with them. This is impressive!

Peace,

manaman
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

Haha, nice job indeed. That's pretty fantastic.
Tomnet
Chess Knight

Post by Tomnet »

Yeaah it's good job ! I don't know if at 10 I could done that work !
Lego is a good idea, don't you have had the idea to remake it or doing other characters ?
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I'd like to see Randi done in a style like a 3D sprite.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I was thinking of doing more LEGO stuff but I don't have a big enough amount of them to do very big things.

I might try to make some with the LEGO digital designer ( http://ldd.lego.com/ ) when I've got some spare time.
Currently I've built the legs to Gurren Lagann in it, it's really pretty neat, you can even do hinges and all sorts of stuff.
Plus it has all sorts of crazy colors and shapes I had no idea existed.
Tomnet
Chess Knight

Post by Tomnet »

I've to check my Legos (If I find them) maybe I can make something
Shuu
Green Drop

Post by Shuu »

Whoa LEGO FLAMMIE!
I actually like how some of the white bricks turned cream-colored. Kind of gives it a better, non-boring look compared to just whites and yellows (and a red).

Rabite lego next? : P It needs to be life-size and epic like those you see outside toy stores now. XD
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Wow,

Thanks for tipping me off on that software. I kind of want to go find my old LEGO's and get something done!

Thanks,

manaman
DarthDude
BuzzBee

Post by DarthDude »

Nice. Where did you get that?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

The pieces are just from random sets I bought when I was little. Most of them are just from assorted brick boxes you could get (the big red ones that looked like a giant LEGO block XD) but I specifically remember Flammie's jaw is part of a Diver's set that had a research boat and an undersea observation lab. I remember I got in trouble for buying it cause it was freaking expensive. XD