Final Fantasy Adventure. The coolest picture ever.

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I scanned this from a Japanese FFA guide. This is pretty amazing stuff.
This is the last picture in the guide, no doubt congratulating you on beating the game.
http://www.seikens.com/sheexy/seiken.jpg

The text says "Adventurer" (that is the Kanji part),"Quality" (ta chi) and "Really" or "Oh yes?" (hee).
So I'm guessing it is making some remark about how now that you beat the game you are really a good adventurer or something. I am not 100% sure on this translation, somebody help me out please.

Anyways, look at that picture! You've got Dark Lord (who for some reason has a Chibi Devil on a string?) the Chocobo, Julius, the Hero, Marcie (In the guide she is Marcie sometimes, and Mummy Seeker others...) the Heroine, and a few select enemies (Rabites oddly missing).

Isn't this an awesome find?
This is 18 year old Seiken Densetsu related material that has never been on the internet to my knowledge!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

That's a great picture. Though wouldn't it be 15 years old?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Kassidy wrote:That's a great picture. Though wouldn't it be 15 years old?
Darn, can't find a copyright date on the book. FFA came out in 1989 in Japan though, so it's gotta be released somewhere around then.

2007-1989= 18
2007-1990= 17
2006-1989= 18
2006-1990= 17

My guesses are around in that area.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I thought FFA was 1991. Emergence of Excalibur came about in 87. Plus that would sum up right with them releasing the Seiken Mobile game 15 years after the original release of FFA.

Anyhow, it's just a date. :) The image is the important thing, and that is way cool. Like you say, weird that rabites don't make an appearance. What else is there in the guide, I haven't seen any of it before.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Nah, English FFA is 1990/1991, something around there.

Anyways, the rest of the guide has tons of comics in it, and a Rabite kinda gets the spotlight.

The Heroine sees one and thinks it is cute and starts to pet it before the Hero comes over to save her. Then she tries to get an autograph from a Wizard before the Hero saves her and then gets blasted by magic.
It's kinda weird.

I'd totally scan the other pages, but the only reason I scanned this one was because it was at the back and I could bend the book without screwing everything up.

I'm scared to death of bending these things, haha.

Another one of the comics shows the Hero running after Marcie throws him, she then tells him she can't jump and goes on to show she is good at card games and cooking before she falls... kinda weird right?

Another is when Julius blasts the Hero off of the airship, but after the Hero is hit by the magic he just hangs there and doesn't fall, and it's all quiet until Julius gets mad at him.

For some reason the Girl teaches the guy how to use his MAX attacks in the comic, and Bogard teaches him how to use the Mattock (And then the Hero uses it so much he finishes building a tunnel for some workers.)

The guides also have interviews with the people who made FFA!
I've gotta get this stuff translated and scanned somehow!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Wow, that's a great collectors item, and a fun one at that. I know what you mean about breaking the spine of books, I'm exactly the same. My general rule for lending people books is "Break the spine, I'll break yours."

Re date, sure they weren't both in 91, in Japan and US? I'm probably going mad, I've jsut come down with a cold or something for the first time in yonks and I think it's frazzling my brain...
Last edited by Kassidy on Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Kassidy wrote:Re date, sure they weren't both in 91, in Japan and US? I'm probably going mad, I've jsut come down with a cold or something for the first time in yonks and I think it's frazzling my brain...
I know man, I can't for the life of me find the release date for the Japanese version.
The American one is 1991 for sure.

Ok, after some extensive research (by that I mean looking in the obvious places for copyright dates in books...) I found that the book was released in 1992, so you were right on the age.

There is another date in the book that says something about 1991, and I bet that is the game release date.
You got me. :P

As soon as we get a trivia point thing you get an instant 10 points.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Do I get extra points for stating June 28th 1991 in Japan and November 1st 1991 in US? ;) (did more searching also)
Last edited by Kassidy on Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Don't milk it dude! Haha.
Ok fine, 15. (When I start my trivia thing 10 is going to be a godly amount to get in one sitting)
The book is actually 1991, something else Seiken Densetsu related was released in 1992... maybe that is the main CD or the two original CDs... hmm. The guide even has an ad in it for the music!

I'm going to try eventually taking pictures of the pages, maybe I can get that to turn out ok.
Y'all have got to see the original Rabite picture, it's so terrible looking.
In fact...

Here is the Rabite in all of it's cute glory. This is when the Heroine goes nuts over how cute it is.

She says "AHH! CUTE!" "Look at you! Look at you!".
The Hero says "
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Bwahaha!

That second rabite is tremendously cute! The first one is... er... Well, kinda not what I expected from Squaresoft... ;)
racx_00
Eye Spy

Post by racx_00 »

This is cool! The picture from the last page is great. I wish I had a guide that was worth as much as this one probably is. Definitely a collectors item!
Mark
BuzzBee

Post by Mark »

The Comics Are Amazing it'd be great if they did that on new guides
MORE COMICS! the masses demand it!
Hideo_Sakaguchi
Lullabud

Post by Hideo_Sakaguchi »

Hahaha. Those pictures are awesome. :)

Man I feel like replaying FFA now. Maybe once I finish playing Sword of Mana I'll play the original. That would be off the hook.

Yo.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Wait so the American version of FFA was releaed in 1991 when I was born?! Ah, the book. So it was released in 1992. *Phew* ok. Great picture indeed. I think that they made the rabite cuteist in FFA.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I repeat... June 28th 1991 in Japan and November 1st 1991 in US