Memories of Mana 3

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

bastian
Weepy Eye

Memories of Mana 3

Post by bastian »

Moghunter has begun work on the third (and final?) chapter of his Memories of Mana series. He hopes to have it completed by October! This one is a complete overhaul of the gameplay system before and in true Mana form will let you play with three characters at the same time, allowing you to switch back and forth between them. He also says that there will be some slight Legend of Mana gameplay influences this time around.

You can view the first screenshot available below:
nick912012
Pebbler

Re: Memories of Mana 3

Post by nick912012 »

You know what, I haven't even played the first two. I'm gonna downlaod the first one right now! :)

And that pic looks pretty cool. I really wanna see some gameplay action of it!
hawklise33
Ma Goblin

Post by hawklise33 »

i dont c the screenshot
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Fixed the screenshot link. Ouch that background is jarring XD

How long are his other games anyway?
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

I'm not sure that the background seen is final. I recently looked at his early prototype for Memories of Mana (Originally it was to be called Books of Mana) and it is extremely different than what Memories of Mana 1 turned out to be.

The length of the first two games are realatively short. About ten hours each, I think. I believe this triology of games is meant to be one full-sized game, but he broke it up into three "chapters" to get them out there in a more timely fashion. I'm considering doing something similar with a non-Mana game I'm working on as well.
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

Loving the first one. :)

It's got a fun little script to it, and I'm liking the combat actually. It's stupidly good for being an RPG Maker game. I'm sure MoM2 is even better!

Also bastian, if you don't mind helping me, do you have any idea where Lightgazer was in the first game? I'm trying to get the Flammie Drum, and I completely forgot where Lightgazer was previously blocking my path. Thanks!
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

I'm sorry, I don't remember. Because MoM1 and MoM2 are so similar they've sort of combined in my head, and it doesn't help that I played them while they were mainly in Portugese, translating in my head with my very very basic understanding of Spanish (which was similar enough to Portugese to get me through the games at that time).

In other words, no. Sorry! :D

But yeah, MogHunter did an amazing job taking the XAS scripts and rewriting them to an extreme degree to make an engine which is really supposed to be used to make Dragon Quest style games something that can do Action RPGs. That is so much more complicated and tricky than anyone can imagine and is really a testament to MogHunter's superior scripting prowess.

Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of MoM3 just to play myself. :D
ReasonsUnknown
BuzzBee

Post by ReasonsUnknown »

I've never been able to get fan made games to work. Im always missing something or other.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

That's probably not the case with Memories of Mana though. It's totaly self-contained.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

Isn't that the (reconstructed) part when Duran 'peep' Angela in Jadd inn at early SD3?
(actually not just Duran, but all male heroes in that game as I have recalled)
Yet since the thrown one is Duran, it makes much more sense. :P