Seiken Densetsu 3 Doujinshi

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

kaze_no_hogosha
Water Thug

Post by kaze_no_hogosha »

WOOT! I got my wireless internet back! Thanks for waiting everyone. Here's page two.

And as an extra bonus here's some sketches I did of Duran, Angela, Riesz, and Hawkeye.

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Ok, news is back up, but I'm gonna hold off on the update until I can make a fanstuff index tomorow and add your drawings into the fan gallery.

I finished fixing up the comic navigation stuff that Dekky was doing, you can go ahead and check that out:

http://www.seikens.com/fansection-kazesd3doujin.html
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey Kaze, what do you think about the way the page looks so far?
You want me to add anything to it?

If you just keep posting the updates here I'll add them to the page. It's gotta be manually done via FTP. I'll make news posts about it too.
kaze_no_hogosha
Water Thug

The new page looks great! There isn't anything I can think of to add to it. I appreciate all the hard work you and Dekky are doing for the fan section. =*)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Sweet! Sorry but I forgot to mention the new fanart in the gallery x__x;
I'll mention it tomorrow, I should have another update coming up.
ong_elvin
Rabite

Post by ong_elvin »

You do realise that there's a bunch of SD3 doujin in existence already, right? Okay, maybe that's obvious to any fan of SD3, and I admit that the bulk of them are centered on Riesz. And another very specific issue. But at least take a page from them when you draw Riesz. I think your rendition of her looks somewhat retarded. Partly owing to her blank stare which lacks any flair or motion, and partly owing to how she looks bulimic/anorexic.
Last edited by ong_elvin on Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaze_no_hogosha
Water Thug

Okay you really caught me on a bad day. First off, if you don't like it, don't read it.

Secondly, I already know there some SD3 doujin out there. Read my first post before you say anything.

Thirdly, those are concept sketches. I didn't have a clear picture on how to draw anyone when I drew those.

Lastly, I draw heavily from Shoujo style comics so my art is going to reflect on that. I haven't been drawing that long so this is more of an experiment than any thing else. I am just trying to contribute to the site so get off my case.
MALAGUBIASA
Rabite

Post by MALAGUBIASA »

I just wanted to say that I love what you are doing with the series and your art work is fantastic so keep up the good work!!!! And to the haters out there... shut up and get a life. REALIZE that you cant spell. It takes guts to put your creations on here and I dont see you doing it. It might be because you are somewhat retarded I dont know.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I don't think he/she was trying to offend Kaze's drawings. At other fourms, swearing is always used so they got used to it. I would say that was harsh critisim but not an insult. Your work is pretty good though Kaze, keep it up and don't get discouraged! You'll need to keep confident if you hope to keep up with me, heh. XD
ong_elvin
Rabite

Post by ong_elvin »

kaze_no_hogosha wrote:Okay you really caught me on a bad day. First off, if you don't like it, don't read it.
kaze_no_hogosha wrote:I am just trying to contribute to the site so get off my case.
I'm not on your case. My apologies if I sound like that.

[quote=""kaze_no_hogosha"]Lastly, I draw heavily from Shoujo style comics so my art is going to reflect on that. I haven't been drawing that long so this is more of an experiment than any thing else.[/quote]
Well still... even so they lack that livelihood that I like to see in my pictures. And again, I've no problem with the style, "retarded" was the wrong word to use. But nonetheless, Riesz still looks... blank. Forlorn. Without any hope. Looking at her there, it's like she's become a vegetable. She's certainly not portrayed that way in the game, quite the opposite in fact, so you can see why I object to showing her this way. Interesting factoid: real life Amazon women would cut off their right mammary to aid them in firing a bow.

Duran's portrait with that left brow in a sort of scowl looks appropriate for him, you can definitely see his resolve to defeat Koren. He looks a bit lanky for a warrior though, but at least he's not as buff as a fully grown man. We're talking 15yo after all. That plus the shoujo style I guess. ;)

Angela looks somewhat sad, which unlike Riesz is appropriate enough here with Koren having ensorcelled Queen Valda. Now just spruce her up a bit for when she finally meets Duran!

Hawk... I dunno... all I'll say is do not lose that cryptically ambiguous smile you've got going on there.
Last edited by ong_elvin on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaze_no_hogosha
Water Thug

I didn't really want to come off as mean I just didn't particularly like the words that you used. I personally don't like people who use the term "retarded" because I find it offensive no matter what the context.
Rookie_One
Rabite

Post by Rookie_One »

so....is there something new?