Microsoft + Yahoo

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

The big M$ has put a bid on Yahoo approx 44,6 billion dollars.
If this happens then another big company is going to be gone from the market.

The last big take-over I can remember is Adobe bought Macromedia.
Now Microsoft is planning to take over Yahoo!!

Yahoo might be history soon
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Good...
Good...
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Yahoo? what's that? :P

Actually I'm kinda sad about the whole Adobe - Macromedia thingy.
As now Adobe don't have to compete anymore... they hardly create a lot of new feature on their software but still sell them at a crazy prize which no one can affords. (still seems everyone has it :P )
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I don't really like Yahoo. Maybe Microsoft will do some good for it.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Enslaven00bs wrote:I don't really like Yahoo. Maybe Microsoft will do some good for it.
Tell me you didn't say that with a straight face. <.<

When has Microsoft done any one any good for anything? <.<
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

I'm not a Microsoft lover or anything... but with all the money they make they must have done something right :P
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Yeah I liked them just fine until they entered the video game market and released Vista. Anyone who actually uses Vista and isn't a Microsoft spokesperson, or in some other way affiliated with them, will tell you that Vista is a piece of dung. <.<
Last edited by Tsurayu on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Well... I use Vista... and Deques use Vista :P and we have nothing to do with Microsoft. :P
Vista may be annoying at some parts (like the UAC) and besides all the RAM it needs, it's a pretty good OS. So far no crashes or problems... and security is like ultra high (little too "annoying" high).

About the Xbox I don't know anything about it, never had one.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Not to mention the pain of having to install old and weird drivers to hook up certain extensions that are older than like two years of age like a printer, scanner, web cam...

What bugs me right now is that I can't even change the language. It's locked out to anyone who doesn't have Vista Ultimate or Vista Enterprise. That's some major crap.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Tsurayu wrote:Yeah I liked them just fine until they entered the video game market and released Vista. Anyone who actually uses Vista and isn't a Microsoft spokesperson, or in some other way affiliated with them, will tell you that Vista is a piece of dung. <.<
I have to agree with you that Vista sucks. If they had a lite version I would consider it. It's WAY too bloated.

As far as video games Microsoft is the best thing to happen to it.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Ever since I got Vista it gave almost same amount crashes as with XP. So its not free from problems.
Sometimes when I put a usb memory stick the entire os freezes and never gets unfrozen. So i have to restart the computer.
I wonder if I have youtube page on and put the memory stick has something to do. cause it always happens when i have youtube video playing
Densetsu no Alact?
Goblin

Post by Densetsu no Alact? »

Yahoo! is not so well known here in Sweden, it's very popular in southeast asia though. probably because one of it's co-founder is an asian. anyway the reason Microsoft bought Yahoo is because they want to be able to stand against Google.
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

Agh i hate microsoft, and i love Adobe (read: i cant buy their prices, but i use....). Still what i hate AT MOST, is Corel!!!!! I dream with day day i will never need to convert my photoshop, illustrator, in design (all adobe programs) into Corel for printing. Why do people still insist on using Corel Draw when we have Illustrator at hand ???
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

Dont you guys think Google is a little bit scary ? I mean, some people think Google will dominate the world, and that at this precise moment Google is watching our lives.....

Oh i love these technological urban legends.
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

At least in Sweden with all sorts of graphics and printing things I have come in touch with I have never seen anything related to Corel Draw. It's all been TIFF or EPS or Indesign or Gerber(Omega/Composer, what ever they name their stuff).
I like Adobe... I just hate that they bought Macromedia just because they couldn't beat them on the web.

And Google, it's all PR. They may have all this things/applications, but it's all beta and nothing solid. No big serious pro company does use their google docs, they stay with MS Office (I read some article about this). Google get most their income by ads and directional searches.