Fanart: SoM Luka-ness

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Lumineux
Werewolf

Post by Lumineux »

=*) Presently, this is both an experiment and a work in progress.

The experiment? Attempting to mimic (to some degree) the art style of the Dawn of Mana and Children of Mana character designs. More likely, it'll be a fusion of my own style with the style from said games.

The WIP? Well, I actually planned to do some proper fanart of folks from Dawn of Mana, 'cuz I just wuv me some Keldy... but ah well. Koren and I have been cooking up a curious scheme in our heads, and as a result I thought I'd reimagine the SoM characters in designs more akin to the styles used in Dawn of Mana. So I WAS gonna draw Randi. :D

Somehow, some way... I wound up trying out this new style thing on Luka instead. -_-;

So, uh.. yay? :P

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I really like the way the hands are shaped, they're just really rough, but you've got the shape perfect for them.
Though, for it to be really Dawn of Mana the hands would have to be a lot bigger than they are.

She looks pretty good for being 200 years old, huh? XD

Definitely has a Dawn of Mana kinda vibe to it, if you plan on coloring it DoM style that'll really be nice.

This is really cool, I've always liked your drawings.
Jane Doe
Evil Sword

Post by Jane Doe »

Whoa, awesome.

I don't think I've seen much of your work, but I love it!

You should totally put up more. :love:
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Wow...Like Sheexy said, she does have a DoM feel about her.

However, she kinda reminds me of Lady Pearl
Lumineux
Werewolf

Post by Lumineux »

Hehe, thanks gang. :)

And yeah, Sheexy-- I do intend to try and make the hands a bit larger and such.. though that'll more likely occur if and when I get a good sketch of Randi done in this style. I'm sorta fond of Luka's the way they are now, even if they ARE a bit smallish.

Jane - I think there's a mess of my OLD junk in the fanart gallery here on Seikens, actually... I'm pretty sure Kassidy moved it over there when I first popped on the boards. ^^; It's uh... OLD... but it doesn't completely suck yet.

Duran- And she should remind you a bit of Lady Pearl, because I rather blatantly stole a lot of the pearl/clamshell style elements and incorporated them into her wardrobe. ;)
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Oh man. Sorry for being late. I never saw this for some reason. o.O

Anyway, looks awesome to me. ^_^
Lumineux
Werewolf

Post by Lumineux »

Thanks. ^.^

Now if I can just get the motivation up to finish the darned thing... grrr.

Well, my yummy Seiken Densetsu 4/Children of Mana Materials Collection book finally arrived, so hopefully that'll give me some inspiration in addition to the bevy of visual aids. ^__^
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

That book has an amazing amount of awesome art in it, you're definitely gonna find the visual aids and inspiration you're looking for.
Koren
Tomato Man

Post by Koren »

Here's some motivation for completion: I'll do evil and hateful things in that odd little idea if you don't. ^.^ ....Wait, I'm going to anyway. ...Finish it anyway!

Ahem. Anyway~

I saw the pre-shaded version soo..you know my opinions on the linework. ;) I love the shading; it sets it up nicely for the DoM style actually since you can easily picture the brighter, storybook style colors on it. It really makes her eyes stand out, too.