What games are you playing?

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

manaman
Spikey Tiger

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by manaman »

Hey DeadWolf,

Actually, I thought there was less busy work than in Phantom Hourglass or even Link's Awakening! I also really thought the story was enjoyable and though it was just a tad predictable to have Zelda a playable and main character (this is NOT a spoiler), it was awesome and I liked the interactions Link and Zelda have.

Also, I really like trains, so I'm a bit biased, but I enjoyed the train overworld more than the shipping. It didn't seem unnecessarily long and tedious to get from point A to point B, either. It was just all good fun. Lastly, I loved that there was a legit playable instrument included. I liked being able to just jam on it!

I agree with you that Minish Cap is a wonderful game, though.

Peace,

manaman
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

manaman wrote:Actually, I thought there was less busy work than in Phantom Hourglass or even Link's Awakening!
How dare you! The busy work in Link's awakening helped you to unravel the mystery of the island. Link's awakening had fun little puzzles that you had to do to obtain an item or to reach a dungeon. It was just enough work to make the over world exploration more enjoyable.

In Phantom Hourglass there is busy work just to only increase game time. Boring and annoying stuff like the Temple of the Ocean King. There's no real over world exploration in Phantom Hourglass nor Spirit Tracks because the over world is replaced by a fun at first but gets old quick mode of transportation. Hauling Mega Ice is mega annoying. Of course Wind Waker had a mode of transportation but it worked. Wind Waker had an over world much like Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. The only difference is that the over world in Wind Waker mostly water instead of dry land. The DS games seem to lack that exploration that made The Legend of Zelda famous in the first place.

Long story short. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks turned the over world into some dumb mini game like the Gumi Ship in Kingdom Hearts.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Whoops DeadWolf,

I actually mistyped in my last post (and my sleepiness and overwhelmedness with so many posts to read!) and meant to say A Link to the Past. I'm not sure that makes it any better for you, but that's the game I was actually thinking of.

That being said, I do agree that the overworld is less exciting in both the DS games. Nevertheless, I do think the train is pretty fun and as I said, I'm a sucker for trains. I liked trying to find rabbits and I didn't think you had to be riding the rails for too long. Oh, and I liked having to switch tracks creatively because of the bad trains. Anyway, what can I say? I just enjoyed it. It wasn't Ocarina of time or A Link to the Past in terms of overworld but in terms of busy work, I would disagree with you that it was more than other games.

Peace,

manaman
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Finished Uncharted 2 on hard. I don't think I'll do crushing because hard pissed me off enough. The game is phenomenal. If you don't have a PS3 borrow a friends or something and play it. Play the first one too of course.

Traded in my copy of that really bad game... It had a XIII in it... What was it? Anyway, I picked up a copy of Demon's Souls. Supposed to be really fun but hard. From what I hear anyway. The multi player system in it is ingenious. I'll be playing that along side of The Oracles.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I'm playing The Beatles: Rock Band on the Wii and GodFinger and We Rule on my iPad.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I picked up Darksiders. Despite the horrible review it got from X-play it's actually a really good game (82 on Metacritic).

A coworker told me it's a mix of God of War and Zelda. I haven't seen the Zelda yet so I'm starting to wonder if this guy has played a Zelda game.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Currently playing Mega Man Zero Collection, just played through the first game
hawklise33
Ma Goblin

Post by hawklise33 »

playing Fossil Fighters. I got new ones.
Squik (netural), Squirth (earth), Squilk (water), Squilth (Fire). I just need Squiro (wind).
Does anybody have an Megaman Starforce game? I have Megaman Starforce 3 Black Ace and i would like a battle on wifi. If anybody does, i'll post the friend code.
Its been a while since i post something on this forum.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Currently:
- Borderlands (360)
- Pokemon: HeartGold (DS)
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Around 70% to 75% of the way through Darksiders. It definitely pays homage to God of War, Zelda, and Devil May Cry.

I really think the X-play never played Darksiders before doing their review. A lot of things Adam points out about the game aren't true. There is plenty of gore and very little swimming.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

DeadWolf wrote:I really think the X-play never played Darksiders before doing their review. A lot of things Adam points out about the game aren't true. There is plenty of gore and very little swimming.
That's why you NEVER watch X-play! They no longer have any freaking clue about what they're talking about.
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

Lesse... just went on a SNES binge, so expect to see a lot of them. Last week, I beat Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest, Actraiser, and Demon's Crest (beat Dark Demon and everything... that was HARD).

Currently Playing
Secret of Mana - with my girlfriend and an old buddy of mine. We just got Shade in our last session, so we're doing well.
Final Fantasy 3 (SNES) - We're doing the shoddy co-op option, and again, I'm playing it with my girlfriend. She needs to learn about SNES games!
Super Mario RPG
Pokemon HeartGold :P

Awaiting in the mail
Secret of Evermore
Final Fantasy 2
Illusion of Gaia
Legend of the Mystical Ninja

If I can find the right price on ebay, I'm totally nabbing Yoshi's Island, too.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

nick912012 wrote: Secret of Mana - with my girlfriend and an old buddy of mine. We just got Shade in our last session, so we're doing well.
I wouldn't mind getting a few friends to play through Secret of Mana but I'll get that "Da **** is Secret of Mana?" response from most of my friends.
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

DeadWolf wrote: I wouldn't mind getting a few friends to play through Secret of Mana but I'll get that "Da **** is Secret of Mana?" response from most of my friends.

Yeah, I didn't have to worry about that. I gave my friend the ROM to Secret of Mana (along with several other SNES games), as well as talk about it constantly, for the four and a half years I've known him. I actually turned the kid into a SNES gamer, which I'm proud of that! But yeah, he was really wanting to actually beat Secret of Mana since he's never gotten too terribly far in it. I kinda forced it upon my girlfriend, but she says she's enjoying it, as well as appears to be so hopefully she's not lying.

By the way, Evermore came in the mail! I'm like half way through SMRPG, but I think I'mma just get a little bit into SoE.

SNES Games Beaten This Summer
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
Demon's Crest
Actraiser
Secret of Evermore
Super Mario RPG
Illusion of Gaia

SNES Games Progress
Secret of Mana - Just received Shade
Final Fantasy 3 - On the raft right before the party splits up.

SNES Games No Progress
Final Fantasy 2 - Friend's borrowing
Legend of Mystical Ninja - My sister's boyfriend wants to run it down with me.

SNES Games in the Mail
Lagoon
Robotrek
hawklise33
Ma Goblin

Post by hawklise33 »

Finally beaten Final Fantasy 7