What games are you playing?

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

I haven't gotten a new game in quite a while, so I've been really bored lately. I decided to replay The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the time being, no pun intended. Last time I replayed it, I encountered the game-ending Water Temple glitch. Well, I got to the Water Temple again today. I haven't gotten too far, but it's certainly a possibility that I have gotten it. My gosh, I hate that dungeon. It's a wonderful game, but the Water Temple is hellishly difficult.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

The Hooded Man wrote:I haven't gotten a new game in quite a while, so I've been really bored lately. I decided to replay The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the time being, no pun intended. Last time I replayed it, I encountered the game-ending Water Temple glitch. Well, I got to the Water Temple again today. I haven't gotten too far, but it's certainly a possibility that I have gotten it. My gosh, I hate that dungeon. It's a wonderful game, but the Water Temple is hellishly difficult.
Maybe it's just me but I really don't see how the Water Temple is all that hard. I have more trouble with the Fire Temple than anything.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey Kimiko, you've played the Izuna games right?
Would you recommend them? I really love roguelikes and I've been thinking about giving them a try for a while but I'm not so sure.

I read it was kinda dumbed down compared to stuff like netHack so I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it.

Also, recently played some Scribblenauts. It's fun for about 30 minutes and then it gets old. The puzzles are too hard and you can't solve most of them like you want to.

Got New Super Mario Bros. as well, gave my DS to my sister though cause she wanted some games to play.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

The Izuna games are great IMO. I've heard the complaint of them being dumbed down or something. If you are a hardcore NetHacker, you might want to try the Shiren The Wanderer games first. I liked Izuna a lot, but haven't played the Shiren games, so I can't really compare them. It means a lot to me that Izuna is a woman. Female protagonists are way too rare in games.
LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

DeadWolf wrote:Maybe it's just me but I really don't see how the Water Temple is all that hard. I have more trouble with the Fire Temple than anything.
Okay, after beating it earlier today, I can kind of see what you mean. It turns out that I never had the game-ending glitch in the first place, I just keep forgetting about that room beneath the main tower. But, aside from about an hour of aimlessly running about, I guess it wasn't that hard.
So you had a lot of trouble with the Fire Temple, did you? Yes, it's certainly one of the game's harder dungeons. I remember how I kept carelessly falling off those ledges that take you down about two or three floors. I really should have bothered using Farore's Wind.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Howdy,

So, I'm playing, as my signature says, "Metroid Prime Pinball," "Super Mario Sunshine" and "A Boy and His Blob." All three are epic.

I'm having a blast with "Metroid Prime Pinball." I've been getting some incredible high scores (at least I think so--over five million) and it's fun playing some more pinball after getting so hooked on "Galactic Pinball" for the Virtual Boy not so long ago.

Somehow I only played a couple of snippets of "Super Mario Sunshine" in my life before recently purchasing it. And considering I was babysitting kids playing "Super Mario Sunshine" I don't know that I really remembered any of the game. I think it's very underrated.

"A Boy and His Blob" is beautiful. I don't think I need to say anything else.

Peace,

manaman
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

I finished From The Abyss last night. It was boring.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

The Hooded Man wrote:
DeadWolf wrote:Maybe it's just me but I really don't see how the Water Temple is all that hard. I have more trouble with the Fire Temple than anything.
Okay, after beating it earlier today, I can kind of see what you mean. It turns out that I never had the game-ending glitch in the first place, I just keep forgetting about that room beneath the main tower. But, aside from about an hour of aimlessly running about, I guess it wasn't that hard.
So you had a lot of trouble with the Fire Temple, did you? Yes, it's certainly one of the game's harder dungeons. I remember how I kept carelessly falling off those ledges that take you down about two or three floors. I really should have bothered using Farore's Wind.
The room where you get the hammer is the worst. Everytime I play the game I fall like 6 times trying to get it. Yeah Farore's wind is useful if you have the magic to spare. In the Water temple you just end up overlooking a room so it's not that hard. Dark Link is difficult unless you cheat. The Fire temple is just painful because of tedious platforming.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Currently:

- Phantasy Star Online (PC)
- Phantasy Star Zero (DS)
- Fallout 3 (360)
- Blue Dragon (360)
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

I´m playing Phantasy Star Zero (ds).
It´s been a loong time since i last picked an rpg which I enjoy the hell of it, and finally this one arrived! It´s surprisingly good!!!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Good to know--I've actually wanted to pick that one up for sometime but haven't yet.

My wife bought us New Super Mario Bros. Wii today and let me tell you it's awesome! It feels very natural and I think it's clearly taking the best of the multi-player Mario Bros. and platforming of Super Mario Bros. and creating a great experience. Even down to the detail of bouncing off people's heads, I think of so many classic side-scrolling experiences. Do get!
hawklise33
Ma Goblin

Post by hawklise33 »

Does anybody plays Castlevania Portrait of Ruins?
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

Yes indeedy, and I find the included fanservice extremely funny. Just hold the up button for about five seconds when you're somewhere that's not going to get you killed.

I actually thought PoR was pretty straightforward - because you can only enter the paintings in a particular order it takes a lot of the nonlinearity out of it. I would have to say that to date my favourite Castlevania games are tied between Aria of Sorrow and Harmony of Dissonance. Dawn of Sorrow was good fun but I despise the children's-anime look they've given it - since when were vampires, cults and stabbing someone in the face considered good things for children to watch? Not to mention the continuity errors the new looks give them...

Aaaanyway.

Completed finished Portrait of Ruin, got the Magus Ring and I've even beaten the game playing as an Old Axe Armor. It's currently sitting on my shelf cultivating dust. The only real challenge in that game was the Axe Armor mode, and even then you could frickin' fly. I dunno, it just seemed to lack the trademark Castlevania difficulty curve I think. The Nest of Evil was a nice touch though.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Got my copy of Super Mario Bros Wii! I can't wait to get home and get started on it. Just a few hours and I can start celebrating the return of the Koopa Kids to a main line mario game. >P Yey!
hawklise33
Ma Goblin

Post by hawklise33 »

Tyrfillich wrote:Yes indeedy, and I find the included fanservice extremely funny. Just hold the up button for about five seconds when you're somewhere that's not going to get you killed.

I actually thought PoR was pretty straightforward - because you can only enter the paintings in a particular order it takes a lot of the nonlinearity out of it. I would have to say that to date my favourite Castlevania games are tied between Aria of Sorrow and Harmony of Dissonance. Dawn of Sorrow was good fun but I despise the children's-anime look they've given it - since when were vampires, cults and stabbing someone in the face considered good things for children to watch? Not to mention the continuity errors the new looks give them...

Aaaanyway.

Completed finished Portrait of Ruin, got the Magus Ring and I've even beaten the game playing as an Old Axe Armor. It's currently sitting on my shelf cultivating dust. The only real challenge in that game was the Axe Armor mode, and even then you could frickin' fly. I dunno, it just seemed to lack the trademark Castlevania difficulty curve I think. The Nest of Evil was a nice touch though.
wutz ur friend code? my file name is call "Mew" if u connect on wifi on co-op
hey tekka, funny signature