Super Blob Frog

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

So while I've been gone I've been working on finally getting a game finished.

Super Blob Frog Action Arcade Adventure RPG is the first game I've finished in like, 8 years.
I don't use any real stuff to make the game, use the fun little programs by Clickteam to make them. It's not technically coding, but it still takes some skill to make good stuff. I used to use The Games Factory by them, and now I've got Multimedia Fusion 2.

Anyways, in MMF2 games have frames and in the frames there are events. Events tell the game what to do, they have conditions that trigger events.

This website, Fusion 2 Developers is running a contest to see who can make the best game using 20 or less events and on 4 frames (each frame can have 20), and I figured I'd take a shot. I thought maybe I'd finish a game that has that few of events since all my abandoned games get to around 1000ish events and I get bored.

:hof:Super Blob Frog

You can read about the game and download it over on this site, I released it a little early to get some opinions on what I need to change etc.

Lemme know what y'all think, it's a really simple game but I think it has a chance of winning the competition.
Most of the other games I've seen being made for the contest are really simple clones of stuff like asteroids and helicopter etc. etc., so I think mine is a little more revolutionary considering I got it all in in only 12 events.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey,

As soon as I can, I'll download it and give it a go. Congratulations on finishing it! It sounds cool!

Peace,

manaman