Gaming setup

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

So it happens a lot, I'll sit there and take random pictures for these threads across the net. Then I thought to myself, this would be interesting on Seikens!

So we have a thread an old thread about computer specifications and pictures, so I thought why not have something related to gaming in general!

Basically you just either describe and/or take a picture of your gaming rig (i.e. console set up, PC...)

Unforunately my Wii is a family system so I have it set up in the living room. I'll get a picture of that later, and all of my older consoles are up in storage until I call upon them another time. XD

And I have my PC in my room, but I don't really do PC gaming so I didn't bother with it.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I just took pictures and realized that they my 'gaming rig' is a mess. I'll just describe it.

I have a crappy 19" Durabrand TV for the video (get's the job done and I can't GH on widescreen).
I have a 330 watt amp Stereo that all my video games(and sometimes my pc) are hooked for sound.
I have my Wii, Yobo FC, N64, SNES, PS2, Xbox 360, and my PC all hooked to this little box that sends the signal my stereo and tv. I'm just able to turn the game system of my choice on and have it work with out switching cables.

It may sound nice but two serge protectors and a tangled mess of wires is probably a huge fire hazard.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I dunno, I think the fact that for a long time I had two five-socket bus bars running off another five-socket bus bar, running into the wall, was probably more of a fire hazard.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Mine is a huge mess too.

I normally keep any console, I'm not using, in a storage bin next to my TV to keep the area clean.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Well,

My setup at home-home is really pretty organized and nice. I've got a neat little entertainment cabinet where I can actually store each system on a shelf and then the TV sits on top. Also, on the bottom there is two door cabinet where I keep games.

Right now, my gaming setup consists of my Game Boy Color, DS lite and iPod Touch on a shelf next to my side of the bed and a borrowed PS2 sitting next to a TV. Not necessarily photo worthy for now. :)

Peace,

manaman
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

manaman wrote:Well,

My setup at home-home is really pretty organized and nice. I've got a neat little entertainment cabinet where I can actually store each system on a shelf and then the TV sits on top. Also, on the bottom there is two door cabinet where I keep games.

Right now, my gaming setup consists of my Game Boy Color, DS lite and iPod Touch on a shelf next to my side of the bed and a borrowed PS2 sitting next to a TV. Not necessarily photo worthy for now. :)

Peace,

manaman
I have an 8` book shelf with nothing but video games on it. That is organized because books/games leaning over drive me nuts @_@.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

... I opened this thread and was ready for Tsurayu to go all-out with a monster PC ^-^;

I'm thinking of getting parts for a new rig based on AMD's Dragon spec sometime this year. It'll probably set me back $800 or so, which is good considering I don't have to buy the case or monitor (not yet, anyway).

As for non-PC gaming... I have a DS Lite.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Magus_Melchior wrote:... I opened this thread and was ready for Tsurayu to go all-out with a monster PC ^-^;

I'm thinking of getting parts for a new rig based on AMD's Dragon spec sometime this year. It'll probably set me back $800 or so, which is good considering I don't have to buy the case or monitor (not yet, anyway).

I never could get into PC gaming. I never liked using the mouse and keyboard and buying a gamepad seems like it defeats the purpose of PC gaming.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Well,

Enslaven00bs, I can't manage to fit all my games in the cabinet. I've got some rubber tubs full of games in a closet. I just pull out the tubs and get what I need.

And, Tsurayu, I'm totally with you on PC gaming. I just can't get into using a mouse and keyboard. I have purchased some gamepads, however, and I don't mind using them.

Peace,

manaman
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Tsurayu wrote:
Magus_Melchior wrote:... I opened this thread and was ready for Tsurayu to go all-out with a monster PC ^-^;

I never could get into PC gaming. I never liked using the mouse and keyboard and buying a gamepad seems like it defeats the purpose of PC gaming.
The only good PC games are MMOs, FPS, and RTS. Pretty much games that don't require a gamepad. I only use a gamepad for roms and indie games.

My biggest gripe with PC gaming is the fact that you spend a good amount of money for a decent machine just for a game to come out, be a resource hog, and not run on your system. With Console gaming I know that when I buy a game for it that it will work no questions asked.

@manaman: It's a book shelf with 5 shelves full of video games
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I have a couple of gamepads myself, but I only use it for my SNES and PSX games. As far as FPS are concerned that's why I don't like using the mouse. A lot of people swear that is the only way to play a FPS, but I hate it. Give me an analog stick any day.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

I suppose it's like playing an FPS with a trackball.
... ... ... Actually, that might not be a horrible idea. Probably would require getting used to/tweaking sensitivity, but it might work much better than a mouse.

But you'll take my mouse from me for RTS when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

@Enslaven00bs: That's what the spec chart on the game box is for... and honestly, if you have a card that's a year or two old, it'll run just about anything unless you're going for bleeding-edge stuff, and even then, games have to be coded to one or both of DirectX or OpenGL. If they get creative and code everything down to one particular spec of one GPU vendor, most gamers get pissed and not buy the thing anyway.
If your hardware components are built to spec, the game should run just fine. If they cut corners and fudged it, you run into problems. That's how it goes with anything electronic.
Last edited by Magus_Melchior on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Magus_Melchior wrote:I suppose it's like playing an FPS with a trackball.
... ... ... Actually, that might not be a horrible idea. Probably would require getting used to/tweaking sensitivity, but it might work much better than a mouse.
See I have both connected and switch between them depending on what I'm doing. If it's assault/melee/gun-and-run mode, so to speak, mouse all the way, but for things such as sniping once set-up, especially if it's a small coverage area, switch to trackball.

Somehow, it works.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

Sorry for the blurry photo's.

Super PC under the desk.
24"inch TFT
simple ugly speakers and headset.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Magus_Melchior wrote:I suppose it's like playing an FPS with a trackball.

But you'll take my mouse from me for RTS when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

@Enslaven00bs: That's what the spec chart on the game box is for... and honestly, if you have a card that's a year or two old, it'll run just about anything unless you're going for bleeding-edge stuff, and even then, games have to be coded to one or both of DirectX or OpenGL. If they get creative and code everything down to one particular spec of one GPU vendor, most gamers get pissed and not buy the thing anyway.
If your hardware components are built to spec, the game should run just fine. If they cut corners and fudged it, you run into problems. That's how it goes with anything electronic.
My laptop can run pretty much any game you throw at it but I just recently purchased it.