Star Trek! the 'Coming Very Soon' frontier

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Koeia
BuzzBee

Post by Koeia »

:D:D Its coming! its coming!
The trailers and clips looked so cooooool!

from what i've seen from the clips,
i think..

*semi-spoiler?*
..that the villian, the guy from prison break, comes from the future, and tries to kill spok and captain kirk. when he's young.

or at least thats what i think.

Gotta watch as soon as its out. the suspense is killing me!
XD
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

At the end of the movie there will be only one man left alive. Sylar.

"The ability to match genitalia with alien women... That's a good power, Captain. I must have it!" *Sound of Kirk's head being cut open.*
Koeia
BuzzBee

Post by Koeia »

うはwwwwww.
i think there 'is' a scene where sylar goes facetoface with kirk.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey there,

So, believe it or not, I just got back from watching this movie! YES! It was a special early viewing in Boston and a student of mine won tickets to it but couldn't go and offered them to my wife and I.

I'm not the Star Trek fan in the house (Mrs manaman is) but I found it amazingly fun and truly well done--of course, lots of LOST influence.

I won't spoil anything, but I will say that it manages to surprise you a lot. Excellent movie. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and talk about the movie once you've all seen it.

Peace,

manaman
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

I want to see it so badly!!!! But I have to wait til payday......
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I'm a Trekkie and I'd rather eat my own ass than watch this movie. <.<

I already hate it from the previews. They've turned Star Trek into this glorified action moviefest like they have with every series and their mum the past few years.

I think it was a deal breaker particularly when I saw a trailer on T.V. that had a bunch of ship fighting action shots to some heavy doom/death metal playing in the background.

*sigh*
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Yo,

It sure does seem that way from the previews and I certainly did enjoy the action, but I can tell you that the previews belie the actual movie. I don't think you'd be too disappointed if you're a Trekkie 'cause I was surrounded by them and the comments after the movie were positive.

Later,

manaman
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Yeah, I'm sure the trailer is just trying to grab the audience "sitting on the fence" wondering if it is a decent action fix for them, but it still disheartens me. Plus I don't like the step in the old direction. I mean don't get me wrong TOS obviously made the series what it is, but it is done and over with. The movie should have been something post Picard. XD
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Yeah,

Picard is cool. But I actually like seeing this. To me, I feel it's a good way to get interested in the world of Star Trek where previously I wasn't really.

You should at least see it,

manaman
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I may, if anything to support the next Star Trek movie they already plan to make. I just hope it'll be one set in the "current" times. Hmm, lets see Nemesis was 2002, which corresponds to 2380, so the next movie should be like 2390. XD

I just don't want to see old stuff remade again. We have had enough TOS movies and Enterprise (while I liked it) was a huge ratings failure. I don't think Trekkies necessarily, and most new comers, want to see old stuff. If they want to liven up or even revitalize Star Trek I think going forward is their only viable chance.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hmmm. . . . Let me know what you think after watching the movie. Point taken, though.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

What I'd like to see them cover is the death of Picard before Patrick Stewart gets too old (or dies) to continue acting as the character. Will he ever become an Admiral or will he remain a Captain forever? :P
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I actually started a fanfic about that once where Picard was, once again, offered an Admiral position. However, he realizes he's getting old and it is time to start making room for "new blood" in the Federation and accepts the position, but he soon found himself regretting it and blah... blah...

I should finish it sometime. XD
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Oh and before the end, or at the end, Picard has to have one last show down with Q. :party:

That would make me giddy. :love:
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Yeah, totally have to have that. XD