School and Stuff

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Woo, this semester is going swimmingly.

Midterms etc. are next week or so I guess, I didn't realize we were this far in already.

Got my first exam back in Advanced Statistics today, totally got a 108 on it. 8)

Other classes are going well too, but I'm not even worried about them, cause this Advanced Stat class is supposed to be the hard one, but I've gotten the best grade out of all my classes in it. XD

Experimental Methods and Research class is turning out to involve a lot more writing than I figured, we're practically writing real research journals and stuff in it, wasn't expecting that at all.
Finished my first project in it a few days ago, it was a literature review where I had to cite like 9 sources from published journals, dunno how well I did, hoping it is ok. Now I've gotta write up half of a real journal, and that's only the fourth lab... the other two labs and two reports seem kind of daunting...

Abnormal is super easy, but maybe that's just because the material is so interesting.

English I was dreading until I realized we watch movies practically every class. XD
This week we've been watching Death of a Salesman and it's really interesting, I think I'll do good on this next exam.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

My work is actually paying for me to take a class which is really interesting to me. It meets once a week after work and is a joy to go to. It also helps that I feel kind of special showing up in a shirt and tie. Sort of like all those years dressing like a slob in undergrad and grad school are over. :)
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I have an English project due tomorrow. One of the guys I was working with drop the **** class O_O! It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't just find out 2 hours ago. So I have to finish my work and cover for the other guy. I'm doomed!
ytwars
Chess Knight

Post by ytwars »

Never take a 8 hour class...
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

DeadWolf,

If you talk to the teacher, I'm sure he or she will understand that you didn't complete the project because the other person dropped. Communication is the key.

Peace and good luck,

manaman
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

.. however that doesn't apply out here. my whole class was blamed because of the 'unclear status' of English Conversation subject. One sided deal had been 'decided' and the class are to accepted it. Otherwise we'll 'dead'. oh creep.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

manaman wrote:DeadWolf,

If you talk to the teacher, I'm sure he or she will understand that you didn't complete the project because the other person dropped. Communication is the key.

Peace and good luck,

manaman
My professor is the awesome and he totally understood.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Whoot! Glad to hear it, DeadWolf.