Nintendo ripoff

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I went to get Zelda 2 using my free gift from the Internet Channel. When I went to download it I got Error 204036. I kept trying with no good results. I shut my Wii down for the day and thought that it's just on Nintendo's end. The next day I get on the Wiishop to find out that it wants me to pay 500 points for Zelda 2.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Typical flakey Nintendo WFC.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I was on the phone with tech support for a while and the lady forwarded to the administration. I am supposed to get a call from them which has yet to happen.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

A question, how much is 500 wii points in real money? And how much does the tech support call cost you?
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Deques wrote:A question, how much is 500 wii points in real money? And how much does the tech support call cost you?
500 points = $5 USD
Tech Support call = free

I haven't gotten a call back :( I found a rare grey cart of Zelda 2 (It just says The Adventure of Link. Zelda isn't on the game.) and bought that for $2.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Arent the zelda games on NES in gold carts? That reminds me that gold carts are gold because they have save feature :P
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Looks pretty grey to me.

Gold carts were released first. Nintendo had a classic series where they re-released games in original grey carts for around $20. These classic series grey carts would be like the greatest hits of the NES. Now years down the road the grey carts are scarce and worth more because of that.

So anyway while I was typing this tech support called me. The guy pretty much said that the error was due to homebrew. He said the only way to fix it is to format my Wii. He also said that it was my choice. He was almost encouraging the homebrew saying that it wasn't worth reformatting for a 500 point games.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Deques,

No, the gray cartridges are the same game. Same save slots and everything. They just aren't shiny and gold. I know because I have them.

Peace,

manaman
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

Sounds strange that it didn't work because of the homebrew, what do you think you'll do, considering you have the cart now I'm assuming you'll stick with the homebrew? Is there any chance you can redeem the free gift for another game since Zelda didn't work? I guess it'd lead to the same problem though...
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Delvar wrote:Sounds strange that it didn't work because of the homebrew, what do you think you'll do, considering you have the cart now I'm assuming you'll stick with the homebrew? Is there any chance you can redeem the free gift for another game since Zelda didn't work? I guess it'd lead to the same problem though...
I'm not worried about it. It's not like I paid for the game in the first place.