Someone kill me.

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

I had the impression that forum communities can create a small network of friends that sometimes people can go to if they needed them. True, the internet is the last place you should look to for sympathy, but that doesn't mean ever.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

Surely you're right. Now, please get back to the main topic. We still haven't heard anything from comrade Quemaqua yet. We'd better not to leave anything here until our comrade speaks.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Tyrfillich wrote:And if you utterly have to ask, stay the hell AWAY from SomethingAwful and 4chan.
Goon advice is good advice.

Yeah stay away from 4chan.
NightshadeTea wrote:I had the impression that forum communities can create a small network of friends that sometimes people can go to if they needed them. True, the internet is the last place you should look to for sympathy, but that doesn't mean ever.
I guess friends of the internet would help. I'm alway willing to listen if anyone has a problem. Making a thread asking for death is not the start you need.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Abdul_Moti wrote:Surely you're right. Now, please get back to the main topic. We still haven't heard anything from comrade Quemaqua yet. We'd better not to leave anything here until our comrade speaks.
Seconded. . . . Pardon my post. I'm ready to wait.

Quemaqua, I really hope everything's going well. Please let us know soon.

Peace,

manaman
NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

DeadWolf wrote:I guess friends of the internet would help. I'm alway willing to listen if anyone has a problem. Making a thread asking for death is not the start you need.
Aye. This is true. I'm actually used to the kind of crowd that if they start a topic/make a post requesting for death or the like, they usually follow it up pretty quickly (if not within the same post) with why and/or a story/explanation telling why and taking their situation with a sense of humor/grain of salt/whatever. I sometimes forget other people don't do that when I join new communities.

Alrighty. Yes. manaman and Abdul_Moti are right. We should probably avoid derailing the original topic any further before Quetc comes back to explain things in greater detail.

C'MON, MAN. OUR FAITH IN YOU DEPENDS ON IT.

((I apologize for any incoherency. Booze rules. So does Firefox's spell check.))
Last edited by NightshadeTea on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

DeadWolf wrote:
NightshadeTea wrote:I had the impression that forum communities can create a small network of friends that sometimes people can go to if they needed them. True, the internet is the last place you should look to for sympathy, but that doesn't mean ever.
I guess friends of the internet would help. I'm alway willing to listen if anyone has a problem. Making a thread asking for death is not the start you need.
Quite the contrary for myself. Sheexy and I have been online-friends for well over ten years now, and I still can't stand his feelers. Potato this, Mario that.... I'm sick with the flu right now and that bastard keeps telling me to go see Dr. Mario.

Case in point, some people are bad people.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Faalstar wrote:
DeadWolf wrote:
Quite the contrary for myself. Sheexy and I have been online-friends for well over ten years now, and I still can't stand his feelers. Potato this, Mario that.... I'm sick with the flu right now and that bastard keeps telling me to go see Dr. Mario.

Case in point, some people are bad people.
I have an internet friend that I have know for about 5 or 6 years. We use to be pretty close but we don't talk too much now.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Internet relationships really got mocked a lot for being thin and baseless... and still do... But it's interesting and reassuring that a lot of people have really strong friendships and more thanks to the internet, proving the naysayers can't be right in every case. I only have two lasting relationships because of the internet, but both are going strong after eleven years. And TBH I'd take both of them over any of my "real life" friends any day of the week.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I'd say a few of you on this site I have gotten to know quite well and consider "real" friends. I also have a friend I met on another site who I still keep in touch with and do consider a friend. I think if everyone approached strangers on the Internet as real people instead of faceless names and digitized statements, lasting friendships started through online connections wouldn't seem strange at all. Of course, we can't even do as much in "real life," so I guess we'll just have to take it on a case by case basis.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

I don't really talk to many people from Seikens anymore, save for Magus_Melchior. I miss talking to everyone often, I really should catch up with everyone. One person in particular who was very awesome was BlueGenomes, but I rarely see him on Seikens anymore :( I also keep up with Destiny through Livejournal.

Man, if anyone wants to catch up and chat sometime, I think my contact info is in my profile, or else, PM me!

Heh, wow, I've contributed to the side-tracking of this topic...
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Delvar wrote:I don't really talk to many people from Seikens anymore, save for Magus_Melchior. I miss talking to everyone often, I really should catch up with everyone. One person in particular who was very awesome was BlueGenomes, but I rarely see him on Seikens anymore :( I also keep up with Destiny through Livejournal.

Man, if anyone wants to catch up and chat sometime, I think my contact info is in my profile, or else, PM me!

Heh, wow, I've contributed to the side-tracking of this topic...
Get on Skype.

I've gotten to the point where I don't even leave my IM up anymore. There is never anyone on to talk to (anyone I want to talk to that is) so I'll only get on for a little while. There is no point in wasting valuable resources having Pidgin and Skype run all the time when I only use it maybe 10 minutes out of a week.

Best way to get me is to email. I keep constant check of that.