Japan and computers

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

It's normal that in Asia people walk with their portable console such as the DS and PSP. But this seems to be common too in Japan

I wonder how they can type while standing like they do in the video. HOW??
I wouldn't walk with my laptop like they do as it's too heavy to walk with and holding with one arm
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I would be too afraid I would drop it and I would cry if I did. I also live in a small hillbilly town where there is no hot spots outside of McDonald's.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

That's also an obvious thing in my country, Indonesia. Even our people made it more dangerous, writing texts such as Facebook status while riding a motorbike through many 90 degree turns. but somehow they can manage it.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

We have morons text message while driving here. I had one pull out in front of me the other day on the bypass.

DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I'm sorry, but the only person I saw who had the right idea was the one person with the shoulder bag/harness thing. As long as you have something to keep the laptop comfortably in front of you, it's just ridiculous--keep the thing at home. It's NOT portable! :D

EDIT: "Unless you have something to keep the laptop comfortably in front of you, it's just ridiculous. . . ."
Last edited by manaman on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

Yeesh... it's amazing the amount of work that goes into inventing things that let you be more lazy... it kinda defeats the purpose of being lazy in the first place...

Still, the laptop strap thingy would be handy. It'd let me write on my Facebook while I text and drive at the same time.
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

and Apple has the solution!!! iPad!!!! :D :P
SaltyWendigo
Lullabud

Post by SaltyWendigo »

Agreed with Ailise :D, the ipad is going to be great for mobility. On the topic, I assume the just learn how to be extremely mobile with there personal machines, I heard someone in class joke that your personal laptop becomes like your sword that only you can wield in battle.
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

So if your laptop is full of viruses would that count as a poisoned sword?

Or better yet, PDAs in both pockets! Dual wield, suckas!
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

hahaha... nice one Quemaqua.
Aren't there some Etch a sketch with a drawing pencil instead? doesn't that make it Touch Screen?

.... googles it.... found one...

DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

there is something similar to the iPad that i think HP had announced a little while back. Again Apple is ripping ideas.
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

Have I mentioned lately that I hate Apple?
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

. . . I really want an iPad. I actually like how limited it is because I feel it would help me enjoy my down time browsing the net. I tend to get way too distracted when I have a computer. I always want to tweak it. You can't really tweak the iPhone OS. I love my iPod Touch. I love the personal data apps on the iPad and its compatibility with existing apps. I think I'm actually going to get one as a gift for getting my diploma in the mail recently.