Australian Internet Censorship

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

Well, not really. The original purpose of the filter was to try to help slow and catch internet child predators and professional pirates. However even the government has admitted that as both of those groups use peer-to-peer as their main means of material circulation, blocking and censoring websites is arbitrarily ineffective.

Mostly it will slow Australia's Internet to a crawl while restricting access to virtually nothing. It wouldn't surprise me if they blocked THIS site, seeing as it is full of talk of (Pumpkin) Bombs and trying to destroy the world.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Aha... Seems I failed in channeling Kevin Rudd. :P Ah well.

You should be okay, I would be extremely surprised if it actually happened. But if it does happen please feel free to tell me go off myself before you're banned forever. :-P
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

If internet censorship managed to filter Seikens, I think it would be clear proof that the end of human reasoning and intelligence has come.
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2009-12.html

End of human reasoning and intelligence eh?

Ladies and gentlemen, the Fat Lady will now sing. Please be seated throughout the entire performance and please, no flash photography or sudden movements, and under no circumstances should you feed the dancers.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

That's really quite sad. =/ That could not have been an easy way to go.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Now that I think about it, I don't know what's worse: Australia censoring EVERYTHING, or American Feminists trying to censor the entire country of Japan.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Duran wrote:Now that I think about it, I don't know what's worse: Australia censoring EVERYTHING, or American Feminists trying to censor the entire country of Japan.
I personally could do with out anime... So the first one.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

DeadWolf wrote:
Duran wrote:Now that I think about it, I don't know what's worse: Australia censoring EVERYTHING, or American Feminists trying to censor the entire country of Japan.
But what about Japanese games? =o
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Tekka wrote:
DeadWolf wrote:
But what about Japanese games? =o
I'm too much of a Konami/Nintendo/Square/Mostly Jap tech fan to let Japan to be banned.

I don't hate all anime just bad ones (like 90% of it). I honestly don't see what the hype is about. I know people who are self proclaimed Otakus who do nothing but watch anime and read manga as a lifestyle and I just don't understand it. I like anime when I was younger but it was a violent cartoon and I was a kid. I need to save this for another thread because I'm sure it doesn't belong here.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

That's fair enough I suppose. Konami and Nintendo already take care of their own censorship very well. :-P
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Tekka wrote:That's fair enough I suppose. Konami and Nintendo already take care of their own censorship very well. :-P
I was starting to wonder about the censorship from Konami then it hit me... Probotector!
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

DeadWolf wrote:
Tekka wrote:That's fair enough I suppose. Konami and Nintendo already take care of their own censorship very well. :-P
I was starting to wonder about the censorship from Konami then it hit me... Probotector!
Haha, nicely done. Love them robots.