Greetings

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

welcome aboard on board, comrade. feel yourself at home.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Indeed. Don't do that kind of thing in public!
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

something wrong with my words, comrade Tekka?
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

No, no... Just me trying to make a joke again... -_-

But since you asked... Instead of "feel yourself at home" I would suggest it should be "make yourself at home". While both are valid phrases, I think it's better to use "make" when inviting someone to relax in a new location. Sometimes it seems that "feel yourself at home" is a little bit of a clumsy saying that doesn't always make sense. That's just how I feel about the matter anyhow...

But don't mind me, you're doing a good job with the language! :party:
Keale
Rabite

Post by Keale »

RevRFish wrote:Not to put a date on you, but I think that puts you in the old guy category if my math is right. Welcome!
If you consider 26 being old then yes I guess I am an old guy :)
Last edited by Keale on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

Tekka wrote:Instead of "feel yourself at home" I would suggest it should be "make yourself at home". While both are valid phrases, I think it's better to use "make" when inviting someone to relax in a new location. Sometimes it seems that "feel yourself at home" is a little bit of a clumsy saying that doesn't always make sense. That's just how I feel about the matter anyhow...
oh, I see... Thanks a lot.
Tekka wrote:But don't mind me, you're doing a good job with the language! :party:
Well, I have done my best. It's not my mother tongue anyway. But that's not an excuse. I need to overcome this. Once again, thanks comrade Tekka.