I'm new here

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Originally in the Skype Thread:

So you don't know about Skype, the single most widely used Voice Over Internet Protocol (seeing as you don't know what VoIP stands for), you don't know about Google, not only the most used web search engine of the 21st century but one of the largest world-wide corporations on the technological playing-field today (to the point where "to google" is a step away from being accepted in the OED as a valid verb... and yet, I quote from one of your other posts:
kirby wrote:Be aware that I am not the only individual that knows this information, but one of very few. Most of the others that know the information do not know how to use the Internet as well as I do however.
Pull the other, it has bells on!

Also (coining a linguistic resource you seem to be obsessed with), at every step you are baiting Deques regarding issues in his posts, either grammatically or typographically. If I see one more example of this I'm going to ban your arse off these forums so fast you won't see the hammer smacking you across the head. Drop it now! It's getting very old, I'm getting extremely annoyed, and I have a very short fuse at this point in time, not because of attenuating circumstances from my "Real Life", but because you are royally pissing me off on every level.

Either start getting a clue very quickly about how to behave on this forum, or any other forum for that matter, or you will be finding your stay here extremely short-lived! And, with complete disregard for the rule of starting a sentence with a conjunction, don't expect any other forums to be tolerant of this sort of behaviour, because you can be absolutely certain that they will give you even less leeway than we have here.
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

Kassidy wrote:Originally in the Skype Thread:

So you don't know about Skype, the single most widely used Voice Over Internet Protocol (seeing as you don't know what VoIP stands for), you don't know about Google, not only the most used web search engine of the 21st century but one of the largest world-wide corporations on the technological playing-field today (to the point where "to google" is a step away from being accepted in the OED as a valid verb... and yet, I quote from one of your other posts:
kirby wrote:Be aware that I am not the only individual that knows this information, but one of very few. Most of the others that know the information do not know how to use the Internet as well as I do however.
Pull the other, it has bells on!

Also (coining a linguistic resource you seem to be obsessed with), at every step you are baiting Deques regarding issues in his posts, either grammatically or typographically. If I see one more example of this I'm going to ban your arse off these forums so fast you won't see the hammer smacking you across the head. Drop it now! It's getting very old, I'm getting extremely annoyed, and I have a very short fuse at this point in time, not because of attenuating circumstances from my "Real Life", but because you are royally pissing me off on every level.

Either start getting a clue very quickly about how to behave on this forum, or any other forum for that matter, or you will be finding your stay here extremely short-lived! And, with complete disregard for the rule of starting a sentence with a conjunction, don't expect any other forums to be tolerant of this sort of behaviour, because you can be absolutely certain that they will give you even less leeway than we have here.
I am sorry Kassidy, if Deques pointed out more of my own errors, which I would actually enjoy people doing so due to the fact that if you look to my response when Tekka corrected me, I would actually end up noticing errors less. Also I am serious that I do not know about Skype, but I do know about google even though I do not use due to the fact of when I use it I never find whatever I am looking for. That is why I use ask. Lastly, what do you mean by "Pull the other, it has bells on"?
Last edited by kirby on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Google it.
CaraBanana
Kimono Bird

Post by CaraBanana »

kirby wrote:
Tekka wrote:Is French your kryptonite?
For language I am pretty sure it is. But one has different weaknesses in different areas. That is why I want Carabanana to post on something I make.
You called?:)

Oui, je peux parler en français avec facilité, comme vous pouvez le voir.
Although my spoken French is not fluent, I'm pretty good when it comes to writing it.:-D

By the way, a belated welcome to the Seikens.:)
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

CaraBanana wrote:
kirby wrote:
Tekka wrote:Is French your kryptonite?
For language I am pretty sure it is. But one has different weaknesses in different areas. That is why I want Carabanana to post on something I make.

Although my spoken French is not fluent, I'm pretty good when it comes to writing it.:-D

Je pense que votre facilité est cassée. :-P
CaraBanana
Kimono Bird

Post by CaraBanana »

Faalstar wrote:
CaraBanana wrote:
kirby wrote:For language I am pretty sure it is. But one has different weaknesses in different areas. That is why I want Carabanana to post on something I make.

Je pense que votre facilité est cassée. :-P
Quoi!? Méchant. XD >.>
Last edited by CaraBanana on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

So I almost hurt myself laughing at this thread.

kirby, I think you would fit in quite well over here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/ I think the people there are more your speed. There's a lot of people, so there's a huge variety, some you will not like, but I think you'll find a wealth of people who will understand you better.
Last edited by NightshadeTea on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

NightshadeTea wrote:So I almost hurt myself laughing at this thread.

kirby, I think you would fit in quite well over here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/ I think the people there are more your speed. There's a lot of people, so there's a huge variety, some you will not like, but I think you'll find a wealth of people who will understand you better.
That's perfect! Kirby, I highly recommend you sign up for Gaia Online. There are thousands of people posting every second of the day and I'm sure you can gain a very fulfilling internet social life over there.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

kirby wrote:
DeadWolf wrote:
kirby wrote: I probably do not seem to because most of you do not seem to type any information to what you are referring to in your reply. What do you mean by, 'do not take anything serious'?

What do you mean by your last sentence? The way it is written does not make too much sense.
You're on the internet asking questions that a 3 year old should know. If you seriously don't know something then look it up yourself and NEVER get offended by words on a screen.
Yawn what you are saying is true DeadWolf, but most three year olds families that know the answers to the questions I am posting had the Internet. Also I type things like that so that you can correct previous mistakes, or to actually put down something that a person that who did not have readily available access to the Internet until last September can actually understand.

That and I was not offended by them, but rather trying to make sure that those were the words Deques was trying to use.
The simple questions that you ask have already been answered elsewhere on the internet and can easily be found by searching for them using an internet search engine. Instead of bugging us with a barrage of stupid question you can look up and find the answer to about 90% or your questions on the internet with out having to ask a soul.

Learn the beauty of the internet...
http://www.google.com
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

Belated welcome, comrade.
Based on comrade general Kassidy's words and your behavior, you seem lived in harsh situation. You need to learn to care about others and polite manner.

Anyway, since I act accordingly, you need to be polite and you shall receive my warmest welcome.

Make yourself at home.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

kirby wrote:Also I type things like that so that you can correct previous mistakes, or to actually put down something that a person that who did not have readily available access to the Internet until last September can actually understand.
Excuse me, but

In this age of Internet, you are serious that you did not use internet until last year? If I should believe in your profile, you are from Ohio, a state of America, a country that has a quite advanced internet usage, and still not used internet until last year.

How I start my sentences is none of your business. You start your sentences with firstly, secondly, thirdly and so on. I haven't pointed that out. I dont know if its grammatical correct to start a sentence with "also".

I don't want you to tell me that I write incorrectly, because you are not writing correct at all. Your sentences are way too long to read, use more punctuations.
If I tell you my first language, would you understand me better? WOULD YOU?!?!?

Also, yes I used the word "also", welcome aboard, if I havent said that yet
edit: i did say welcome earlier in the thread XD
Last edited by Deques on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Welcome to the Seikens bulletin board section.

I'm Ailise, a pretty evil staff member that will probably go against everything you say and you sir have just woke me up from my long slumber in my... batcave!?

:P "Firstly", no one is perfect in English spelling/grammar but we don't care because we want to have a fun discussion and not bother about spelling. NO one likes to be corrected of their spelling error because it feels like you are indirectly telling people they are stupid and lower than you.
That's why people become negative towards you and to be sincere NO ONE likes to be corrected by someone that makes a lot of spelling and grammar errors himself (this means you kirby)!

:P "Secondly", a person with no social life or friends (on campus) means you are not doing something right, find out what it is and try to correct it.
No one is perfect of course, but no one wants to befriend an idiot, I am not saying you are one, but the way you act sure makes you look like one.

:P "Lastly", be patient, maybe you have just discovered the internet (last year), but most of us have been around more than 10 years. Once the novelty wears off you don't spend 24 hours a day on the web.
No one will reply to you within 10 minutes because we don't live on the Seikens board, we have a life, friends, children, work, studies, hobbies, food needs, toilet needs... and so on.

:P "Also", have a nice stay here, we love new folks :love:
/ Ailise
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

うはwwwwww..
well, sometimes I like comrade commander Ailise's words which are really heart touching.
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

Wow, I thought *I* was meant to be the resident troll. Was I being too subtle?

Sorry Kirby, but I think you'd be better off on Gaia, as suggested. And just a handy little interjection, but your claims of English as your first language at this stage are highly doubtful; unless your age is under fourteen.
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Aaaaand that's all folks!