This is very weird to me

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

I am normally on seikens at least 2 - 3 hours Monday through Friday each week I know I only signed up a short while ago but I am wondering why it seems that quite a few people are only online a few minutes each day? Out of most of you I am here several times longer, but I can not post anything if nothing has been posted. Most of you are on here only about 5 - 15 at most can anyone here tell me Why?
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Because the rest of us have lives out side of this forum.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

We're a slow moving forum. We don't have many members so the discussions are somewhat drawn out, but can go into more depth than a forum with hundreds of members who are replying every second.

Personally I'm a student at a university I commute to, so for much of the day I'm either driving or attending classes.

For other people I imagine it's the same with work, etc. substituted in.
NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

I have school (and therefore homework), a little work, and a lot of personal projects. I just have a lot of stuff on my mind and while I love this site, I only check into it when I can.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

Because it's a slow moving forum I visit once a day, maybe twice, and respond to new posts if I have something to say.

I don't think anyone needs to justify why they don't visit more or less than someone else.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

and its dead boring place to hang out
(sorry)
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

A fair comment, in a way. Considering the number of active users on the forum, there's not going to be a high posting rate, so I wouldn't consider it somewhere to "hang out" per say. Then again, I don't view any forum as somewhere to hang out, I log on at intervals, participate when required, then get on with life. It isn't a live relay chat after all.
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

NightshadeTea wrote:I have school (and therefore homework), a little work, and a lot of personal projects. I just have a lot of stuff on my mind and while I love this site, I only check into it when I can.
What are you majoring in that has so much homework? I major in accounting and I have very little if any homework, and what I do receive I complete ridiculously fast.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

kirby wrote:What are you majoring in that has so much homework? I major in accounting and I have very little if any homework, and what I do receive I complete ridiculously fast.
Dunno about Nightshade, but I put a lot of time and effort into my homework to make sure I understand everything fully and have a proper grasp on the content. There's no harm in doing a bit extra study in areas you don't understand, either.
NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

I'm a Biology major. We have a lot of homework. It is especially hard for me because I was an art major for 3 years.

I just like to pop in every few hours or so on breaks.

Also, spending too much time in front of a screen makes my head hurt. That said, it's time to go outside.
Last edited by NightshadeTea on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

I do lurk in this site anonymously, and one should find me when I do feel like to leave some words.
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

I work in an IT firm supporting our great and illustrious government *COUGH HACK WHEEEZE* sorry, I think I'm developing an allergy to utter nonsense - so I bum around whenever I have free time between tasks.
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

I show up somewhat randomly and I don't always have anything interesting to say (some would argue that I never do...). Work keeps me busy, my wife takes up a good deal of my time beyond that, and studying kills the rest of it.
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

Delvar wrote:
kirby wrote:What are you majoring in that has so much homework? I major in accounting and I have very little if any homework, and what I do receive I complete ridiculously fast.
Dunno about Nightshade, but I put a lot of time and effort into my homework to make sure I understand everything fully and have a proper grasp on the content. There's no harm in doing a bit extra study in areas you don't understand, either.
I do not have to put much effort into homework, except in English, because my mind works so well in most other subjects I get A's on nearly everything, without studying. This year has been the first time I have ever studied for a test, and even so I do not have to study very much to receive a good grade.
Quemaqua wrote:I show up somewhat randomly and I don't always have anything interesting to say (some would argue that I never do...). Work keeps me busy, my wife takes up a good deal of my time beyond that, and studying kills the rest of it.
Where have you been? I have been wondering where you were because you have not posted since the beginning of the month.

Also, everyone another thing on my matter of speech, did none of you read and remember my first post? I listed on their that I am often told that I come across as being rude but often times I do not mean it very often. Lastly it seems that I am one of the few people on the planet who seem to like to be corrected. I do not like to have any self respect because in the Bible it says that: "pride comes before the fall", that also incudes self respect. Why I also only post here during the college week is because I seem to have allergies to 90% of the material on this planet. I am on here 2 - 3 hours during the college week except on some Thursdays.
NightshadeTea wrote:I'm a Biology major. We have a lot of homework. It is especially hard for me because I was an art major for 3 years.

I just like to pop in every few hours or so on breaks.

Also, spending too much time in front of a screen makes my head hurt. That said, it's time to go outside.
Wow! I did not know you had it so rough. I would not want to be in your shoes, also due to the fact Biology sort of creeps me out, and I stink at Art, very badly, in fact art is the only class I have ever failed. The only time my head hurts when looking at a computer screen is when I have a migraine.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Kirby please consolidate all of your posts into one when you quote things instead of making a new post for each one.
You can do this by opening up new quote replies in different tabs or windows and then copy pasting them all together.

Double posting is against the rules. As both Faal and Deadwolf tried to point out to you in another thread.