I'm Back!!

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
kirby
Dino Fish

I'm Back!!

Post by kirby »

As I have said I am back.
Hopefully, you can cut me some slack.
Or will you kidnap me in a sack,
and will you throw it in a barren old shack?
Or is my rambling completely quack?
Videogames I do not know how to hack.
I'm hungry so I think I will have a snack.
Is this poem on the right track?
Old peoples' teeth are covered in plaque.

P.S.: If you did not notice this is supposed to try and be a really silly apology.
PSS: If you do not accept the apology it is ok because I would only get 3 - 30 years out of this site anyways.
PSSS: I like how you fixed up the site it looks much better!
Ailise
Site Admin

Re: I'm Back!!

Post by Ailise »

Nice rhyme.

3 - 30 years??? :o
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

Ailise wrote:Nice rhyme.

3 - 30 years??? :o
Thank you, Ailise. Also, yes those numbers are right because I was doing calculations over the second half of spring break and that was the results I received for how long it would take for oil to "run dry" or skyrocket, in other words for when oil becomes almost nonexistent because when that happens I came up with that the Internet would only have an approximate 30% chance of survival.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

the oil will end somewhere between 2013 and 2040?

I don't think you need to start a new thread and say that you are back, just because you weren't around in here in a few days

wb anyway
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

I didn't know the Internet runs on oil.
That's why we have nuclear power, solar power, wind power, water/river power and so on... (those are the clean ones, we have more dirty stuff too, like Carbon power :P )
If there is a will there is a way ;)
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

Well... I should say that my calculations are only 97.4% accurate.

Except that probably sounds like gibberish to you. That and yes the Internet is run off of oil because I think that actually wait a minute I forget here isn't the Internet run through satelites? Because in order for satelittes to stay in orbit they need maintence to be performed on them and it requires oil.

You have to realize that 90% of the world's energy is run off of oil though. That and I mean there would be no transportation and electric because it takes a high amount of energy to keep ... I lost the words I was going to say next.
Last edited by kirby on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

What are your parameters to the calculation? Is Christianity a part of it? Then the science wouldn't accept your calculation at all, because Christianity is not fact, its religion. Religion is for beliefs. But I think I have gone way off topic. Bye
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

You are full of **** dude!

- 97.4%? evidence please?

- Death got permission from GOD!? hahaha, now I know you are full of ****. How do someone even know about this? If you going to discuss Theology in Seikens prepare to crash and burn! (We are not against it, but we are not beginners on the subject, so let it go!)

- 90% of the energy is from oil? Source?
I gave you several stuff that can replace oil as "energy source". We have several other stuff that can replace oil as fuel already too!

ps. Internet is NOT run by satellites but big and long cables in the oceans (and cables on land (but it's actually run by computer servers)). Biggest one calles "SEA-ME-WE-3", look it up. AND satellites are powered by SOLAR power, and for the part of oil for maintainance, it is space, the oil won't run away anywhere :P
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

Christianity does not take a part into consideration I am using the principle stated in the theory of Hubbert's Peak. It says that oil will reach a peak point in production and slowly decrease production, until there is a point when production will start decreasing exponentially. This means that at this point there would be so little oil prices would soon skyrocket to easily over $15 a gallon, and this would cause a series of chain reactions for the next 40 years because no one is actually prepared for this. My advice to all of you is to start planting gardens, get plenty of firearms, install a wood stove in your house, etc. just find a way to survive for the first 7 years, because after that things will slowly start to go uphill.

Another thing, oil peaked in production in I am pretty sure 2002. Production has been decreasing ever since the numbers that are being given to us are not true.

That and because of what happened Friday evening I actually have something to post in the General Discussion area and it does not deal with the somewhat emptiness of the site, but rather because I can not find a logical explanation for what happened.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Ailise wrote:"SEA-ME-WE-3"
Ehehehe, See Me Wee. T_T
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

Tekka wrote:
Ailise wrote:"SEA-ME-WE-3"
Ehehehe, See Me Wee. T_T
Enough of this, please can't the rest of us act like somewhat civilized humans?
Also, for what you said Ailise oil goes bad 1 year after it is refined, because the hydrocarbons loosen and turn into natural gas, and oil goes bad after 10 years after it is sent into space, and oil also goes bad in 20-25 years after a well is capped off because the hydrocarbon chains unravel.

Anyways with how much energy is consumed by people all over the globe, alternative energy sources do not have enough of a supply to meet the demand even close to the equilibium point, and due to the fact that big oil companies want to monopolize, biofuels are not being made, once oil starts to dissapear the world will have to go ahead and make biofuels to equate the energy the populance wants. Except that during this time approximately 2/3 of the poulation will die, and it will take 7 years in order to start up the first algae biofuel plant, because until then it will not be cost effective to make biofuels in bulk.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

agreed

no more oil talking or I have to close yet another kirby's threads
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

Deques wrote:agreed

no more oil talking or I have to close yet another kirby's threads
That happens enough as it is and this time Faalstar has not posted yet which would be a first, because every thread of mine that gets banned Faalstar posts on it so it would be weird this time.

Anyways did Tekka not even notice the monorhyme? The one thing that I am actually good at creatively and he does not even notice it. I'm also trying to beat my record right now can anyone think of a monoryhme with at least 17 lines?
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Jesus H. Christ. -__- SORRY.

Ya git.

What's the big deal if I don't comment? I certainly don't see you commenting on any of my work.

That is not an invitation though, as that would probably be a fate worse than death, so please don't do it.
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

... You should know by now that I am not an art critic, a video game critic, not a comedy critic 80% of the time, etc.

If you sing, cook, do sports, etc. then I am a critic.

... Also you should think upon my dialect before you wrote your last line because it makes 0 sense at all from my perspective.

Well, this is my first topic to be moved and not banned or go dead, yet. Oh, yeah! I nearly forgot I figured out the combination to safe #11 which held Aixulram *swinging scythe*.